Memorial Tree Park for cremationists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2016, 11:52 PM
RE: Memorial Tree Park for cremationists.
Cremate me, mix my ashes with concrete, and use that to construct artificial reefs.

[Image: smallsizes.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-02-2016, 12:07 AM
(04-02-2016 11:52 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Cremate me, mix my ashes with concrete, and use that to construct artificial reefs.

[Image: smallsizes.jpg]

I likey! That would be cool. Yes

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
05-02-2016, 12:53 AM
Any cremation story is gonna be debunked by Aron Ra. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
05-02-2016, 12:56 AM
(05-02-2016 12:53 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Any cremation story is gonna be debunked by Aron Ra. Big Grin

Nah, I'll just share my appetizer with him again at PF Chang's and we'll be good. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
06-02-2016, 01:41 AM
(04-02-2016 11:12 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 10:51 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Not that there is anything wrong with your wished, getting chucked in the ground, or rotting on top doesn't take away from what your "giving back". It just depends on who or what is benifeting from your demise directly. In the end energy is only changing from one configuration to another. I'd prefer just getting thrown in a hole, no coffin. I think a headstone would be nice though as it would give my loved ones a place to grieve and get some closure. It's what they are comfortable with. My wife wants to be cremated. My way is not legal in a lot of places, but it happens to murder victims everyday, so it might still happen. That being said, I would rather not be murdered. Mercy killed might be good depending on the circumstances though. I'm really rambling. Sorry.

You can be buried without embalming in a very simple wooden coffin in some states in order to allow your remains to fully decompose and be part of the earth fairly soon. My state has that option. That is available for less than a $1000 including the coffin but not necessarily the grave site.

To be cremated it's about $400-$600 and you get your ashes put into a plain metal box for your loved ones. If they want a fancier urn that costs extra.

If you do not want to be embalmed (I do not) then you must be buried or cremated within so many days. I think it's like 4-6 days. But if you have died of a disease that might change things. Some states won't let you decompose naturally, particularly if it was a communicable disease.

My state doesn't allow it - which is crazy to me. Here's to hoping I get murdered in my twilight years and dumped in a river. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
06-02-2016, 03:11 AM
I like the idea of my remains going to nourish another living thing. Immortality in a nutshell.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
06-02-2016, 12:03 PM
(06-02-2016 01:41 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 11:12 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  You can be buried without embalming in a very simple wooden coffin in some states in order to allow your remains to fully decompose and be part of the earth fairly soon. My state has that option. That is available for less than a $1000 including the coffin but not necessarily the grave site.

To be cremated it's about $400-$600 and you get your ashes put into a plain metal box for your loved ones. If they want a fancier urn that costs extra.

If you do not want to be embalmed (I do not) then you must be buried or cremated within so many days. I think it's like 4-6 days. But if you have died of a disease that might change things. Some states won't let you decompose naturally, particularly if it was a communicable disease.

My state doesn't allow it - which is crazy to me. Here's to hoping I get murdered in my twilight years and dumped in a river. Big Grin

I "liked" this but I struggled with it. Laugh out load

06-02-2016, 12:25 PM
(01-02-2016 11:01 PM)carol Wrote:  I think your idea is a great one, i would want to be buried that way. I wanted to add my mom's cremation story- and my sneaky and illegal acivities as her daughter, even though it is a bit off topic.
My mom was gay. She was never able to marry the woman she lived with for close to 30 years in New York. I was also not supposed to be allowed to spread her ashes on her lover's grave, her family objected to their relationship.
When she died I drove to the place that her long term lover was buried , from Maine to New York, and started to sprinkle her ashes about the grave. Well,it turns out there are a lot of ashes left after a cremation, and I was trying to be unobtrusive and sly and not get arrested...there are huge fines, New York is strict about it,...and court stuff involved if caught..and I tried to sprinle them about , (I had put a small hole in the plastic bag they were in) but I wound up making obvious small piles of mom's ashes around the grave, which was very close to a place where people commonly walked, and they would be noticable, which may result in both my arrest, a fine, and mom's ashes removed. Blush
And I was also finding the whole thing a little comical, which caused me to get a little silly and to start to laugh. So I tried to smear them into the grass, which resulted in mom ashes on my shoes...which made me laugh out loud like a crazy woman in a cemetery and have several people look at me as if I may be a bit dangerous... but I did my best, and then I jumped into the car and drove back to Maine, and shook off the last little bit of mom's ashes under some apple trees here at home. I really wondered if I would get a call over the next few days but I did not...and I still think the whole thing was funny. Sick humor, but I was also defending my mom's right to love and be buried where they both would wish her to be...even if I did get ashes on myself...I think she would have thought it a bit funny too. Angel

You are my new favourite poster for the day.

Heatheness,
Not only do I love your idea, I share it! My wife and I had considered creating a memorial tree park on our farm. Good for you....do it! We had even gone as far as selecting the types of trees we would offer (the service would have use cremated remains mixed into compost and used to plant a sapling tree) and designed the layout of the trails.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
06-02-2016, 12:29 PM
(06-02-2016 12:25 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Heatheness,
Not only do I love your idea, I share it! My wife and I had considered creating a memorial tree park on our farm. Good for you....do it! We had even gone as far as selecting the types of trees we would offer (the service would have use cremated remains mixed into compost and used to plant a sapling tree) and designed the layout of the trails.

At first I read "trials", and wondered about your victims. I thought I had found my killer for a brief moment. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
06-02-2016, 02:41 PM
(06-02-2016 12:25 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(01-02-2016 11:01 PM)carol Wrote:  I think your idea is a great one, i would want to be buried that way. I wanted to add my mom's cremation story- and my sneaky and illegal acivities as her daughter, even though it is a bit off topic.
My mom was gay. She was never able to marry the woman she lived with for close to 30 years in New York. I was also not supposed to be allowed to spread her ashes on her lover's grave, her family objected to their relationship.
When she died I drove to the place that her long term lover was buried , from Maine to New York, and started to sprinkle her ashes about the grave. Well,it turns out there are a lot of ashes left after a cremation, and I was trying to be unobtrusive and sly and not get arrested...there are huge fines, New York is strict about it,...and court stuff involved if caught..and I tried to sprinle them about , (I had put a small hole in the plastic bag they were in) but I wound up making obvious small piles of mom's ashes around the grave, which was very close to a place where people commonly walked, and they would be noticable, which may result in both my arrest, a fine, and mom's ashes removed. Blush
And I was also finding the whole thing a little comical, which caused me to get a little silly and to start to laugh. So I tried to smear them into the grass, which resulted in mom ashes on my shoes...which made me laugh out loud like a crazy woman in a cemetery and have several people look at me as if I may be a bit dangerous... but I did my best, and then I jumped into the car and drove back to Maine, and shook off the last little bit of mom's ashes under some apple trees here at home. I really wondered if I would get a call over the next few days but I did not...and I still think the whole thing was funny. Sick humor, but I was also defending my mom's right to love and be buried where they both would wish her to be...even if I did get ashes on myself...I think she would have thought it a bit funny too. Angel

You are my new favourite poster for the day.

Heatheness,

Yes, I like the idea of mixing them in with the soil much better. I think I will seriously explore this, look into the state regulations and such. When/if I get a proposal together I will do a "Go-Fund-Me for start-up funds.

That would be cool to do on a farm but wouldn't you need to protect the land from being sold off and used for something else when you are no longer able to care for it?