Memory Foam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2015, 05:36 PM
RE: Memory Foam
(18-01-2015 04:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  What you sleep well on is a personal thing. That's why they make these really expensive beds where you can adjust firmness etc. individually for each side. Couples can each be comfy.

Yeah a friend got a sleep number bed...long time ago when the bionic woman was hawking them on commercials.

But it's sinking or misshapen in the middle. She sang the praises in the beginning, now not so much.

She said its still comfortable to sleep on, but it doesn't look nice when it's made.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2015, 10:23 PM
(18-01-2015 04:41 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I must be weird. I find memory foam about the most uncomfortable thing ever. I get better sleep on a bale of hay. Jesus style.

Then I'm weird too. I felt so horrible the next morning after sleeping on a memory foam, my whole body ached. I'd rather sleep on the floor. Actually, sometimes when I take an afternoon nap I'll put a pillow on the floor and fall asleep on the front room floor.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-01-2015, 07:38 AM
(18-01-2015 10:23 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(18-01-2015 04:41 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I must be weird. I find memory foam about the most uncomfortable thing ever. I get better sleep on a bale of hay. Jesus style.

Then I'm weird too. I felt so horrible the next morning after sleeping on a memory foam, my whole body ached. I'd rather sleep on the floor. Actually, sometimes when I take an afternoon nap I'll put a pillow on the floor and fall asleep on the front room floor.

I can't stand the feeling of the thick memory foam mattresses but the thinner pads placed on top of a firm mattress are great.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
19-01-2015, 08:21 AM
(17-01-2015 06:29 PM)Free Wrote:  OMG!

We just put it on top of our mattress.

zzZZZZZzzzzZZZZZz

I graduated to temperpedic beds a few years ago....so hard to go back to anything else once you are used to being able to sleep, and not have pressure smashing your shoulders into your torso. I had duty yesterday, and had to sleep on the duty rack (bed) and it felt like sleeping on a board in comparison...every night, without exception, as my wife and I slide into bed, we sigh with pleasure and say, "I love this bed". I did memory foam toppers for years, even on the ship, makes a huge difference. Enjoy!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
19-01-2015, 01:38 PM
(17-01-2015 06:43 PM)Free Wrote:  It's like heaven.

Does that mean that you are basing it's existance on only the manual that was translated by a barely literate chinese guy and have never actually slept on it? Smile

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac