Mick Jagger New Daddy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2016, 11:11 AM
RE: Mick Jagger New Daddy
(09-12-2016 10:38 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 10:09 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What's good for the gander never seems to be good for the goose though. Men, my husband is one of them, nudge each other and with a nod and wink think, he's a lucky man. Reverse the ages and gender and everyone is disgusted. So I figure I'd be disgusted by both.

Also, we need LESS people in the world not more. When I see people having a bunch of kids all I think of is the sound of carbon footprints and that affects all of us.
When ever I see a young woman shackled to an old duffer I don't ever think lucky guy I think poor idiot he's been conned and his relatives including children probably older than the trophy wife are going to lose out. The case of the 89 year old billionare and the Marylyn Munroe look alike wife who herself died shortly after him (can't think of the name off hand) 99% of M to F age disparity is likely to fall into the category of gold digger.

My first husband was 4 years younger than me - he died when he was 29 after 10 years of marriage. My second husband was 23 years older than me - he died in his 80s after 30 years of marriage. Both marriages were good, the second one was excellent. You people shouldn't judge so much. Dodgy The way some people treated us was nothing short of disgusting.

Having kids at such a late age - not a good thing though, kids should have parents that will live for a good while after birth. As far as Mick's kid goes - at least he will be financially well taken care of, and he still has a mom. There are a lot worse fates that that out there.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
09-12-2016, 11:40 AM
(09-12-2016 11:11 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 10:38 AM)adey67 Wrote:  When ever I see a young woman shackled to an old duffer I don't ever think lucky guy I think poor idiot he's been conned and his relatives including children probably older than the trophy wife are going to lose out. The case of the 89 year old billionare and the Marylyn Munroe look alike wife who herself died shortly after him (can't think of the name off hand) 99% of M to F age disparity is likely to fall into the category of gold digger.

My first husband was 4 years younger than me - he died when he was 29 after 10 years of marriage. My second husband was 23 years older than me - he died in his 80s after 30 years of marriage. Both marriages were good, the second one was excellent. You people shouldn't judge so much. Dodgy The way some people treated us was nothing short of disgusting.

Having kids at such a late age - not a good thing though, kids should have parents that will live for a good while after birth. As far as Mick's kid goes - at least he will be financially well taken care of, and he still has a mom. There are a lot worse fates that that out there.

No offence intended to you or your partners Dom and I do acknowledge that there are exceptions and clearly you fit in to those parameters and I'm sorry you had such a bad time with regards judgemental people I'm afraid in my experience you are are a small minority (although I'm happy to receive data which will dispute this, that's the beauty of atheism, you can change your mind admit you are wrong and learn from things without shame.)
Personally I think its rather sad that I and many others are so cynical with regards age disparity relationships but I have to be honest even at the risk of upsetting someone who I admire and respect in saying that there are massive numbers of gold diggers and that they are in the majority. Sad
09-12-2016, 11:50 AM
(09-12-2016 11:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 11:11 AM)Dom Wrote:  My first husband was 4 years younger than me - he died when he was 29 after 10 years of marriage. My second husband was 23 years older than me - he died in his 80s after 30 years of marriage. Both marriages were good, the second one was excellent. You people shouldn't judge so much. Dodgy The way some people treated us was nothing short of disgusting.

No offence intended to you or your partners Dances and I do acknowledge that there are exceptions and clearly you fit in to those parameters and I'm sorry you had such a bad time with regards judgemental people I'm afraid in my experience you are are a small minority (although I'm happy to receive data which will dispute this, that's the beauty of atheism, you can change your mind admit you are wrong and learn from things without shame.)
Personally I think its rather sad that I and many others are so cynical with regards age disparity relationships but I have to be honest even at the risk of upsetting someone who I admire and respect in saying that there are massive numbers of gold diggers and that they are in the majority. Sad

Apparently everyone but the people in these relationships thinks so. Like when I decided to open a bank account for hubby and putting in a good amount of money so he would not have to discuss purchases of higher priced items with me. We went to the bank and when I asked to also sign on the account I got a lot of disgusted looks and bank employees whispering to each other. (Small town bank) When we got around to making the deposit I deposited a check made out to me from one of my clients. The teller's eyes got big -"that check is made out to you!!!" Yeah, stupid, I am the bread winner. Facepalm

When hubby was in the hospital for 6 weeks (in progressive Portland Oregon), they must have asked him a zillion times about elder abuse. We used to joke about it inside the relationship - we bit our tongues lest someone misinterpreted it. During that time I spent much time outside of the hospital catching some fresh air, as did all the other wives with husbands there. Every single one with an age difference of 10 years or more had the same fucking stories.

