Memorable Moments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2017, 04:30 PM
RE: Memorable Moments
Probably sounds silly to TTA folks but getting fitted for my first pair of pointe shoes was a momentous occasion. Then I rose up on my toes and felt the pain. I remember that too.

Being kissed for the first time by my future husband under a tree was amazing. The sex three days later was earth shattering.

The first night after we brought our new baby home from the hospital was memorable. The sound of a new human person breathing next to our bed was so strange and I kept getting up to watch her breath. Only other parents will understand this.

The 1994, 6.7 earthquake in Los Angeles that knocked me out of bed is burned into my brain but I kinda grew up around earthquakes in California so I recovered pretty fast, unfortunately my husband is from South Carolina and he was screaming like a little girl. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
11-04-2017, 04:42 PM
Lots of music related memories here...it's funny how a song can take you right back to a time and place with just a few notes.

I was in high school and was with my boyfriend, his best friend and bandmate, and a good friend of mine. We were in my boyfriend's mom's car and heading to New Wine park in eastern Iowa on a beautiful day. The song 'Angie' by the Rolling Stones came on the car radio. Both the guys started singing. It was the first time I had heard it.

Though not a big Stones fan, when I hear the song I am back on that gravel road traveling through a tunnel made by trees with three of my favorite people to a really nice little park for a day of playing in the creek and listening to the guys play guitar and singing. It always makes me smile.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-04-2017, 06:16 PM
I have many specific location memories associated with particular songs, most of which are not particularly significant.

For instance, "Rocket Man" on the car radio in a Pizza Hut parking lot in Painesville, Ohio, during the summer in the early 1970s. The song was new but that wasn't the first time I had heard it.
11-04-2017, 07:18 PM
It has to be said.

The first time I threw grenade. Movies focus too much on the fire and stuff, but fail to do justice to the sphincter tightening feeling of the concussion. Good times.

Add yes, "It's a Small World" was still playing in my head.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-04-2017, 07:26 PM
(11-04-2017 07:18 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It has to be said.

The first time I threw grenade. Movies focus too much on the fire and stuff, but fail to do justice to the sphincter tightening feeling of the concussion. Good times.

Since I am pretty much...not athletic...I was impressed by the drill who was willing to stand behind the wall with me when I threw one for the first time. Confused

Of course, he may have just drawn the short straw that day.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-04-2017, 07:36 PM
(11-04-2017 07:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 07:18 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It has to be said.

Since I am pretty much...not athletic...I was impressed by the drill who was willing to stand behind the wall with me when I threw one for the first time. Confused

Of course, he may have just drawn the short straw that day.

Yeah that's gotta be a stressful role. People get so overcome with anxiety that they really do things like drop the grenade and throw the pin. Drill to the rescue Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
11-04-2017, 07:59 PM
Dear Penthouse,

I was delivering balloons, putting myself through college, when I happened upon this older woman wearing nothing but sunglasses, high heels and a smile. ...

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2017, 08:01 PM
(11-04-2017 07:59 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Dear Penthouse,

I was delivering balloons, putting myself through college, when I happened upon this older woman wearing nothing but sunglasses, high heels and a smile. ...

The question is not would he, but could he! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post