Michio Kaku explains the Universe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2013, 12:55 AM
Michio Kaku explains the Universe
I love this guy, and it's fun to watch him attempt to explain the universe in 45 minutes.

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-02-2013, 12:24 PM
RE: Michio Kaku explains the Universe
Great stuff.
08-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Michio use to be my favorite physicist, hes a little too obsessed with crazy scifi-like future physics ideas..

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 2 users Like Adenosis's post
08-02-2013, 03:45 PM
I know - he's great - I used to have a crush on him.

Oh wait; I still do! Tongue

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
25-02-2013, 04:39 AM
I love how he's in almost every single scientific documentary. I knew his face long before I knew his name.

Science, logic and how they destroy religious arguments @ http://scepticalprophet.wordpress.com/

To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today.
- Isaac Asimov.
Faith means not wanting to know what is true.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
06-03-2013, 05:46 AM
(25-02-2013 04:39 AM)Sceptical Prophet Wrote:  I love how he's in almost every single scientific documentary. I knew his face long before I knew his name.
He's out to make money. He is a very bright man but I wouldn't put him on the same pedestal as say Alan Guth, Ed Witten, Steve Wienberg or Roger Penrose.

I have forgiven 95 unprovoked insults directed at me in this forum.

My Ignore list:
Girlyman - for stalking me around the forum.
EvolutionKills - for being a mental midget not worthy of my time.
Chas- because he debates with insults instead of facts.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
06-03-2013, 08:48 AM
That.
Was.
Awesome.

I think that he and Brian Greene are my two favourite physicists... well, Steve Hawking is in there too Cool

The reason I like Kaku and Greene is because they work very hard to make physics accessible to the every day person. I, for example, SUCK at math. Suck, suck, suck. So I could never "learn" physics. But I readily understand theories. That's what my brain does. It learns many theories and then synthesises them. I can't do that unless people explain things to me. These guys grant me access to the world of physics by providing me with elegant theories. That's awesome.

As a side note, as a social constructivist, he said two things that made me smile:

Micho Kaku Wrote:[The Standard Model] is the most fundamental basis of reality that we physicists have been able to construct.

Every single physics textbook is wrong.

Dope Cool

Hey, Wood.

Quote:He's out to make money.

People try to use their talents to generate income so they can make a living?!?!?!?!?!?!

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
07-03-2013, 01:51 AM
(06-03-2013 08:48 AM)Ghost Wrote:  That.
Was.
Awesome.

I think that he and Brian Greene are my two favourite physicists... well, Steve Hawking is in there too Cool

The reason I like Kaku and Greene is because they work very hard to make physics accessible to the every day person. I, for example, SUCK at math. Suck, suck, suck. So I could never "learn" physics. But I readily understand theories. That's what my brain does. It learns many theories and then synthesises them. I can't do that unless people explain things to me. These guys grant me access to the world of physics by providing me with elegant theories. That's awesome.

As a side note, as a social constructivist, he said two things that made me smile:

Micho Kaku Wrote:[The Standard Model] is the most fundamental basis of reality that we physicists have been able to construct.

Every single physics textbook is wrong.

People try to use their talents to generate income so they can make a living?!?!?!?!?!?!

Matt

I like Greene too. I've read a couple of his books, The Fabric of the Cosmos and The Hidden Reality. I didn't mean to imply that it was wrong for Kaku to attempt to make money with his knowledge of science and physics. I think it is great that he does. However when it comes to actual brilliance I just don't think he is at the same level as the other guys I listed. He might be and I just don't see it because he is focused more on popularizing and less on content.

I have forgiven 95 unprovoked insults directed at me in this forum.

My Ignore list:
Girlyman - for stalking me around the forum.
EvolutionKills - for being a mental midget not worthy of my time.
Chas- because he debates with insults instead of facts.
07-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Hey, Wood.

A lot of people shit on Greene for that. He's a brilliant physicist and could probably contribute a ton if he focused on figuring shit out. But he uses his immense talents to educate. Both he and Kaku are so good at making complex ideas understandable and with connecting with their audience. Egghead physicists would do well to remind themselves that their work is useless if no one understands it. To those that shit on Greene and Kaku for "only" being educators, I say feel free to suck a dick Cool

Matt