Men not wanting to get married.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2016, 06:15 AM
RE: Men not wanting to get married.
(15-02-2016 05:52 AM)Nurse Wrote:  And as far as the man getting screwed in the divorce- riiight. You've read my posts, yeh?

Never denied females can get screwed, but most of the time it is men.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2016, 06:42 AM
(14-02-2016 08:36 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well today is valentines day, a day were love is in the air. So me being the large dickhead asshole I want to post something that is not so romantic. Now I thought this is the perfect day to ask, why men don't want to get married.

Now many sources I have read say that men don't want to get married include a list of these reasons:

They will lose respect

They will lose their friends and freedoms

They lose space

and the biggest one, you have a very high chance of losing everything. and by that I mean divorce.

There have also been people trying to find the source of this "problem". Some try to blame feminism, some try to blame this thing called "patriarchy". And to both of you I say ( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)

seriously though both of those people are grounded.

The only problem I have is where is the way to encourage people marriage should just be done with. Be a cohabitant is the best way for everyone.

Agree with everything.

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 1 user Likes OhDannyBoy's post
15-02-2016, 07:53 AM
(14-02-2016 03:21 PM)jabeady Wrote:  The wife and I have been married almost 40 years. If I understand all the folks here who have never been and likely never will be married, she and I are doing it wrong.
You've got a control group to prove that out???

Just suppose you two had never gotten married -- but lived together for 40 years???

Explain exactly, how that would be any different????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-02-2016, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2016 10:21 AM by Dom.)
(15-02-2016 07:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-02-2016 03:21 PM)jabeady Wrote:  The wife and I have been married almost 40 years. If I understand all the folks here who have never been and likely never will be married, she and I are doing it wrong.
You've got a control group to prove that out???

Just suppose you two had never gotten married -- but lived together for 40 years???

Check the law concerning health, taxes and inheritance for that. There is a bitter end waiting. Why do you think gays wanted marriage so badly?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
15-02-2016, 10:31 AM
(15-02-2016 09:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-02-2016 07:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You've got a control group to prove that out???

Check the law concerning health, taxes and inheritance for that. There is a bitter end waiting. Why do you think gays wanted marriage so badly?

They wanted it so bad because they wanted what heterosexuals got. Just because they fought for marriage doesn't make it valid. Marriage is just a way for the government to make money off what, to know you and another person had sex at some point at some time.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-02-2016, 10:43 AM
(15-02-2016 07:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Just suppose you two had never gotten married -- but lived together for 40 years???

First of all, there's the Common Law thing. After a while there's no legal difference. You're big on legalisms, so... And before you argue against, Google "palimoney".

Second, if you do it right, it becomes habit.

Third, some people actually *like* being married to the person they're married to.

Finally, here are two things to bear in mind:
1) Your spouse is exactly the kind of person someone like you would marry;
2) You are exactly the kind of person someone like your spouse would marry.

Hell, even Hitler stayed married until the day he died.
[+] 1 user Likes jabeady's post
15-02-2016, 11:01 AM
(15-02-2016 10:43 AM)jabeady Wrote:  
(15-02-2016 07:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Just suppose you two had never gotten married -- but lived together for 40 years???

First of all, there's the Common Law thing. After a while there's no legal difference. You're big on legalisms, so... And before you argue against, Google "palimoney".

Third, some people actually *like* being married to the person they're married to.

So you still haven't explained how your relationship with your wife would be any different if you had not gotten married 40 years ago. I suggest that it's highly unlikely it would have ANY difference. I'm gonna make a small assumption here, and say you love your wife. I rather doubt your feelings would be diminished, or different in any way if you didn't have a piece of paper saying that you were contractually obligated to live with her.................

And...

Hitler was only married for about 40 hours..... I wouldn't hold him up as a paragon of marital bliss....................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
15-02-2016, 11:18 AM
(14-02-2016 03:11 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(14-02-2016 02:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  Marriage is when you make it and what you make it. If you marry someone who will imprison you, it's your own fault. If you have a marriage that's not a partnership, it's your fault.

Well that is if you assume that people won't change during marriage

People always change. Although I've never had a relationship last longer than six years, I think that the art of making a relationship work is the art of changing in harmony with each other, rather than growing apart.
15-02-2016, 11:45 AM
(15-02-2016 10:43 AM)jabeady Wrote:  

Not every jurisdiction recognizes common law marriage.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Personally, I love being married. My wife got much more into the bedroom activities after the ring was on (FU christianity for screwing up our pre-marital sex life). I also love having the company since I am not the most sociable person in the world. That is also ignoring the awesome children we have made together and they are the epitome of cuteness IMHO.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 5 users Like The Organic Chemist's post