Message From A Former Muslim

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2012, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2012 02:53 AM by apostasin.)
RE: Message From A Former Muslim
(21-07-2012 12:34 AM)Internet Mullah Wrote:  No offense to you, apostasin, but how would I know that you were actually a former Muslim and not a Christian, atheist, or something else without showing yourself on Youtube? I mean, there are probably many other youtube videos where a person pretends as if he was a Christian or a Muslim before just to attack that particular religion which he or she falsely claimed to believe in. For example, a Christian might make a video titled "A Message from a Former Atheist" in which he makes up a story about how much of a strong atheist he was at one point, only to go on to talk about how he finally realized that Christianity is the true religion (or something like that) as if that makes his faith any more believable. Would any of you atheists in this forum feel touched by that "former" atheist? I don't think so.

Also, it seemed to me that your video was just creating an appeal to emotion, especially with all those pictures and stuff, and with your personal experiences. I'm not sure if you're doing this just to spread your video and make it more popular or if you're actually interested in showing this to other Muslims. If the latter is your intention, then, in my opinion, I don't think that the Muslims who watch the video will find anything special nor anything motivational about it. I didn't find anything special either. You were only talking about your own feelings and experiences.

I could be wrong about this, but even your accent doesn't sound like you were a Muslim. That's another thing that made me suspicious. But, again, I could be wrong.
YES!!!

TARGET PRACTICE!!! Big Grin

WHERE have you been all NIGHT!? I've been expecting you with the giddy anticipation of a 5 year-old running towards his pile of presents on Christmas day...you know why?

Because this is where I stop playing nice, and start using you as a flint in which to sharpen my steel. Nothing quite keeps my heart pounding and my blood thin like the prospect of finally confronting your kind.

Alright, buddy. Let's dance:

المشكلة، يا صديقي العزيز، انني حاولت أن أكون مسلماً صالحاً طول حياتي المذرية...و على يد أشد و أصرم نوع من الاسلام الوهابي، النوع الذي لا يسمح باي نوع من الشك أو الظن أو التساول تضاد القران، أو الحديث، أو أي فرع من فروع الدين التي لا تضر ولا تنفع باي شكل من الأشكال، من تفسير، لفقه، لتوحيد، و أخرى من الطرائف الواهية التي تركها لنا نبيك محمد. على فكرة: أنا حافظ 16 جزء من قرانك العزيز، و قرات أية الكرسي قبل و بعد كل صلاة، سواء كانت فرض، سنة، أو وتر.

There we go. Now, assuming you're Muslim, you're going to be able to read at least half of the above. Hopefully you've been able to understand it as well.

Now you know I'm not messing around.

You're not obligated to believe me, nor should I be the fortuitous recipient of your hard-earned trust. But I am dead serious when I say that I'm precisely the guy your Quran says you should kill without hesitation, and the one your prophet warned you about. The one who kept asking too many questions. The one who kept nagging incessantly about entertaining a modest measure of logic, the application of which is abhorred, ridiculed and dismissed.

I'm here pal, and I'm here to stay. And I'm here to make sure that Islam's lineage will not be passed on...or at the very least, stifled and thwarted.

"your accent doesn't sound like you were a Muslim."

Just when I thought I heard everything. Hitchens was right...you never do know what to expect.

I was thinking of writing three paragraphs worth of how much baggage that simple statement carries. How much insult it carries towards the millions of American, British, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and countless other Muslims from all walks of life. How hopelessly and inherently incoherent that insult is, because the reader of this statement simply does not know how a Muslim should even sound like. How it carries the implication that one should revoke their Islamo-card because their English is perhaps not broken enough...not foreign enough. How you should just threw a steaming glob of manure in the face of Islam's call for "unity" and "peace" by poorly articulating such a putrid, violent testament to division and intolerance.

But no...I'll resort to the time-tested internet tradition of invoking the following fantastic quote from Billy Madison's principal, albeit with a few slight modifications:

Mr. Mullah, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may Allah have mercy on your soul.

Ah yes! And lest I forget:

Didn't that prophet of yours teach you to say "Masha'Allah"? Wink

How Islamic of you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like apostasin's post
21-07-2012, 03:05 AM
(21-07-2012 02:48 AM)apostasin Wrote:  
(21-07-2012 12:34 AM)Internet Mullah Wrote:  No offense to you, apostasin, but how would I know that you were actually a former Muslim and not a Christian, atheist, or something else without showing yourself on Youtube? I mean, there are probably many other youtube videos where a person pretends as if he was a Christian or a Muslim before just to attack that particular religion which he or she falsely claimed to believe in. For example, a Christian might make a video titled "A Message from a Former Atheist" in which he makes up a story about how much of a strong atheist he was at one point, only to go on to talk about how he finally realized that Christianity is the true religion (or something like that) as if that makes his faith any more believable. Would any of you atheists in this forum feel touched by that "former" atheist? I don't think so.

