Message conversation with a cute christian girl

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2012, 06:24 PM
RE: Message conversation with a cute christian girl
(07-09-2012 05:52 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Her reply - rather long . . .

Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy, but Jesus comes so that we can have life, and have it more abundantly. So all that is good and perfect comes from God, and all that is evil, bad and sad comes from Satan.

Apparently she's never read Isaiah 45:7:

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (KJV)

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cufflink's post
07-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Rahn's not friend :( Wrote:........Their are so many different reasons that we pray........ But there is power in prayer.......praying for the Children there are well.
Maybe she can pray for better spelling/grammar. Well, since the children are in the hospital, they aren't well, that's why they are in the hospital.

Rahn's not friend :( Wrote:Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy, but Jesus comes so that we can have life, and have it more abundantly. So all that is good and perfect comes from God, and all that is evil, bad and sad comes from Satan.
If satan came from god, and satan is evil, did evil come from god?

[Image: 276253_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Jackie-Chan_1280x1024.jpg]

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Isaiah 45:7 is the only verse in the bible I can quote
For me that says it all right there. Hey Christians "You are worshiping the creator of EVIL"
He says it right here in your own fricken book

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
07-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Maybe it's cos of the font size on my phone but I kept reading Santa rather than Satan!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
08-09-2012, 01:01 AM
(07-09-2012 02:49 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  This is from a free dating site I joined a while back. Quick note - The woman in question is highly religious.

Me: I could be interested in being friends, but I'm an atheist, so it's unlikely that we woud see eye to eye on reality
Her: Yeah, no match, unfortunatly. But I wish you well on here, and no offense, but I will be praying for you as well:-)

Me: Instead of praying for me, I'd rather you do something else. In fact we can both do this for one another. Buy a flower or a potted plant at a store. Something less than $5. Take it home, nurture it for a month, then take it to a childrens hospital for a child to enjoy. Tell that child that this gift is from both of us. Both of us have compassion and empathy for what it's like to be a small child in a hospital. A prayer is nice. Showing someone that you care and took the time to do something, I believe is nicer.

Her: That's so sweet, respectfully, a prayer is so much more valuable for that child. And I can't keep any plant or flower alive, I've tried! But thanks for giving me the idea of praying for children in the hospital, but even more, going to visit them and praying for them while I visit with them. I really think that the Lord spoke through you. So thank you, sincerely. Unfortunately, I can't help but pray for you...and know that my intentions are good.

Me: Most christians believe that everything that happens in the world, happens according to god's will. When you pray, you're asking god to change his mind. You're asking him to change what his plan is for the world. That's what prayer is. Asking a god to change his plan so it will benefit you or someone you know.

When you pray, do you think you are telling god something he doesn't know about ? Are your prayers in fact working against god's plan ?

When it comes to me, you think that my idea is a good one and you think that the lord is working through me, but yet you want to pray for me in hopes that I change my behavior ?

I have no intention of trying to change you. I think you are a good person. As I said from the beginning, I could be interested in being friends.

(Waiting to hear back from her)

lol... where'd you find this catch? Christianmingle.com?

Oh, and I totally lost it at "I really think the Lord spoke through you".

Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself. - Robert Ingersoll
[Image: jVZNc.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like TheDoctorPhil's post
08-09-2012, 03:31 AM
I could never be friends with someone that deluded. No

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
08-09-2012, 04:20 AM
Most Christians are a little crazy, but someone who believes there are invisible wars all around us, and satan makes little children sick, is a special kind of crazy.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 2 users Like Smooshmonster's post
11-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Just a little follow up on this conversation.
I sent her the following a while back and didn't hear back from her so I thought it was all over.

I realize you feel guilty about the recent breakup.
You feel guilty about the choices you made.
That can happen. It hurts a great deal. I know how painful and weak it can make you feel.
I'm not here to change any of that. I can't. But what I can do is help mend the broken parts of you that you feel will never be whole.

I know something about that. I've had my share of tragedy, had my share of broken hearts.
I'm not going to ask you out to dinner or to walk in the park, but if you would like to simply talk. I can do that.

We already both know that you and I are like oil and water, so we don't have to put on any pretenses around each other. We are what we are. We have nothing to hide.

Here is a small bit about my life.
I was raised on a farm. Grew up riding horses all over the country side. I did well in school. Spent some time in the military. Went to college. Fell in love. Two years later she died rather quickly. For the next 20 years, I raised our son as a single parent. I dated here and there. My last relationship lasted 6 yrs. It ended 3 yrs ago.

I still miss her after all this time, but for now, I have to keep moving on with my life.
If you would like to tell me something about your life, I would be glad to listen.

Her reply I just got today.

I intended to write you back in acknowledgement of your sharing your story of loss, pain and sorrow. I'm very sorry for your loss and heartbreak, back then and recently. I experienced the death of my Grandmother and my uncle only last year, but I believed a lie from the devil, and was taking a medication that made me numb. So really, I can't empathize with you. But something great came from it...your son.

I wonder if that is the point where your disbelief in God started. Is it?

My reply

Like millions of people around the world, I've never had a belief in any gods. I've never given much thought to the Jewish god, Mormon god, Allah, any of the Hindu gods nor any of the other gods throughout time like Odin, Zeus, Apollo, Aphrodite.

The death of the woman I loved was extremely sad for me.
You seem to be under the impression that someone loses a belief in god and that's how they become atheist, when just the opposite is true. Every child around the world begins their life as an atheist and then through their family religion, they adopt a belief in whatever god or gods their family has.

If you had been born in Israel, you would be Jewish.
Had you been born in India, you would be Hindu.
Had you been born in Iran, more than likely you would be Muslim.
But you were born in the US where a large majority are Christian.
The place of your birth determined what god you now worship.

Luckily for me, I wasn't raised that way.

(side bar)
I'm being slightly dishonest in saying that every child begins their life as an atheist because I think you really need to have an understanding of something before you can disbelieve it.
But for the purposes of my conversation with her, the language I used delivered the meaning I wanted to convey, which was that children learned a religion.
It doesn't come pre-programed at birth and then at some point you lose it and become an atheist.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
11-09-2012, 02:16 PM
(11-09-2012 02:03 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  (side bar)
I'm being slightly dishonest in saying that every child begins their life as an atheist because I think you really need to have an understanding of something before you can disbelieve it.
But for the purposes of my conversation with her, the language I used delivered the meaning I wanted to convey, which was that children learned a religion.
It doesn't come pre-programed at birth and then at some point you lose it and become an atheist.

Atheism is non-belief, not disbelief.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-09-2012, 02:41 PM
If atheism was simply non-belief or a lacking of belief, then I think you could say that children are atheists under this definition before indoctrination into a religion.
But I contend that to truly be an atheist, you must know about the theism in which you lack the belief in. ( I could be wrong)
Therefore I think disbelief works well within the context of what I wanted to convey, as in I disbelieve, I don't accept the claims that a god or gods exist without evidence.

Non-belief by itself just says that you are lacking something, as if you are missing something that others have.
I guess I just don't see atheism that way. I see it more as a rejection of a claim versus lacking what someone else has.

I shouldn't quibble.

[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post