Metal Rock

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2012, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2012 06:04 AM by Smooshmonster.)
RE: Metal Rock
(15-01-2012 07:55 PM)Dynastes Wrote:  Is there anyone into death metal? I feel weird being the only one. :/

Oh well, this is one of my favorite songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzXbsN0Mx9k

I love Opeth. ^^

I am into some death metal. Do Sentenced count as death metal? I'm not entirely sure.

Look up "We are but Falling Leaves" and "Vengeance is Mine" if you're interested. I'm too lazy to post a link. Tongue

Oh, I suppose the earlier Theatre of Tragedy albums count as well? I find it a little hard to classify most of the music I listen to. Wikipedia seems to have no problem doing it.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2012, 07:59 AM
(12-12-2011 12:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I've arrived a little late upon the Metallica scene. This seems pretty cool to me, but are there some Metal Mullisha members out there that think this is a bad idea?

Metallica's original lineup reunites at anniversary show
Yeah, the master (Cliff Burton) cannot play at the moment. Sad
But, good Davy is there.
He has written a good part of the first album.
My music, I give a link to my homeforum, HardRock and Metal on FreeThinker, it is Dutch written, but the music say its own story I suppose. Big Grin

Note: To send this message, no trees cut down,
although there are many electrons severely hindered.
All the bits are reused.

Future World

73 Jim .--. . .---- .-. . .- PE1REA
Email, put amsat dot org behind the call
[+] 1 user Likes Jim's post
16-01-2012, 09:47 AM

Marilyn Manson is truly a gifted lyricist. My side job is a record producer/recording engineer. I GEEK out on lyrics and great album production.

Mechanical Animals is a BRILLIANT album...and the lyrics are like Godiva chocolate!

"As hollow as the O in gOd"..... thats such a cool and original line.

He's gotten fat and boring lately, sadly he's made his money and like other bands...when you have a bank account full of $$$ you loose your angst.

I grew up on Maiden! I remember waiting in line to buy Piece of mind...and later Powerslave as a teen. That new movie they did about the Tour with the Airplane is simply amazing! Those guys really GET the whole rock concept of Bringing it to the fans!

In 1977, when i was in 3rd grade...my dad took me to see KISS for my 1st concert. That was Kiss at their peak. WOW what a show.

Nothing really impresses me much these days as the ability to play an instrument is secondary to how 'cute' you are....BUT ...about 6 years ago i discovered Coheed and Cambria...and these guys TAKE me back to my Maiden roots (with a bit of Rush thrown in too). These cats can PLAY and SHREAD if necessary. You will either HATE the singer or LOVE him (much like Geddy of Rush).

Coheed's albums kick ass (except for the last one).

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
16-01-2012, 10:25 AM
(16-01-2012 05:56 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  
(15-01-2012 07:55 PM)Dynastes Wrote:  Is there anyone into death metal? I feel weird being the only one. :/

I love Opeth. ^^

I am into some death metal. Do Sentenced count as death metal? I'm not entirely sure.

Look up "We are but Falling Leaves" and "Vengeance is Mine" if you're interested. I'm too lazy to post a link. Tongue

Oh, I suppose the earlier Theatre of Tragedy albums count as well? I find it a little hard to classify most of the music I listen to. Wikipedia seems to have no problem doing it.

I'm not sure how I would classify it, but I like it. Smile
16-01-2012, 03:29 PM

We've all dealt with them
It's "Beautiful Brainwashed Moron"

Song Lyrics

your beauty is your ignorance
flawed fucking intelligence
covered with skin
breaking thru the static
that's infested my head
with a worn out message
you say i'm taking for granted

i scream
and keep pushing away
this nonsense of a
forsaken faith
why does it matter to you
where i spend eternity?

i'll breath and be shown
all i can never have
never feel
and i'm listening
but i'd like to shut your
mouth baby
put you to sleep

i scream
and keep pushing away
this nonsense of a
forsaken faith
where i spend eternity?

it all started
when i saw you cry
i didnt think that
we would survive
now here i stand
i wanna rip out
whats inside
ahhh baby gonna
rip out whats inside
yeah baby gonna
rip out whats in

i scream
and keep pushing away
this nonsense of a
forsaken faith
where i spend eternity?
21-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Maybe people will be more open to some Dream Theater. Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muiNqF_XJJc

(obviously) I love this song ^_^
[+] 1 user Likes Dynastes's post
23-01-2012, 05:30 AM
@ Denicio

I completely agree with you, I think that Marilin Manson is one of the gifted ones. Mechanical Animals is a great album, it was the first one I got from him and it made me become a fan of him. Very intelligent person, very realistic person, highly gifted in all sorts of musical instruments, as well as lyrics, so a complete musician.

now that you mentioned it, of I go to listen to some MM...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
06-02-2012, 10:12 PM
One of my favorite lessor known metal bands

Band: Byzantine
Song: Receiving End of Murder
Album: Oblivion Beckons (2008)

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Anybody remember these guys fondly? Cool

Saw them live in '86. I tried to catch one of the Bibles they used to throw out to the audience, but sadly I couldn't get close enough. Cool

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
21-02-2012, 11:01 PM
I love Opeth. ^^
I just hope you're not among those who whined about their most recent release. Tongue

I'm probably going to have a lot that I feel the need to post in this or a similar thread. To start with, I'm curious as to how something like this goes here:

Lyrics, if needed

And again.

"Well, the Bible does say God helps those who help themselves."
"Nah, it doesn’t, actually – that’s from one of Aesop’s fables. The Bible says quite the opposite, in fact – many passages of being patient and faithful, and waiting for the Lord to decide if he wishes to assist."