Also, it seemed to me that your video was just creating an appeal to emotion, especially with all those pictures and stuff, and with your personal experiences. I'm not sure if you're doing this just to spread your video and make it more popular or if you're actually interested in showing this to other Muslims. If the latter is your intention, then, in my opinion, I don't think that the Muslims who watch the video will find anything special nor anything motivational about it. I didn't find anything special either. You were only talking about your own feelings and experiences.

I could be wrong about this, but even your accent doesn't sound like you were a Muslim. That's another thing that made me suspicious. But, again, I could be wrong.
YES!!!

WHERE have you been all NIGHT!? I've been expecting you with the giddy anticipation of a 5 year-old running towards his pile of presents on Christmas day...you know why?

Because this is where I stop playing nice, and start using you as a flint in which to sharpen my steel. Nothing quite keeps my heart pounding and my blood thin like the prospect of finally confronting your kind.

المشكلة، يا صديقي العزيز، انني حاولت أن أكون مسلماً صالحاً طول حياتي المذرية...و على يد أشد و أصرم نوع من الاسلام الوهابي، النوع الذي لا يسمح باي نوع من الشك أو الظن أو التساول تضاد القران، أو الحديث، أو أي فرع من فروع الدين التي لا تضر ولا تنفع باي شكل من الأشكال، من تفسير، لفقه، لتوحيد، و أخرى من الطرائف الواهية التي تركها لنا نبيك محمد. على فكرة: أنا حافظ 16 جزء من قرانك العزيز، و قرات أية الكرسي قبل و بعد كل صلاة، سواء كانت فرض، سنة، أو وتر.

There we go. Now, assuming you're Muslim, you're going to be able to read at least half of the above. Hopefully you've been able to understand it as well.

You're not obligated to believe me, nor should I be the fortuitous recipient of your hard-earned trust. But I am dead serious when I say that I'm precisely the guy your Quran says you should kill without hesitation, and the one your prophet warned you about. The one who kept asking too many questions. The one who kept nagging incessantly about entertaining a modest measure of logic, the application of which is abhorred, ridiculed and dismissed.

I'm here pal, and I'm here to stay. And I'm here to make sure that Islam's lineage will not be passed on...or at the very least, stifled and thwarted.

Just when I thought I heard everything. Hitchens was right...you never do know what to expect.

I was thinking of writing three paragraphs worth of how much baggage that simple statement carries. How much insult it carries towards the millions of American, British, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and countless other Muslims from all walks of life. How hopelessly and inherently incoherent that insult is, because the reader of this statement simply does not know how a Muslim should even sound like. How it carries the implication that one should revoke their Islamo-card because their English is perhaps not broken enough...not foreign enough. How you should just threw a steaming glob of manure in the face of Islam's call for "unity" and "peace" by poorly articulating such a putrid, violent testament to division and intolerance.

But no...I'll resort to the time-tested internet tradition of invoking the following fantastic quote from Billy Madison's principal, albeit with a few slight modifications:

Mr. Mullah, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may Allah have mercy on your soul.

How Islamic of you.
I fucking love this guy! He is my type of dude.

I am calling you Sergeant Badass from now on.

Now, listen Sergeant, you are a badass, let no one forget it. You are probably a badass even without being ex Muslim (indeed I think so.) I have been waiting for the two of you to meet and clash....

Popcorn, anyone?

Still waiting to see if your interested in contacting me.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
21-07-2012, 06:04 AM
(21-07-2012 02:48 AM)apostasin Wrote:  

YES!!!

How Islamic of you.
you are articulate, smart and real.....keep 'em coming.....I'm loving it
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2012, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2012 05:35 PM by Internet Mullah.)
Apostasin, you are right. I guess it was stupid of me to make a connection between your accent and your faith. I was just pointing that because that's what came to my mind when I saw the video. I was just doubting you were a Muslim because I thought that most Muslims would not be able to speak English so clearly and speak with an accent such as yours. I didn't say that as an insult, though. That was just my first impression after watching the video. But, yes, like you said, there are Muslims from all walks of life with many different accents. You also wrote in your reply to me in Arabic that you used to be a Wahhabi Muslim, that you were a Hafiz (one who memorized the Quran), and that you used to read the Quran before and after every prayer. I don't know if that is true either, but if it is, then masha'Allah, brother. Wink

