Men and women

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2016, 02:49 PM
RE: Men and women
(31-07-2016 10:05 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I can be typing stuff on the forum while listening to my husband telling me something important and do both very well. He can't.

What do you guys think.

I think ManlyGirl hasn't heard I've said in years.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2016, 03:03 PM
(12-12-2016 02:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 10:05 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I can be typing stuff on the forum while listening to my husband telling me something important and do both very well. He can't.

What do you guys think.

I think ManlyGirl hasn't heard I've said in years.

She heard, she just didn't bother to listen.

Wah, wah, wah, wah, wah.

Like adults in the old Charlie Brown cartoons.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-12-2016, 03:08 PM
I can multi-task like nobody's business and so can my bf. But when it comes to sex, I tend to just focus on that. I know you said you can think of other things while you're having sex and I think I could definitely do that too, but I just don't want to because my mind is so consumed with other things Angel
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-12-2016, 03:12 PM
(12-12-2016 03:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 02:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think ManlyGirl hasn't heard I've said in years.

She heard, she just didn't bother to listen.

Wah, wah, wah, wah, wah.

Like adults in the old Charlie Brown cartoons.

Yeah that's it! Just like that.

#sigh
12-12-2016, 03:22 PM
(12-12-2016 02:47 PM)whateverist Wrote:  TESTING: 1,2,3 .. Let's see what happens when you necro-post around here.

I'd posted a comment on this thread months ago but never got back to it. So I disagree that you can't multi-task because I disagree with how that's being defined. Multi-tasking does not require simultaneous performance of different tasks, it only requires a loosening of global attention. I don't have to think about nothing else at all except fingering these keys in order to write. In fact it would be pretty hard to write at all if we were focused at that level. Some tasks assume a level of automaticity sufficient to be carried out on auto-pilot so that we can keep our attention elsewhere.

When I started teaching I would fill out three legal pad sized pages of notes on each lesson in fine detail. But the more I taught, the more the parts of each lesson became "chunked" in my mind. I didn't need to detail the sorts of questions I would ask or the language I would use in giving directions. More and more, I only needed to keep in mind the purpose of each activity and the "how-to" took care of itself. Truth is teaching, like parenting, would be absolutely impossible otherwise.

I know what you mean. When I taught physics, I started out and ended just like you have described- lots of detail at first. I still remember the time one of my students missed a class, and asked to see my notes (an hour and 40 minutes of lecture and demonstration). I showed her the three lines of the main points of the overall topic I was going to cover (internal combustion engines in thermodynamics). She had to get notes from a friend. Big Grin

I also taught math- Geometry and Pre-Calculus. I enjoyed that much more. Physics is tough to start with, and teaching it is even tougher.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
12-12-2016, 08:12 PM
(31-07-2016 10:05 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So do you guys think men and women are all that different? Do women think differently than men? Do men zero in on stuff more than women. I can multi-task with ease but my husband has to do one thing at a time.

Several years ago I read that the two hemispheres of a woman's brains send more messages back and forth than men's brains which is why women can multi-task and perhaps learn languages easier.

I've had sex while having a laundry list of stuff I need to do on my mind and I've heard other women doing the same thing. Laugh out load

I can be typing stuff on the forum while listening to my husband telling me something important and do both very well. He can't.

What do you guys think.

I've done the laundry list thing, too, but my husband always seems to notice so maybe I'm not as good at multitasking as I thought. Blush

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 1 user Likes Ohio Sky's post
12-12-2016, 09:28 PM
(12-12-2016 08:12 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 10:05 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So do you guys think men and women are all that different? Do women think differently than men? Do men zero in on stuff more than women. I can multi-task with ease but my husband has to do one thing at a time.

Several years ago I read that the two hemispheres of a woman's brains send more messages back and forth than men's brains which is why women can multi-task and perhaps learn languages easier.

I've had sex while having a laundry list of stuff I need to do on my mind and I've heard other women doing the same thing. Laugh out load

I can be typing stuff on the forum while listening to my husband telling me something important and do both very well. He can't.

What do you guys think.

I've done the laundry list thing, too, but my husband always seems to notice so maybe I'm not as good at multitasking as I thought. Blush

My wife finds she has a better time if she focuses in and doesn't let her mind wonder.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
12-12-2016, 09:29 PM
Men and women
(31-07-2016 04:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 11:26 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I wonder why. Maybe it's from raising children which traditionally was a female role.

It's the in utero testosterone. It structures the brain differently.

And you can tell how much you were exposed to by how long the ring finger is compared to the index finger.

Here's mine.
[Image: b2c86d3df6ce4b7680f5b5257cfdd8ab.jpg]
12-12-2016, 09:38 PM
I'm terrible at multitasking! >.<

It seems that I'm quite male-brained, to the point where my mom says I'm more like a son than a daughter, and some people prefer to call me by male pronouns! O.o My love of cute things and tendency to cry a lot makes me come off as more feminine sometimes, though... and my behaviors and such change around different people.

There may be a tendency for girls to be one way and boys to be another, but I would say it's only a slight correlation once you remove all the social conditioning. Some females are more male-brained and some males are more female-brained. Gender stereotypes is one of the things I hate most. >.<