Message to Athnostic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2010, 02:21 PM

Message to Athnostic
Athnostic, I tried to PM you, but you have PMs disabled. I will be deactivating my account shortly, but here is what I wrote. Best wishes to you and undoubtebly everyone else reading this Smile

Barley

Athnostic,

I am REALLY sorry it took me this long to read your message and reply. I remembered I had invited you to PM me, and that was the last time I logged on to the site. I know it looks like I left you hanging (technically I did, but that was not my intent), so I apologize again.

I had decided not to post on the site anymore, partly because I was too busy, and partly because I felt it was not helping anyone. It's true my main purpose was to learn more about what makes Atheists tick, and I think I accompished that. However, I realized I could not "convert" anyone, so at the very least I could try to show the love of Christ. In the end, belief/disbelief, following/not following, etc. is a personal decision.

Thank you for being so gracious and for your kind words to me. I am sorry your experience turned out the way it did. Maybe one day you will get the proof you seek (and I don't mean when you die Smile).

Thank you,

Barley
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2010, 05:17 PM
RE: Message to Athnostic
Sorry to hear that you're leaving the site, Barley. You might be the only theist we've had here who didn't resort to trolling. You will be missed.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Agreed. I'm sorry to see you go, but at the same time, I can understand your reasons. Still wish you'd stay though.

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
07-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Me, too. I've been wondering about you and athnostic both a lot lately. It's really sad to see you go, Barley, you were the real deal if there ever was one. Tongue Take care!

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2010, 11:19 PM
(07-12-2010 02:21 PM)BarleyMcFlexo Wrote:  It's true my main purpose was to learn more about what makes Atheists tick, and I think I accompished that. However, I realized I could not "convert" anyone, so at the very least I could try to show the love of Christ. In the end, belief/disbelief, following/not following, etc. is a personal decision.

I still don't think that you learned about what makes us tick. I also suspected that you had the intent of converting some of us. You will never convert a true atheist because a true atheist KNOWS the difference between evidence and proof as opposed to belief and dogma.

Not following christianity for me was not a "personal decision," it was my only recourse after learning what I now know. Like I said, you didn't learn about what makes us tick. You never will.

Anyway, have a good life.
Find all posts by this user