I apologize for not thinking that simply expressing my doubts would come out as an insult. Maybe I should have kept it to myself. I thought of not posting here at all, but then I thought that it wouldn't be a big deal if I did. Or maybe I should have worded my post differently. So, I'm sorry if anything that I wrote offended you.
[+] 3 users Like Internet Mullah's post
23-07-2012, 12:58 AM
(22-07-2012 05:19 PM)Internet Mullah Wrote:  Apostasin, you are right. I guess it was stupid of me to make a connection between your accent and your faith. I was just pointing that because that's what came to my mind when I saw the video. I was just doubting you were a Muslim because I thought that most Muslims would not be able to speak English so clearly and speak with an accent such as yours. I didn't say that as an insult, though. That was just my first impression after watching the video. But, yes, like you said, there are Muslims from all walks of life with many different accents. You also wrote in your reply to me in Arabic that you used to be a Wahhabi Muslim, that you were a Hafiz (one who memorized the Quran), and that you used to read the Quran before and after every prayer. I don't know if that is true either, but if it is, then masha'Allah, brother. Wink

I apologize for not thinking that simply expressing my doubts would come out as an insult. Maybe I should have kept it to myself. I thought of not posting here at all, but then I thought that it wouldn't be a big deal if I did. Or maybe I should have worded my post differently. So, I'm sorry if anything that I wrote offended you.
Mullah,

I have no doubt in my mind that you are a genuinely decent human being. Your posts and your conduct clearly show outstanding compassion, understanding, and a willingness to communicate. These are the very qualities that the better parts of Islam imbue and promote; qualities you should continue to uphold, and ones that will definitely help you in your quest to discuss Islam under a positive light.

I wish you the absolute best, and hope that your choice to lead a life of Islamic values and tradition gives you purpose, drive and a desire to leave the world a better place.

We are going to disagree on some fundamental things...but don't forget: we may have very well did tawaf together on the same night, and under those circumstances we were undoubtedly brothers in Islam, ready to give each other a helping hand if either of us got tired, without a moment's hesitation.

Doesn't mean we still can't Smile

Tell you what: If I turn out to be wrong, you'll be the first guy I turn to, so you can vouch for me in order to gain the prophet's shafa'a Wink

I hope that one day I will have the honor of meeting you in person, and under circumstances that will allow for both of our opinions to flourish without any threat to either of our lives or the lives of the ones we hold dear.

صيام مقبول إنشاءالله Smile
[+] 3 users Like apostasin's post
24-07-2012, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2012 11:36 AM by Internet Mullah.)
Thank you, apostasin. I appreciate the candidness of your judgement of me. I guess that there are many things that I can learn from you while, at the same time, there are also many things that you can learn from me as well. My experience with apostastes who were a Muslim is quite limited since I haven't met a lot. I did meet a couple of them over the years, and I had the pleasure of being able to calmly discuss with them certain things that I found of interest about Islam and related issues. Hopefully, and insha'Allah, we can do the same sooner or later.

I am not a kind of person who will insult, back away, nor dislike you on a personal level no matter how strongly I disagree with you. So, feel free to share your opinions with me and/or ask me questions whenever you feel like it. There is already an "Ask a Muslim" thread stuck at the top where I responded to many different questions and arguments from other members in this forum. It was interesting. However, I had to take a break from the forum for a while due to certain unpredictable things that were happening in my real life. I will be back in a few weeks, though. I hope that you will stick around as well. Take care.
24-07-2012, 10:12 AM
The use of the term "apostate" is highly offensive, sir. It implies some sort of moral lapse or weakness, or "evil". The abandonment of delusion is not a moral lapse.

It also implies that your (dumb) god would rather have human beings *say* they believe, (either to themselves, or others), (or else she doesn't *know* they don't believe), when they actually don't. Interesting that your god is both stupid, and in favor of dishonesty.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
24-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Hey hey, Apostasin calls himself that, so he can't be too bothered by it. Let's not be getting on our high horses Wink
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Sorry, Bucky Ball, but I do think that the word "apostate" is highly offensive according to it's definition.

An apostate is "one who has abandoned one's religious faith, a political party, one's principles, or a cause." It doesn't necessarily have to be negative, in my opinion, although it can surely be said or taken in a negative way by some people depending on the way you say this particular word when talking to someone and/or depending on the context of your sentence. Wouldn't you agree?
24-07-2012, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2012 10:53 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(24-07-2012 10:22 AM)Internet Mullah Wrote:  Sorry, Bucky Ball, but I do think that the word "apostate" is highly offensive according to it's definition.

An apostate is "one who has abandoned one's religious faith, a political party, one's principles, or a cause." It doesn't necessarily have to be negative, in my opinion, although it can surely be said or taken in a negative way by some people depending on the way you say this particular word when talking to someone and/or depending on the context of your sentence. Wouldn't you agree?

Agree, as long as everyone understands that moving from a position of faith to one of non-faith is not a moral lapse. However, the term is NEVER used in a neutral sense, it carries with it a negative connotation, and always, and only in a pejorative sense. The fact that the penalty for apostacy is death in many places, would lead me to think he chose the name to bring attention to the barbaric lengths your cult has taken the retribution for honesty, and the fear the thought of leaving that "faith" engenders.

I am surprised that you use the crescent moon in your signature. Aren't you afraid someone will look into the link to that and the moon god "Sin" ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche