Memory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2015, 01:04 PM
RE: Memory
My first memory is the first level of a two story farmhouse my parents rented when I was an infant. On one side was a rectangular living room with a staircase at one end. The other half was the kitchen which had a yellow counter that ended at the fridge with a farm sink in the middle.
I remember helping my mother to make eggs once. I carried two eggs from the fridge and put them up on the counter off of which they rolled and broke, as eggs are wont to do. I remember being upset and crying. My mother gently told me they could be cleaned up and we had more eggs. Then we cleaned them up together.
Next to the fridge was a doorway to a small entry to the house that was tucked under the living room stairs to the second floor. I particularly remember this part of the house because the wooden floor had a trap door which opened to a staircase to the basement. On the wall across from the stairs was my father's work bench where he kept his woodworking tools. My father was a carpenter. My mother was a virgin. I remember the time the wise men came to....Consider wait...
FUCK! Facepalm I got my stories mixed up again. I guess my memory isn't as good at forty one.
I do remember the farmhouse though. I told my mom about the memory when I was sixteen or so. She was shocked that I remembered all that. We only lived there until I was two.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like NoSkyDaddy's post
20-03-2015, 04:44 PM
My memory is so good I remember things that never even happened.

#sigh
[+] 8 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-03-2015, 09:44 PM
I remember...

Hmmm... I can remember from an early age - not sure how early - watching the sunlight on the wall reflected off the pool outside my bedroom window. Used to change endlessly, was fascinating to me...

I vaguely remember crawling...

I remember trying to catch butterflies with my hat when we were on holiday, I was four at the time...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-03-2015, 10:04 PM
The farthest back I seem to be able to remember, are things that happened from when I was between 3 1/2 and 5.
I remember being in a furniture store with my mother and wondering off, followed by cutting my hand on something and needed stitches. I must have been around 4 then.
I also remember going to what I guess was an estate sale of some sort. I remember it was a little rainy and during the car ride there, my mother light heartedly fussed at my granddad to turn down the speed of the windshield wipers so I wouldn't fall asleep from staring at them. I also remember sitting on my granddads (might have been my dads, pretty sure it was my granddad though) shoulders so I wouldn't have to walk through deep mud. Another thing I remember was looking at a bunch of rugs laid out on tables in a tent and thinking it looked like a giant cookie. I must of been nearly four when all that happened.
I distinctly remember looking at Oreo's in a vending machine at the hospital when my cousin was born. I was 4 1/2 then.
Thinking about it now, I remember a fair amount from when I was four Consider

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo