Men's Equivalent to Women Getting Flowers?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Question Men's Equivalent to Women Getting Flowers?
Hey!
I want to do something nice for my boyfriend ‘just because’ this afternoon and am looking for some ideas! Men’s go-to for that is usually to bring home flowers—is there something for men that’s equivalent to that? I’d get beer or something but my boyfriend doesn’t drink. And he works for an electronics company and can get really good deals on anything electronic so buying him things like that doesn’t really work since he’s able to get those things for way cheaper.
(Also, side note: Doing something sexual won’t really have the desired result because I do all kinds of things for him in that area on a very regular basis so it won’t really stand out as something special.)
Appreciate any and all advice! Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2014, 12:07 PM
RE: Men's Equivalent to Women Getting Flowers?
Delicious new food experiences always get me.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
30-07-2014, 12:12 PM
Since you nixed sexual, does he have a hobby you can help support? As far as I know guys do not get the just because gift thing unless it is attached to an interest or need. I'm a guy. My wife has brought me just because stuff before and it was kind of a let down for her. Now the times she picked me up something for a hobby of mine or something I was in need of it went over really well, even if it was really small.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
30-07-2014, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2014 12:17 PM by Adrianime.)
If it were me,

Food, videogames (only if you know of games he wants), take me to a movie I want to see. Anime DVD of a miyazaki film (i.e. stuff he is really into).

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
30-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys! He's been golfing lately so maybe I'll get him something to do with golf like a golf shirt or something?
He plays league of legends too so maybe a League gift card.
Thanks again!!!
30-07-2014, 12:20 PM
I really love rare orchids... But I'm not sure that goes for all guys.

The hobby thing was a good idea. However, I had an ex that would buy me "just because" things based on my hobbies. I ended up with either crappier versions of things I would have bought on my own, or things I would never use.

For example, I got some really cool looking guitar picks, when I always finger pick. "Errrmmm thanks babe!"
[+] 6 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
30-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Haha. Okay, Cosmos, is there anything in particular that you would recommend (not necessarily a gift) that I could do to just make him feel extra appreciated/loved?
30-07-2014, 12:23 PM
(30-07-2014 12:16 PM)QueenTit Wrote:  Thanks guys! He's been golfing lately so maybe I'll get him something to do with golf like a golf shirt or something?
He plays league of legends too so maybe a League gift card.
Thanks again!!!

You do not need to spend that much. Find out what kind of golf balls he likes and pick up a sleeve "just because". or tees, or markers, score pads. Lots of thoughtful inexpensive gifts for golfers
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
30-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Hookers.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-07-2014, 12:28 PM
(30-07-2014 12:22 PM)QueenTit Wrote:  Haha. Okay, Cosmos, is there anything in particular that you would recommend (not necessarily a gift) that I could do to just make him feel extra appreciated/loved?

Oh shit... This is getting too real. I can't handle this kind of pressure.
I was never here.
*backs away slowly*
[+] 3 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post