Metaphors for Depression

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: Metaphors for Depression
(14-11-2014 05:34 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I am a person with many tasks, yet I lack the urgency to complete them.

This is how I've been feeling lately. Thought it was a good metaphor to share. Sometimes you just get bogged down, and the smallest tasks just... Don't get done, or get done late, or in a sloppy manner.

My black dog wakes up when I stop pretending and realize that most tasks just ain't worth doing. I can't be bothered. They don't mean dick whether I'm being paid for them or not. Black dog's task is to remind me to keep pretending 'cause he don't get no chow if Girly don't get paid.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2014, 09:31 PM
(14-11-2014 09:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 05:34 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I am a person with many tasks, yet I lack the urgency to complete them.

This is how I've been feeling lately. Thought it was a good metaphor to share. Sometimes you just get bogged down, and the smallest tasks just... Don't get done, or get done late, or in a sloppy manner.

My black dog wakes up when I stop pretending and realize that most tasks just ain't worth doing. I can't be bothered. They don't mean dick whether I'm being paid for them or not. Black dog's task is to remind me to keep pretending 'cause he don't get no chow if Girly don't get paid.

Are you saying the depression is your natural state, and that pulling yourself out of it, going to work, paying bills, running errands, calling that guy about the garage, cooking dinner is pretending? Makes me sad Undecided

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
14-11-2014, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2014 09:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-11-2014 09:31 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Are you saying that going to work, paying bills, running errands, calling that guy about the garage, cooking dinner is pretending?

Yes.

(14-11-2014 09:31 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Makes me sad Undecided

Why so sad? Don't bother me none. If I'm gonna play the game I'm gonna learn the rules so I can, you know, be a player. And it's all just a game. And I can always opt out anytime. Nothing particularly sad about it.

(14-11-2014 09:31 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Are you saying the depression is your natural state?

No. My depression is a deviation from my natural neurological state. Neurotransmitters can be manipulated.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
14-11-2014, 09:52 PM
(14-11-2014 09:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 09:31 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Are you saying that going to work, paying bills, running errands, calling that guy about the garage, cooking dinner is pretending?

Yes.

(14-11-2014 09:31 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Makes me sad Undecided

Why? Don't bother me none. If I'm gonna play the game I'm gonna learn the rules so I can, you know, be a player. And it's all just a game. And I can always opt out anytime. Nothing particularly sad about it.

(14-11-2014 09:31 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Are you saying the depression is your natural state?

No. My depression is a deviation from my natural neurological state. Neurotransmitters can be manipulated.

Nah, I get it. If that's you, then do you babe Wink

Makes me sad for me is what I was getting at I guess. I feel the same way often. Just not sure I got the guts to accept it.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
14-11-2014, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2014 12:08 AM by GirlyMan.)
(14-11-2014 09:52 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Just not sure I got the guts to accept it.

Me neither. When I first came here bemore hooked me up with this viddie. Some people question the intentions and sincerity of the guru but I'm like the fuck that got to do with the message "Drop yourself." Kinda like arguing the existence of Jesus. The fuck the existence or lack of Jesus have to do with The Word. Not a goddam thing.

I am us. And we is me. ... deal with it bitches. Drinking Beverage

14-11-2014, 11:46 PM
(14-11-2014 10:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 09:52 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Just not sure I got the guts to accept it.

Me neither. When I first came here bemore hooked me up with this viddie. Some people question the intentions and sincerity of the guru but I'm like the fuck that got to do with the message "Drop yourself." Kinda like arguing the existence of Jesus. The fuck the existence or lack of Jesus have to do with The Word. Not a goddam thing.

I am us. And we is me. ... bitches. Drinking Beverage

Have you posted videos of him before; because I've seen that or a similar video before and remember it, but not what directed me to it...

My metaphor ideas may be stolen, but it's a matter of what fits.(maybe thats a metaphor itself)

It's like having a song stuck in your head the whole time.. lets say not just any pop song though, more like a song such as Gloomy Sunday.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-11-2014, 12:15 AM

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-11-2014, 12:53 AM
(15-11-2014 12:15 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

That was beautiful Heart Sleepy