Men and women

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2016, 10:05 AM
Men and women
So do you guys think men and women are all that different? Do women think differently than men? Do men zero in on stuff more than women. I can multi-task with ease but my husband has to do one thing at a time.

Several years ago I read that the two hemispheres of a woman's brains send more messages back and forth than men's brains which is why women can multi-task and perhaps learn languages easier.

I've had sex while having a laundry list of stuff I need to do on my mind and I've heard other women doing the same thing. Laugh out load

I can be typing stuff on the forum while listening to my husband telling me something important and do both very well. He can't.

What do you guys think.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2016, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2016 11:49 AM by Anjele.)
RE: Men and women
I can seldom just watch a TV show or movie. I also have to be doing something else...sewing, reading, playing an online game, browsing the forum...whatever.

My husband has to be completely focused on whatever he is watching. So much so that if I have something to say or need to leave the room and cross his line of vision I will wait for a commercial.

When doing things around the house I tend to move from one thing to another then back again. I circle around and get everything done...folding laundry, feeding the animals, loading or unloading the dishwasher, etc. Husband does one task at a time and if he is interrupted he moves on to the next thing leaving what he was working on unfinished. We have little unfinished projects all over the house. I just noticed the other day that part of a door jam that was replaced has never been painted...it's been about seven years like that. But he doesn't think I am capable of painting so I will leave it for him to get around to.

Funny though that he used to give me grief over being a list maker. I had lists everywhere. Now the only list I make is a grocery list and that's to remember things that I seldom buy. He has lists everywhere now. Something switched over the years.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
31-07-2016, 11:00 AM
(31-07-2016 10:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I can seldom just watch a TV show or movie. I also have to be doing something else...sewing, reading, playing an online game, browsing the forum...whatever.

My husband has to be completely focused on whatever he is watching. So much so that if I have something to say or need to leave the room and cross his line of vision I will wait for a commercial.

When doing things around the house I tend to move from one thing to another then back again. I circle around and get everything done...folding laundry, feeding the animals, loading or unloading the dishwasher, etc. Husband does one task at a time and if he is interrupted he moves on to the next thing leaving what he was working on unfinished. We have little unfinished projects all over the house. I just noticed the other day that part of a door jam that was replaced has never been painted...it's been about seven years like that. But he doesn't think I am capable of painting so I will leave it for him to get around to.

Funny though that he used to give me grief over being a list maker. I had lists everywhere. Now the only list I make is a grocery list and that's to remember things that I seldom buy. He has lists everywhere now. Something switched over the years.

I'm pretty much the same way. I do several things, going back and forth between the tasks. I can't talk to my husband when he's busy with something because it totally disrupts his concentration. When we're having a conversation if I switch around from topic to topic he gets lost. Also, I can't interrupt his sentences at all, I have to wait until he completely finishes.

When I'm conversing with other women we can quickly switch around on topics and we follow each other quite easily. We can interrupt each other and still have a satisfying, complete conversation. What's going on here?

31-07-2016, 11:08 AM
(31-07-2016 11:00 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 10:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I can seldom just watch a TV show or movie. I also have to be doing something else...sewing, reading, playing an online game, browsing the forum...whatever.

I'm pretty much the same way. I do several things, going back and forth between the tasks. I can't talk to my husband when he's busy with something because it totally disrupts his concentration. When we're having a conversation if I switch around from topic to topic he gets lost. Also, I can't interrupt his sentences at all, I have to wait until he completely finishes.

When I'm conversing with other women we can quickly switch around on topics and we follow each other quite easily. We can interrupt each other and still have a satisfying, complete conversation. What's going on here?

When I go out to the pool I often dock my iPhone...used to be my iPod. I set the music to random. One day he told me, after sitting outside for a while, that my 'random' is too random for him. It makes him crazy that the music I am playing will switch from Motown to rap to alternative to EDM to old school country...his brain just can't take it. Similarly, every time I get in his vehicle I know it's going to be one of two genres of music. Undecided A long car trip with him makes me want to leap out into traffic.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
31-07-2016, 11:09 AM
See, I'm a woman and I don't feel like I can multi-task very well. For example, if I'm doing dishes or something and Rev comes along and starts chatting with me, I'll start fucking up with the dishes. Put clean dishes away in the wrong places, etc. But Rev could probably make a better observation of whether I multi-task well than I could.

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
31-07-2016, 11:23 AM
Yeah, men and women use their brains differently , it's a scientific fact.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
31-07-2016, 11:26 AM
(31-07-2016 11:23 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Yeah, men and women use their brains differently , it's a scientific fact.

I wonder why. Maybe it's from raising children which traditionally was a female role.

31-07-2016, 11:40 AM
(31-07-2016 10:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Husband does one task at a time and if he is interrupted he moves on to the next thing leaving what he was working on unfinished.

I have a nurse friend whose ex-husband said he was going out for cigarettes. He never came back ... for years. When he did she said, "Well, did you remember the cigarettes ? "
Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
31-07-2016, 11:43 AM
I can multi task just fine. Right now, i'm choing gom and lisning to muzak.
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
31-07-2016, 11:44 AM
It's very simple why men and women think differently....

Testosterone.

You can lower a woman's I.Q. 20 points with a couple of injections...........

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post