Mexico legalizes gay marriage.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2015, 10:11 AM
Mexico legalizes gay marriage.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/15/world/....html?_r=0

Quote:MEXICO CITY — His church turned him away, his family discouraged him from a public fight and the government of the state where he lives vowed it would never happen.

But it did. Hiram Gonzalez married his boyfriend, Severiano Chavez, last year in the northern state of Chihuahua, which, like most Mexican states, technically allows marriage only between a man and a woman.

Mr. Gonzalez and dozens of other gay couples in recent months have, however, found a powerful ally: Mexico’s Supreme Court.

In ruling after ruling, the court has said that state laws restricting marriage to heterosexuals are discriminatory. Though the decisions have been made to little public fanfare, they have had the effect of legalizing gay marriage in Mexico without enshrining it in law.

Mexico is now more progressive then the U.S. Feel proud my fellow Americans! Feel proud of this fact!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
15-06-2015, 10:21 AM
RE: Mexico legalizes gay marriage.
Way to go Mexico!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-06-2015, 11:15 AM
(15-06-2015 10:11 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/15/world/....html?_r=0

Quote:MEXICO CITY — His church turned him away, his family discouraged him from a public fight and the government of the state where he lives vowed it would never happen.

But it did. Hiram Gonzalez married his boyfriend, Severiano Chavez, last year in the northern state of Chihuahua, which, like most Mexican states, technically allows marriage only between a man and a woman.

Mr. Gonzalez and dozens of other gay couples in recent months have, however, found a powerful ally: Mexico’s Supreme Court.

In ruling after ruling, the court has said that state laws restricting marriage to heterosexuals are discriminatory. Though the decisions have been made to little public fanfare, they have had the effect of legalizing gay marriage in Mexico without enshrining it in law.

Mexico is now more progressive then the U.S. Feel proud my fellow Americans! Feel proud of this fact!

Actually this is not really true. By not having it protected by law it is still in a state where a counter-push by conservatives could reverse those decisions. About half of American states have outright declared same sex marriage legal and following the supreme court ruling (provided it follows the route that is seems to be leaning) it would be a constitutionally protected right, which is much more sound legaly speaking than what Mexico currently has.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-06-2015, 12:19 PM
(15-06-2015 11:15 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 10:11 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/15/world/....html?_r=0

Actually this is not really true. By not having it protected by law it is still in a state where a counter-push by conservatives could reverse those decisions. About half of American states have outright declared same sex marriage legal and following the supreme court ruling (provided it follows the route that is seems to be leaning) it would be a constitutionally protected right, which is much more sound legaly speaking than what Mexico currently has.

But come on, the guy had an opportunity to bash America, d'ya expect him to pass that up?
15-06-2015, 01:20 PM
I bet the fucking pope is pissed.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
15-06-2015, 01:46 PM
(15-06-2015 12:19 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 11:15 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Actually this is not really true. By not having it protected by law it is still in a state where a counter-push by conservatives could reverse those decisions. About half of American states have outright declared same sex marriage legal and following the supreme court ruling (provided it follows the route that is seems to be leaning) it would be a constitutionally protected right, which is much more sound legaly speaking than what Mexico currently has.

But come on, the guy had an opportunity to bash America, d'ya expect him to pass that up?

Yeah! Don't ruin my fun by presenting me with a well formulated argument as to why my idea of what's going on is not accurate!

HOW DARE YOU!

[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
15-06-2015, 04:32 PM
Mexico to the south of USA, Canada to the north and most of Europe have legalized same sex marriage. America hopefully will follow. I read Israel is tipping towards same sex marriage too.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Only when the Vatican legalizes gay marriage is when I think we can call in a real victory lol. At least enough of one to constitute an actual celebration!

Think it will ever happen?

15-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Wait what? where the fuck did that come from?
Mexico?? We're talking about the same Mexico right? The highly catholic one..?

What is this world coming too...
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post