Men and women

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2016, 10:39 PM
RE: Men and women
(31-07-2016 06:16 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I hope that the time doesn't come when there is no noticeable difference between men and women. I am of an age when feminism was just getting started. We trying to believe thee was no difference between boy babies and girl babies tried to give toy trucks to our girl and dolls to our boy. They rejected their other gender specific toys out of hand. Yes of course our son would hug a doll, but as far as playing 'house' with it, no. I remember our daughter getting up and toddling away when expected to push a toy truck around about the time she was learning to walk. The boys at that age are already making truck sounds as they do so.

I have six brothers, four are half brothers. My mom used to say that my brothers emerged from the womb making car noises. Laugh out load

She wanted a girl in the worst way and after having her sixth son she got desperate and let his hair grow really long like a girls. He hated it and when he was almost four took some scissors and hacked it all off. She was sorry she'd done such a stupid thing but then got pregnant with my sister and all was well.

She always claimed girls were easier to raise than boys, much easier. My brothers were always up to no good but they weren't mean spirited or anything. They were just typical wild and crazy boys.

I like the difference between the sexes. It makes life interesting.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
31-07-2016, 10:42 PM
(31-07-2016 10:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 06:16 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I hope that the time doesn't come when there is no noticeable difference between men and women. I am of an age when feminism was just getting started. We trying to believe thee was no difference between boy babies and girl babies tried to give toy trucks to our girl and dolls to our boy. They rejected their other gender specific toys out of hand. Yes of course our son would hug a doll, but as far as playing 'house' with it, no. I remember our daughter getting up and toddling away when expected to push a toy truck around about the time she was learning to walk. The boys at that age are already making truck sounds as they do so.

I have six brothers, four are half brothers. My mom used to say that my brothers emerged from the womb making car noises. Laugh out load

She wanted a girl in the worst way and after having her sixth son she got desperate and let his hair grow really long like a girls. He hated it and when he was almost four took some scissors and hacked it all off. She was sorry she'd done such a stupid thing but then got pregnant with my sister and all was well.

She always claimed girls were easier to raise than boys, much easier. My brothers were always up to no good but they weren't mean spirited or anything. They were just typical wild and crazy boys.

From the time I first started thinking about having kids I wanted three girls.

Then I had two girls...third pregnancy, I really hoped for another girl. I was actually a little disappointed that I had a boy.

The boy was/is the best. Once the hormones kicked in with the girls...OMG...I would have traded them in for boys without a second thought.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
31-07-2016, 10:51 PM
(31-07-2016 10:05 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I've had sex while having a laundry list of stuff I need to do on my mind and I've heard other women doing the same thing. Laugh out load

You sound like a lot of fun. Just tell me you don't inform your partner what you've put on your honey dew list at the same time. That would just be mean. Adds support for the view that men have to get it up, women just have to show up.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
31-07-2016, 10:59 PM
(31-07-2016 10:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

For a minute there I thought you might be my sister. My mother had three boys. I'm the middle guy in that trio. Then my one and only sister (the poor bastard). Then another trio of boys, everyone of them an attempt at duplicating the daughter trick. It wasn't to be. People don't still have families this size, do they?

You would not believe the difference in expectations between us guys and Cinderella - I mean, my sister. The three of us in the first trio had only one chore which we shared in turn, namely mowing the lawn. So it was seasonal work. Poor Cinderella. She had to help in the kitchen every night, 24/7/365. Well, she did get to sleep at night actually. But the worst part of her existence was cleaning the bathroom. Can you imagine parents requiring the one child who doesn't stand there and aim it in the general direction of the toilet to keep the commode spiffy?

I'll bet you had it better than she did.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
01-08-2016, 12:00 AM
(31-07-2016 10:51 PM)whateverist Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 10:05 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I've had sex while having a laundry list of stuff I need to do on my mind and I've heard other women doing the same thing. Laugh out load

You sound like a lot of fun. Just tell me you don't inform your partner what you've put on your honey dew list at the same time. That would just be mean. Adds support for the view that men have to get it up, women just have to show up.

