Memorable nightmares

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2016, 02:45 PM
RE: Memorable nightmares
A little background. Many moons ago I was in USN's Nuclear Power School program. When I show up they tell me I have to take the preschool program. I asked why? They said because you didn't take algebra in high school. "I took algebra in middle school. Calculus in high school." Dude looks at me and says "Preschool musters over there."

My dream is that they tell me I didn't take arithmetic in middle school so I have to retake elementary school.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2016, 05:20 PM
(11-03-2016 02:05 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Then there was this one:
It took place when my daughter was just a baby. Her mom and I was at a part in a big mansion that somehow had a barn too. Suddenly a tornado hit, and everything got chaotic. I kept looking form my daughter but she was nowhere to be found. While I was crawling under a table I met her mother and asked where our daughter was to which she calmly replied:

-Don't worry. I put her under a bush outside. So she's safe.

At that moment I knew she was dead. And I woke up. Crying from the emotion of the dream that had followed me out of the dream-state.

Fucking kids. They inevitable become your weak spot.

I have the tornado dream too, but mine is based on having an EF 0 pass by us in 2001. Me and my sisters were told to get down in the cellar; and my mother said that it was the only time she had seen my grandfather at above age 70 RUN LIKE HELL to lock up the barn doors. It was a unique experience seeing it unfold. I looked out the door right before it hit; it was bright midday one second, then the next it got PITCH BLACK.

My nightmares with it is far more over the top. It usually involves me looking out the kitchen window and seeing what looks like an EF-4 destroying our neighbors' farm. After that it's an incomprehensible mess of getting to cover, and the tornado hits my house, sometimes it doesn't. But generally this dream is somewhat exciting.

The nightmare that truly scares the shit out of me is one where my barn turns into something that looks like a series of mine shafts. These shafts are so deep that there's no telling what's down there, other than certain death. The dream usually ends with myself or somebody I know falls into the void, and whoever is left is distraught but still treats it as just a day on the job. Charming.

But I'm happy I don't have what one my friends have; Sleep Paralysis. Goddamn freaky shit.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
11-03-2016, 05:52 PM
I had a recurring nightmare when I was a kid...like ages 5-9. I would start to wake up and was convinced there was a skunk on one side of me and snake on the other side of me. I was terrified that if I moved the skunk would spray me and/or the snake would bite me. I would lay perfectly still as I came fully awake and would lay motionless for was seemed like an hour or more. Finally I would peek to one side and then the other to be sure they weren't really there. After several times of checking for these beasts I would finally realize that I could move and get out of bed safely. The sensation was so real that no matter how often it happened and it turned out nothing was there, I still was terrified to even breathe.

I have thought that because of the dysfunction and violence I dealt with that the skunk and the snake represented my parents.

Those dreams and waking fears ended fifty years ago but I still remember it clearly.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
11-03-2016, 09:12 PM
I've also had a recurring dream that all my teeth are rotting and falling out. I've had this throughout my life. It is so realistic that when I wake up I'm convinced that I have no teeth. Somewhere I read that this is a common nightmare throughout the world. Interesting.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
11-03-2016, 10:49 PM
we watched a vampire flick when I was 8 or so. Bad idea.
I go to bed and have this nightmare that the vampires are coming to get me.
My brother (8 years older) has his own simultaneous nightmare that he was being chased by some baddies in the car. I am in his dream.
The cops are on the baddies side. We got stuck at a traffic light but he dared not run it, the cops were watching.
I am standing on my bed screaming and he comes rushing into my room saying "it's alright, it's green, it's green!"
I wake up to this and wonder WTF was he talking about Big Grin