Metazoa info

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
05-01-2015, 03:36 PM
RE: Metazoa info
I Heart them so much. Heart I find it so sad they are extinct, I don't know how I feel about cloning one. I love the idea here, but it may open a Pandora's box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vqCCI1ZF7o
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2015, 04:57 PM
^What Pandora's Box?

(04-01-2015 07:20 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Relationships with other animals: It is a predator but has no interspecific relationships.

How does it have no interspecies relationships and what does that mean?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
05-01-2015, 05:04 PM
(05-01-2015 04:57 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  ^What Pandora's Box?

(04-01-2015 07:20 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Relationships with other animals: It is a predator but has no interspecific relationships.

Interspecific means relationships outside of its species(i.e cats and dogs) and some ,may be predetors be their relationships don't go past them just eating the animal.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
05-01-2015, 11:04 PM
(05-01-2015 03:23 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Location: It used to live in the Australian mainland near shrubs

... and in Tasmania where it survived the introduction of dogs by aboriginal people and only became extinct after western invasion.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
06-01-2015, 12:17 AM
(05-01-2015 05:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 04:57 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  ^What Pandora's Box?

Interspecific means relationships outside of its species(i.e cats and dogs) and some ,may be predetors be their relationships don't go past them just eating the animal.

Thought so. Why did the owl get how it interacts with the prey mentioned? Greater effect on the population and behaviour of prey? Easier to catalog an owls consumption of prey? Does an eaten mouse have a greater effect on the local ecosystem than some larval thing the tartigrade is after? (Obviously yes: I'm more asking about scale.)

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
06-01-2015, 02:32 AM
(21-10-2014 03:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I saw an owl once. I was shocked at how small it was.

I guess I expected it be like huge, the owl on Winnie the Pooh or something like that.

Had one of these mofos swoop down for a late night snack one time we were blowing out to wormtown to score some weed.

[Image: SvRhmo9.jpg]

Thing was as big as the front of the car. Was redonkulous.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-01-2015, 03:03 AM
I'll see your owl and raise you a Kori Bustard

[Image: Kori_Bustard-Tanzania.jpg]

If you've ever seen one you know that it's not that distantly related to the dinosaurs.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
06-01-2015, 03:27 AM
Interesting thread Metazoa Zeke Smile Will be checking back here quite often.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-01-2015, 04:17 AM
(06-01-2015 03:03 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  I'll see your owl and raise you a Kori Bustard

If you've ever seen one you know that it's not that distantly related to the dinosaurs.

I'll see your Bustard and raise you one of my local Aves:

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
06-01-2015, 09:22 PM
†Archaeoindris Fontoynontii (requested by Paleophyte)

[Image: Archaeoindris_fontoynonti.jpg]

Size:1.7m

Weight: Either 244.1kg or 160kg

Life expectancy:No data

When it first appeared:No data

Location:It used to live in the forest of Ampasambazimba, Madagascar

Taxonomy:
Class:Mammalia
Clade:Holotheres
Superlegion:Trechnotheria
Legion:Cladotheria
Sublegion:Zatheria
Infralegion:Tribosphenida
Subclass:Theria
Clade:Eutheria
Infraclass:Placentalia
Subcohort:Exafroplacentalia
Magnorder:Boreoeutheria
Superorder:Euarchontoglires
Grandorder:Euarchonta
Mirorder:Primatomorpha
Order:Primates
Suborder:Strepsirrhini
Infraorder:Lemuriformes
Family:†Paleopropithecidae
Genus:†Archaeoindris
Species:†Archaeolndris Fontoyontii

Diet:It is said that due to its teeth structure it mainly eat leaves of the plants of low shrubs

Anatomy:This is said to be one of the largest primates and is the largest of all lemurs. It had a long jaw with robust mandibular symphysis, with sharp, rectangular teeth.

Reproduction:No data

Relationships with other animals:This primate had an unfortunate even with another primate, homo sapiens sapiens, which drove it to extinction in 250 BCE

[Image: Archaeoindris_fontoynonti_667.JPG]

King julian on steriods

Other sources:

http://www.prehistoric-wildlife.com/spec...ndris.html

http://dinosaurs.about.com/od/mesozoicma...indris.htm

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post