Mental Illness- Coping Mechanisms and Advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2017, 08:33 AM
RE: Mental Illness- Coping Mechanisms and Advice
Put your needs first.
It doesn't matter what your family believes.
Seek out help.
It's there. At your school or somewhere.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2017, 12:35 PM
(22-11-2017 08:10 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  You said you were a musician? It helped for me to focus a lot of time on my instrument; getting good at something. It helps your mind coping with self-doubt, feeling that you're worth something.

Yeah, I've spent a lot of time playing music lately because it gives me an escape from reality and an outlet to express myself. I have gotten a little bit better at guitar particularly so I guess that's a plus Thumbsup
22-11-2017, 05:41 PM
(22-11-2017 12:35 PM)404ReligionNotFound Wrote:  
(22-11-2017 08:10 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  You said you were a musician? It helped for me to focus a lot of time on my instrument; getting good at something. It helps your mind coping with self-doubt, feeling that you're worth something.

Yeah, I've spent a lot of time playing music lately because it gives me an escape from reality and an outlet to express myself. I have gotten a little bit better at guitar particularly so I guess that's a plus Thumbsup

Excellent. Creating your own or playing music from other artists is a rush when you pull it off. And if it ever gets a little difficult, remember that music is not a competition; do things the way you want, it needs to be fun first and foremost.

Don't hesitate sending me or someone else a PM. Always nice to talk to another musician.

[Image: x6DEbV5.gif]