Memorable nightmares

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Memorable nightmares
Apart from the usual ones, like when Bob from Twin Peaks was closing in, and about to finish me off, and similar ones, there is one that stands out. And it has bothered me till this day.

I was attending a math lecture at university. The auditorium was packed, and people were nodding and taking notes. They asked questions, and had them answered. The usual stuff. The only problem was that I myself couldn't understand a word on what the lecture was about. It didn't make sense at all. Not a single concept, not a single idea, made any sort of sense. Nothing. Not to me. But everyone else clearly grasped it, and enjoyed the lecture.

It was horrible, and absolutely devestating. I woke up, and have never been able to forget it.

The one, true, and real Harvey

Bene vixit, bene qui latuit
René Descartes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Harvey's post
11-03-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: Memorable nightmares
I used to have recurring nightmares in which one of those road compactors.....

[Image: orange%20road%20roller_preview.jpg]

...kept coming at me and I could almost get away but not quite. I'd get stuck in the tar and almost get rolled over but then I'd get away but then get stuck in the tar again and almost smashed. I just could never get far enough away from that machine not to be terrified. I had that same dream several times. Bechased

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-03-2016, 01:33 PM
I was in a small rusty shed with tiny dirty windows. The shed had a concrete floor and lead panels, water and a food supply- like a fallout shelter, but above ground. Outside the window was a red and smokey sky, and a mushroom cloud. Dead, blackened trees, and a shattered and littered dance floor. On the dance floor were people dressed in torn and dirty ball gowns and tuxedos, they were emaciated and dusty. They danced a waltz, a slow one while the cloud got larger behind them. A small boy wandered around the dance floor, holding the only pure and clean thing I could see, a glass of water. His eyes met mine, and I felt his sadness.
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
11-03-2016, 01:54 PM
In my dream no one will listen to me, no one will lock the doors and windows. My father is angry and has a knife, and I know he will come in the house and kill everyone and then kill me last. Then he walks into the house and does exactly that.

I have this dream several times a year. It's probably rather generic, but it's memorable to me.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
11-03-2016, 01:58 PM
I had a recurring nightmare all through my childhood of being attacked and mauled by two gigantic poodles. In my teens I mentioned it casually to my mom one day; she said it really happened. We were on a family trip somewhere, I was in my stroller, barely a year old if even that, and a man was walking two poodles and they pretty much jumped up and pawed at me. They didn't do me any real physical harm and probably just wanted to play/investigate what I was all about, but it apparently scarred me subconsciously for years. To this day I don't really care for poodles, lol.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
11-03-2016, 02:05 PM
Most of the time when I'm having nightmares I'm aware in the dream that it is one. I have this feeling that I should be frightened but rarely am I scared. Like this one:

I was Mads Mikkelsen and was fleeing from something. I was naked and kept running into fans that wanted my autograph.

Then there was this one:
It took place when my daughter was just a baby. Her mom and I was at a part in a big mansion that somehow had a barn too. Suddenly a tornado hit, and everything got chaotic. I kept looking form my daughter but she was nowhere to be found. While I was crawling under a table I met her mother and asked where our daughter was to which she calmly replied:

-Don't worry. I put her under a bush outside. So she's safe.

At that moment I knew she was dead. And I woke up. Crying from the emotion of the dream that had followed me out of the dream-state.

Fucking kids. They inevitable become your weak spot.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
11-03-2016, 02:06 PM
(11-03-2016 01:58 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I had a recurring nightmare all through my childhood of being attacked and mauled by two gigantic poodles. In my teens I mentioned it casually to my mom one day; she said it really happened.

Damn. It makes me wonder how much of our formative years we unconsciously remember.

I had a really memorable nightmare when I was about nine. It was mostly memorable because of the sleep paralysis that came with it. The short version was that right before I woke up, the woman in a red dress was trying to capture me, and she'd just completed this chant, and I couldn't move. She was approaching me really slowly. Then, I realized I was dreaming and tried to open my eyes. I felt like I could only open them part way. I could sort of see my room, but there was a red blur near the foot of my bed. I shut my eyes and found myself frozen with her getting closer. I tried opening them again, and the red blur was getting less transparent and more substantial. I repeated this a couple more times, each time with her getting closer in the dream and with her dress becoming clearer and more in focus in my room. Then, right before she grabbed me, I opened my eyes wide, and I was alone in my room.

Of course, at that time, I really did believe that some dream monster was actively materializing in my room, and that I was seconds away from dying. That shit sticks with you.

As far as reoccurring dreams go, my most common one is that I'm back in college for some reason, it's the middle of a semester, and I just now realize that I had a math class that I've been forgetting to attend. Every time I show up, there's always a test, and I have no idea what I'm doing.
11-03-2016, 02:30 PM
Twice I'd thought my imminent demise was real. One was as a passenger in the cockpit jumpseat of an airliner that refused to climb and began to plunge, and in terror I thought "this is no dream, it's real". Waking up at the moment of impact was a surprise - a welcome one, tense and frightened and shaking, but whew! The second time I'd just fallen off the stairs or platform inside a high structure and accelerating down toward a concrete floor I thought "I'm not dreaming, this is really it". Awaking just striking the floor was a shock. A relieved shock, of course, but that last one bothered me for days afterward. I don't remember when these were, but years ago.
11-03-2016, 02:37 PM
I had one years ago where the moon had come out of its orbit and was heading towards the earth and I was living right where the predicted impact was. Everybody was panicking and trying to get out of the area even though the impact would destroy the entire planet so running was pointless. I kept watching it get bigger and closer over weeks (in dream time - this was all a single dream) and was terrified every time I looked at it. Just a few hours before impact it became clear that the moon wasn't an actual moon but was a giant alien spacecraft being aimed intentionally at us to destroy us. That's when I woke up.

For a few years afterwards every time I saw the moon I got a feeling of uneasiness. I don't feel that any longer but I always remember that dream whenever I see the moon now.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
11-03-2016, 02:45 PM
I had one dream where I was drowning, and I woke up realizing I'd been holding my breath.