Mexico will unleash the drug cartels on the US

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2017, 03:08 PM
OMG!

Quote:the cartels could be essentially unleashed upon the U.S. – retribution for tough policies on Mexico and other immigrant-producing countries in the Latin American world.

https://megynkelly.org/246049/mexican-of...g-cartels/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2017, 03:25 PM
RE: Mexico will unleash the drug cartels on the US
That... seems unlikely. So the author comes to the conclusion that we need to continue on our course? Because Mexico might do something like this if we continue on our course? Because we couldn't risk being seen to capitulate at this point, huh?

In any case, that whole thing seems kind of ridiculous to me, at least on the surface. I doubt that the cartels are really holding back from doing what they can in America anyway. Their goal is to make money, not to create chaos. They only create chaos when it meets their larger goal of making more money, or preventing the possibility of them losing money. Right? Am I missing something?
[+] 6 users Like Emma's post
01-02-2017, 03:33 PM
The wall will make it harder for them to make money so they will be upset at the US.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
01-02-2017, 03:42 PM
After the last election, it seems at least half the country is already out of their minds on drugs anyway. Hobo
Seriously though, I tend to agree that the Cartels wouldn't be holding back in the first place so I don't see this causing much change in drug traffic.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
01-02-2017, 03:42 PM
(01-02-2017 03:33 PM)KUSA Wrote:  The wall will make it harder for them to make money so they will be upset at the US.

Honestly, I'm skeptical that it really will make it all that harder. I am still not convinced that it will do anything beyond being another surface on which Trump can stamp his name.
[+] 4 users Like Emma's post
01-02-2017, 03:43 PM
(01-02-2017 03:33 PM)KUSA Wrote:  The wall will make it harder for them to make money so they will be upset at the US.

Now THAT is hilarious!!! Laugh out load

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”
― Bertrand Russell
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
01-02-2017, 03:51 PM
The Mexican cartels are present from Canada to Australia to Europe to Southeast Asia. They don't give a shit about the wall, and they can't release something onto us that's already here.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 7 users Like yakherder's post
01-02-2017, 04:03 PM
The Mexicans are in the Outback?
01-02-2017, 04:50 PM
One thing's for sure. A bad relationship with Mexico is very bad for America. Considering our past we're very lucky we've been able to get along so well. It's horrifying that suddenly America wants to throw all that goodwill away. I for one am ashamed of how America has been behaving and especially of the idiotic rhetoric from Trump.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
01-02-2017, 04:53 PM
You know what's gonna happen. We're gonna pay the illegal immigrant Mexicans to build the wall and El Paco's gonna tell them where to put the tunnels. Yes

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post