Michio Kaku

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2014, 10:46 PM
Michio Kaku
Anyone else a fan of listening to this guy? He is a lot of fun, I also want to try out a few of his books as they sound really interesting.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Shadow Fox's post
10-10-2014, 11:01 PM
RE: Michio Kaku

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-10-2014, 09:09 AM
When it comes to the standard TV science special minds, I think he's probably the wisest of them all.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-10-2014, 10:12 AM
I thought he'd been under fire lately for doing some intentionally bad science... Arg wish I had time to look for it Hobo

I do enjoy him though, so I hope I'm wrong.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
11-10-2014, 12:52 PM
I like his science programs, he's an interesting guy...

I disagree with his anti-nuclear power stance, but that's irrelevant.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Quote:Michio Kaku is a renowned theoretical physicist, best-selling author, popularizer of science and media personality. He’s the co-founder of string field theory (a branch of string theory). Although once an active physicist, he essentially stopped publishing original research in the early 1990's.[1] Kaku is popular in mainstream media because of his knowledge and his accessible approach to presenting complex subjects in science — as well as his talent for supplying irrational, fear-mongering soundbites. While his technical writings are confined to theoretical physics, his public speaking and media appearances cover a broad range of topics, from the Kardashev scale to more esoteric subjects such as wormholes and time travel.

He also hosts the show Sci Fi Science: Physics of the Impossible (based on his book of the same name) on the Science Channel which debates the likelihood of science fiction tropes coming into reality. In doing so, he displays his ignorance of almost all branches of science outside of physics. He also hosts a public radio show (Exploration) which follows the same lines, with a smattering of geopolitics thrown in.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Michio_Kaku

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.