Members Referred

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Members Referred
I've just noticed this on my profile. I always assumed it meant if you have introduced anyone to the forum and never really gave it any thought. Apparently I have referred someone here though even though I'm pretty sure I haven't.

Am I being dead thick and totally misunderstanding this? What does the whole members referred thing mean?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 10:21 PM
RE: Members Referred
(10-02-2012 10:19 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I've just noticed this on my profile. I always assumed it meant if you have introduced anyone to the forum and never really gave it any thought. Apparently I have referred someone here though even though I'm pretty sure I haven't.

Am I being dead thick and totally misunderstanding this? What does the whole members referred thing mean?

Well when i signed up it asked who referred you so im guess it means who told you about the site
10-02-2012, 10:24 PM
(10-02-2012 10:21 PM)Ducky_Van_Octi Wrote:  Well when i signed up it asked who referred you so im guess it means who told you about the site

That's what I thought but I'm sure I haven't referred anyone Huh.

I'm glad it's not just me being thick Big Grin.

I'll have to ask DeepThought, he may even be able to check who it was.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
11-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Seems like a new thing otherwise have quite a few of those. Maybe someone credited you for convincing them to make an account.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
15-02-2012, 11:53 PM
On your user CP you’ll notice a link like:

Quote:To refer a member to this board, direct them to http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/memb...errer=4707

If someone uses this link in his browser, your reference counter goes up.

It is meant to be used as a clickthroug reference for blogs or websites or so.Looks like someone used yours sometime.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.