Yes, but see, I can accomplish my goal even with the laundry list in my head. I'm very talented that way. Thumbsup

Kiss

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
01-08-2016, 12:38 AM
(31-07-2016 10:59 PM)whateverist Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 10:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I have six brothers, four are half brothers. My mom used to say that my brothers emerged from the womb making car noises. Laugh out load

For a minute there I thought you might be my sister. My mother had three boys. I'm the middle guy in that trio. Then my one and only sister (the poor bastard). Then another trio of boys, everyone of them an attempt at duplicating the daughter trick. It wasn't to be. People don't still have families this size, do they?

You would not believe the difference in expectations between us guys and Cinderella - I mean, my sister. The three of us in the first trio had only one chore which we shared in turn, namely mowing the lawn. So it was seasonal work. Poor Cinderella. She had to help in the kitchen every night, 24/7/365. Well, she did get to sleep at night actually. But the worst part of her existence was cleaning the bathroom. Can you imagine parents requiring the one child who doesn't stand there and aim it in the general direction of the toilet to keep the commode spiffy?

I'll bet you had it better than she did.

The first ten years of my life was very rustic. I lived in a cabin in the woods and we had an outhouse for a commode. Though I don't think we ever once calls the outhouse a commode. Laugh out load Laugh out load

Being super clean was impossible under those circumstances, so no, I didn't have many cleaning chores. I finally did when we moved to an actual house with modern conveniences . I did the vacuuming and helped wash dishes.

One time my folks went somewhere for the weekend and while they were gone two of my teenaged brothers decided to bring their motorcycle IN the house to fix the motor in the living room. I was about 10 or so and I kept thinking...."gee, this just isn't right. " Hahaha.

I witnessed so much crazy stuff my brothers did but I never tattled on them. My sister did, but I didn't.

One time when my older brothers were about 17 and 18 my parents gave them some money and told them to take my sister and I to a movie. Well, my brothers looked far and wide in the newspaper and actually found a drive-in movie theatre. So they got two friends of theirs to come along, took the movie money meant for my sister and I and went out and got several bottles of super cheap wine. They put my sister and I in the trunk of the car along with one of their friends (it was a tight squeeze) and drove through drive in gate paying for only three tickets. After we entered, my sister, the friend and myself got out of the trunk to watch the movie. My brothers and their two friends proceeded to get roaring drunk. I have no idea what the movie was. I think I was around 11 at the time and if I could have driven home I would have. Somehow we got home without being killed. God, my brothers were wild.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
01-08-2016, 12:59 AM
I'm not quite sure what kind of brain I've got -- I suspect a one-off experimental model that got a lot of oohs and ahhs at the trade show, but never made it into production. Big Grin

I do have empathy, but I find it hard to express. In general it's a struggle to speak about emotions, but I can write about them just fine. It feels much more natural to systematize, design, and synthesize bits and pieces of information into something bigger.

This particular clump of intracranial stuff and whatnot also seems to be missing the short-term memory module, as I cannot multitask. When I do task-switch I often forget the task I switched from (for instance, walking across a room, spotting something anomalous, and literally forgetting what I was going to do on the other side of the room). I essentially have to use long-term memory as working memory. It takes longer to get the data in there, but once it's in it stays there.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
01-08-2016, 08:52 AM
Joking aside from my first post, I am another one of those one-thought-at-a-time males. If I'm looking for a space in the parking lot, I don't even want people pointing them out (like I'm blind, or something?); it interferes with my searching. Smile

I work with power equipment a fair amount. For instance, if I am using the table saw, my focus is completely on making the cut safely and accurately. I've had to educate my wife and family to not interrupt me when using I'm power equipment. One slip, and it's missing digits, or worse.

If I even crack open a beer, I'm done with power tools for the day. The mindset is already in relaxation mode, no point in asking for trouble.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
01-08-2016, 09:18 AM
Multitasking is not a real thing. Human beings cannot do multiple things at the same time as efficiently as they can focus on one task at a time.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-08-2016, 09:26 AM
(31-07-2016 09:03 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 04:23 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I can both multitask and focus...

At the same time?

Ohmy

Of course not, hence "depending on circumstances." Smile