Men's Equivalent to Women Getting Flowers?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2014, 06:07 AM
RE: Men's Equivalent to Women Getting Flowers?
(30-07-2014 11:53 AM)QueenTit Wrote:  I want to do something nice for my boyfriend ‘just because’ this afternoon and am looking for some ideas! Men’s go-to for that is usually to bring home flowers—is there something for men that’s equivalent to that?

Do you like cooking? You could always cook a meal more elaborate than normal and try to time it for when he gets home. I like this one, personally, because I was the one who cooked for the two of us for so long. Now that our schedules are different, I always love coming home and smelling something I like in the kitchen.

Other than that, if you're looking at just buying something (so it's more similar to buying flowers), I like candy.

Do you two like playing card or board games? If so, are there any you've played at a friend's house that you like but don't own? This one is a bit self-serving, too (assuming you want the game, as well), but it can be a fun, unplanned (for him) night of fun.

Assuming I haven't missed it, let us know what you settled on!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
31-07-2014, 07:37 AM
It used to be that girlfriends rhymed gratitude with Astroglide, but that might have gone mainstream Consider Dirty, dirty mind.

If you know his shirt size and taste in color (black is fine), order him a couple of custom-printed t-shirts with his favorite pictures, memes, symbols... That would make me happy.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
31-07-2014, 07:50 AM
T-shirts are my go-to gift for my boyfriend...

Thanks for the thread, it's useful for me, too! Wink

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
31-07-2014, 07:50 AM
Pay greens fees, for two, to a really nice golf course. (I know. It's the equivalent to some really expensive flowers.)
31-07-2014, 07:58 AM
This is reinforcing my theory that guys want girls to treat them very similarly to how girls want guys to treat them....but since the social role of a "male" is often a provider/chaser, guys are often neglected (but still secretly wish they would get little gifts or be pursued and complimented).

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 5 users Like Adrianime's post
31-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Naked golf. Problem solved.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
31-07-2014, 09:55 AM
(31-07-2014 09:46 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Naked golf. Problem solved.

Fuck that - that sounds cold. I foresee shrinkage. Not what any man wants for a special occasion.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
31-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Not sure where you're living, but in Southern California there would be no shrinkage this summer. In fact, you'll want to apply plenty of sunscreen *liberally*.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
31-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Sounds slippery...

Rainbow Vomit

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
31-07-2014, 12:21 PM
(31-07-2014 07:58 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  This is reinforcing my theory that guys want girls to treat them very similarly to how girls want guys to treat them....but since the social role of a "male" is often a provider/chaser, guys are often neglected (but still secretly wish they would get little gifts or be pursued and complimented).

Both men and women want to be valued by their significant other, but men and women really do not want to be treated the same. I would hazard a guess that most men would prefer their partner participate in an activity with them than get a gift while women would prefer a thoughtful gift, regardless of cost.