Member art

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Member art
A search didn't turn up a past member art thread, so I figured I would start one. I wanted to be a professional illustrator as a teenager, but I lost the driving passion to draw after serving in the military. If I draw anything nowadays it's on the old version of MS Paint with a mouse. I usually draw silly cartoon stuff. Here are some of my favorites:

I layered this together from five different photos (stars, earth, cats, flame 1, and flame 2). The "ass rockets" are candle flames turned sideways.

[Image: catwarsrealistic.png]

A character a friend and I created in high school oh so many years ago. He is "Heinz 57 of the Maytag." He is a member of a race of Gnomes that live in the refrigerator. They struggle against a competing tribe known as the "Whirlpool."

[Image: buttgnomeman.png]

My grandfather as Tinker Bell.

[Image: grandpaasafairyjpegvers.jpg]

The death of Pac Man.

[Image: deathofpacman.png]

This was layered from five photos (background, empty throne, face 1, face 2, and lightsaber handle). That is me as Luke Skywalker. I snapped a close-up pic for a cartoonish effect. The face of the emperor is of my niece from a Christmas musical. She was moving, so it is blurred giving her a menacing appearance. The black cloak has wrinkles. Some computer monitors cannot pick them up for some reason.

[Image: darthlordpaigevsjimskyw.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
03-07-2011, 10:27 PM
RE: Member art
One of my buds has been getting into 3D modelling. I took one of his creations and played with it a bit.

[Image: pastaballwallpaper.jpg]

[Image: pastahound.jpg]

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mindprowler's post
04-07-2011, 04:11 PM
I'd like share this piece of artwork I made 2 years ago, I always liked Sci-Fi stuff, space photos, hubble photos, etc, so I made this wallpaper for my laptop.

I made it on Photoshop CS2 from scratch using textures and effects like clouds, filters, etc. All effects and textures except the blue planet texture, are made by me.

[Image: The_Next_Destination_Wallpaper_by_MasterRottweiler.jpg]

It is also available in my Deviant Art gallery, so if you want to check it out, feel free to do it Big Grin.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
[+] 1 user Likes MasterRottweiler's post
05-07-2011, 07:00 AM

http://algolagniac.deviantart.com/
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2011, 03:25 AM
Maskelyne, is that Duergar Abduction yours? It's brilliant.

P.S.
Been playing D&D for 15 years now...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
09-07-2011, 08:31 AM

(09-07-2011 03:25 AM)Filox Wrote:  Maskelyne, is that Duergar Abduction yours? It's brilliant.

P.S.
Been playing D&D for 15 years now...

Nope, its one of my favorites though. Its very, very rare to see anyone do Duergar artwork. They are not a very popular race in Forgotten Realms (Neverwinter Nights 2 for instance), I don't know about D&D itself (haven't played since the early 90's, using books from the 70's) but I doubt many people play them there either.
09-07-2011, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 06:12 PM by GirlyMan.)
I got zero art aptitude. Can't even draw a decent stick figure. But my progeny seem to have some talent.

From my 19 yo daughter:
[Image: marleyp.jpg]

From my 22 yo son:
[Image: peace.jpg]

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 9 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-07-2011, 10:12 AM

Dude. I absolutely love that second one, Girlyman.

YOU MUST MATE MORE OFTEN. KEEP THOSE ARTIST GENES FLOWING THROUGH THE GENEPOOL.
10-07-2011, 11:01 AM
I take a few photographs. I actually just sold my first photo's on Friday. Sure it was only 10 bucks for the 2 but it made me feel great. Not really in line with the rest of the stuff in the thread though.
10-07-2011, 12:15 PM
[Image: eye_of_a_child_by_tazzie98-d3iqneh.jpg]

This is mine

Tried to make it better on Photoshop but don't know how to use layers and stuff so just did a simple blur

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
[+] 2 users Like tazmin98's post