Message conversation with a cute christian girl

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Message conversation with a cute christian girl
This is from a free dating site I joined a while back. Quick note - The woman in question is highly religious.

Me: I could be interested in being friends, but I'm an atheist, so it's unlikely that we woud see eye to eye on reality
Her: Yeah, no match, unfortunatly. But I wish you well on here, and no offense, but I will be praying for you as well:-)

Me: Instead of praying for me, I'd rather you do something else. In fact we can both do this for one another. Buy a flower or a potted plant at a store. Something less than $5. Take it home, nurture it for a month, then take it to a childrens hospital for a child to enjoy. Tell that child that this gift is from both of us. Both of us have compassion and empathy for what it's like to be a small child in a hospital. A prayer is nice. Showing someone that you care and took the time to do something, I believe is nicer.

Her: That's so sweet, respectfully, a prayer is so much more valuable for that child. And I can't keep any plant or flower alive, I've tried! But thanks for giving me the idea of praying for children in the hospital, but even more, going to visit them and praying for them while I visit with them. I really think that the Lord spoke through you. So thank you, sincerely. Unfortunately, I can't help but pray for you...and know that my intentions are good.

Me: Most christians believe that everything that happens in the world, happens according to god's will. When you pray, you're asking god to change his mind. You're asking him to change what his plan is for the world. That's what prayer is. Asking a god to change his plan so it will benefit you or someone you know.

When you pray, do you think you are telling god something he doesn't know about ? Are your prayers in fact working against god's plan ?

When it comes to me, you think that my idea is a good one and you think that the lord is working through me, but yet you want to pray for me in hopes that I change my behavior ?

I have no intention of trying to change you. I think you are a good person. As I said from the beginning, I could be interested in being friends.

(Waiting to hear back from her)

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Rahn127's post
07-09-2012, 03:05 PM
RE: Message conversation with a cute christian girl
look for someone you can connect with to start. This is a lost cause.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
07-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Ask her to send naked pictures to cheer up the children in the hospital.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 12 users Like Erxomai's post
07-09-2012, 03:19 PM
(07-09-2012 03:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Ask her to send naked pictures to cheer up the children in the hospital.

I like that idea.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 3 users Like N.E.OhioAtheist's post
07-09-2012, 03:22 PM
(07-09-2012 03:19 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 03:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Ask her to send naked pictures to cheer up the children in the hospital.

I like that idea.

And by children in the hospital, I mean us!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 7 users Like Erxomai's post
07-09-2012, 03:23 PM
(07-09-2012 03:22 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 03:19 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I like that idea.

And by children in the hospital, I mean us!

I like that idea better!

Seriously Rahn, you are kinda being preachy with this one. Cause ain't no way you're going to be friends after this frigid exchange.
[+] 2 users Like rook2004's post
07-09-2012, 03:49 PM
What kind of dating site is this? I ask, because I've been repeatedly burned on the "I'm religious and you're not" front, and have no intention of repeating the burning anymore. I would avoid any dating site that didn't make religion a mandatory and filterable criterion. I dunno, maybe none of them do. But if I ever use a dating site, I would prefer not to begin the process with anyone whom I believe would never accept me as a desirable romantic interest based on my atheism.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
07-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Match.com
It's not religiously based. Lots of filters you can use.
I'm open to women of all backgrounds.
When I saw how over the top religiously that she was on her profile, I had to write to her.
Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
07-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Her reply - rather long

I can't speak for other christians, but I can speak for myself. I do believe that God already knows the outcome of everyone's life and every single situation that has and is to happen here on earth and in the heavens. God, in His great love for us, has given us a free will. We can choose through faith to believe in Him, or choose not to. As a christian that has studied the scriptures, I believe wholeheartedly, that their is a spiritual realm that we can't see. Wars happening all around us that we can't see. Satan is the God of this world, and his evil angels, or demons, are warring against God's Holy angel's. This is where prayer comes into play. Their are so many different reasons that we pray, but it is not as simple as you as non believer thinks. Me praying for you as an atheist, for example, I would be praying to the father, interceding on your behalf, but through the Holy Spirit I have so much power over Satan, that my prayers help in defeating Satan and his demons in the spiritual war that you don't see. Ultimately, the choice is yours, but God loves everyone of us, and wants all of us to believe in Him and have eternal life, so he Will send His angels to fight on your behalf, when I pray for you in the name of His son Jesus Christ. That battle for your soul will continue, the more I pray, the more the Father hears and sends more angels, Satan wants you too, and he is relentless. But there is power in prayer.

I also believe that there are several reasons that things happen, but bad things happen because sin is in the world. Many bad things happen to us, like my recent breakup, because of choices that we make. God works all things out for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose. God also chastises the ones He loves, and one day He will judge us all.

I want to reiterate that it is not God's will for bad things to happen. Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy, but Jesus comes so that we can have life, and have it more abundantly. So all that is good and perfect comes from God, and all that is evil, bad and sad comes from Satan. As Christians it is our benefit from our loving father to ask Him anything we want, any desire of our heart, for those we know, don't know, things we need or not. Living in God's will doesn't happen until you become a christian and surrender your life to Him. Then your perspective on life changes. You die to yourself, you don't live for yourself, you live for Him, and living for Him means living for others, serving others. Being obedient to Him is doing what is God's will for your life, you have to know Him and know his voice in order to do that. Being disobedient to Him and his word is not God's will. So you think that everything is predestined to be and things are what they are so we should just go with it, that is not what the Word of God says, and that's where I get my authority and knowledge. A death sentence doesn't have to be a death sentence...faith

The Lord can work through anyone or anything or situation. He's been teaching me things through a televangelist lately, he used a drug addict to bring me back to Him...You have your beliefs, and I believe that your intentions are good. But I also have my beliefs as a Christian, and my intentions are good as well. It would be against my beliefs not to pray for you, that somehow you would come to know Christ, because to me, that's the greatest gift that I could give. As an atheist, you don't believe in God, so it wouldn't hurt either way, right? So as I said from the beginning, a friendship between me as a christian and you as an atheist would never work, and I have every intention of praying for a change in your heart and mind. I'm sure that you are a good person, and I will continue to pray for you, and thanks to you, I will start going to Children's Mercy and praying for the Children there are well.

It is not God's plan that any should perish, but that all should have everlast

She didn't have this video in her reply, but she said Everlast and I couldn't resist.

She has an entire war between angels and demons going on inside her head.
That has got to be exhausting.

[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
07-09-2012, 06:02 PM

*coughs* I think I'm getting sick.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 2 users Like Question's post