Another art trade.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Loom's post
06-01-2018, 01:27 PM
RE: Member art
It's been a few years since I got to sit on the player side of the DM screen. I rolled a goblin druid with a peg leg and a Mastiff.

[Image: 348k94k.jpg]

Looking forward to this!
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-01-2018, 01:33 PM
(18-12-2017 10:17 AM)Loom Wrote:  [Image: _at__magikusmedveurasag_by_oo_kiri_oo-dbwynza.png]

Another art trade.

This one makes me think of Dr. Who, cracks in time, and bad wolves and roses. Big Grin

#sigh
06-01-2018, 08:31 PM
Welcome to my lounge room. I knocked out the lounge room wall and built a 7x5m deck on the front of this place with River Red Gum floorboards which I wanted to show but no way I'm sanding and oiling the whole deck, so I engraved a 6m long lizard onto the floor and just polished that. Next to the big front doors is a self portrait in pastel that properly captures my cheeky grin after one drawing lesson. One lesson on a pottery wheel and there are bowls with frogs on them that someone in L.A. saw on my website and wanted to buy but out of luck. There are bowls I made from clay I peeled off my boots while digging the foundations for the deck. There's a camphor wood goblet I turned out of a tree I cut down in the front yard, on a lathe I made. There's a plaster water dragon lizard on a log looking lifelike despite being killed by a mate's cat and left dead in his bathroom. I made a mould with roofing silicone and buried the lizard under my mullberry tree. There are wall frogs with feet the size of your hand, made in a latex mould from a wood carving. There's some of the finest detailed sand-blasted glass art in the world which a mate of mine showed me how to make. The coffee table in the middle of the room is a slab of Black Butt Gum I dragged home with a chain behind the farm 4WD and there's a comfy chair made from Acacia branches and a hessian bag. When I push the handle down on the old chrome National toaster next to the TV the perspex toast sticking out the top lights up red. There's just enough room between the Logitech G27 wheel and pedal set with the Mazda 121 seat that leans back on the slab coffee table and the TV to ride my KLR650 into the dining room where I park it because it's beautiful. I just have to remember not to wheelstand it on the way home because the battery overflow once dropped acid on my tung oiled floor and left a dot.
That's not even half the art I can see from where my laptop swings out in front of my leather recliner lounge. Beside me there's a short length of wide steel pipe with six PVC electrical conduit flutes sticking up like a musical umbrella stand, and there's video on my youtube channel of me playing one in my water tank when I had to get in there and fix a leak.
I carved in granite on my fireplace "...chop wood, carry water..." to remind myself that life is art and needs doing, and I do.