Nope, you don't get a pass for that prejudice from me. I still have neighbors who think I am living it up on the old man's money now that he's dead. It sucks majorly.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-12-2016, 12:03 PM
(09-12-2016 11:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 11:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  No offence intended to you or your partners Dances and I do acknowledge that there are exceptions and clearly you fit in to those parameters and I'm sorry you had such a bad time with regards judgemental people I'm afraid in my experience you are are a small minority (although I'm happy to receive data which will dispute this, that's the beauty of atheism, you can change your mind admit you are wrong and learn from things without shame.)

Apparently everyone but the people in these relationships thinks so. Like when I decided to open a bank account for hubby and putting in a good amount of money so he would not have to discuss purchases of higher priced items with me. We went to the bank and when I asked to also sign on the account I got a lot of disgusted looks and bank employees whispering to each other. (Small town bank) When we got around to making the deposit I deposited a check made out to me from one of my clients. The teller's eyes got big -"that check is made out to you!!!" Yeah, stupid, I am the bread winner. Facepalm

When hubby was in the hospital for 6 weeks (in progressive Portland Oregon), they must have asked him a zillion times about elder abuse. We used to joke about it inside the relationship - we bit our tongues lest someone misinterpreted it. During that time I spent much time outside of the hospital catching some fresh air, as did all the other wives with husbands there. Every single one with an age difference of 10 years or more had the same fucking stories.

Nope, you don't get a pass for that prejudice from me. I still have neighbors who think I am living it up on the old man's money now that he's dead. It sucks majorly.

Err ok, message received loud and clear prejudice was not intended and I didn't do this just to get a pass for prejudice I really am trying hard to understand. Peace Adey
09-12-2016, 12:09 PM
My husband is 5 years younger than I am but it's not enough to cause any problems. I'm in much better shape than he is and I look younger too. Not that that should matter. But we have a lot of the same experiences in life and remember the same music and news events which binds us together.

When I was 21 I dated a man who was about 18 years older than I was but it was too much of an age difference. We didn't have the same experiences and our time frame of reference didn't sync. I did like old movies and music from the 50's and earlier so we had something in common there but it wasn't enough to keep us together. I think his treatment of women was closer to what my father's was. He clearly expected me to stay home and do the laundry, cook and clean. Nope, not this gal.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-12-2016, 12:25 PM
(09-12-2016 12:03 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 11:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  Apparently everyone but the people in these relationships thinks so. Like when I decided to open a bank account for hubby and putting in a good amount of money so he would not have to discuss purchases of higher priced items with me. We went to the bank and when I asked to also sign on the account I got a lot of disgusted looks and bank employees whispering to each other. (Small town bank) When we got around to making the deposit I deposited a check made out to me from one of my clients. The teller's eyes got big -"that check is made out to you!!!" Yeah, stupid, I am the bread winner. Facepalm

Err ok, message received loud and clear prejudice was not intended and I didn't do this just to get a pass for prejudice I really am trying hard to understand. Peace Adey

Sorry, but you hit one of my pet peeves.

I would have married him if he had been 23 years younger than me, too. Age had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Anyway, no harm done, I have been hearing this for decades. Just hoping you'll keep an open mind towards people you might meet in the future. Thumbsup

09-12-2016, 12:29 PM
(09-12-2016 12:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 12:03 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Err ok, message received loud and clear prejudice was not intended and I didn't do this just to get a pass for prejudice I really am trying hard to understand. Peace Adey

Sorry, but you hit one of my pet peeves.

I would have married him if he had been 23 years younger than me, too. Age had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Anyway, no harm done, I have been hearing this for decades. Just hoping you'll keep an open mind towards people you might meet in the future. Thumbsup

Actually no shit seriously I think it will make a difference in terms of attitude on my part. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
09-12-2016, 12:29 PM
(09-12-2016 12:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My husband is 5 years younger than I am but it's not enough to cause any problems. I'm in much better shape than he is and I look younger too. Not that that should matter. But we have a lot of the same experiences in life and remember the same music and news events which binds us together.

When I was 21 I dated a man who was about 18 years older than I was but it was too much of an age difference. We didn't have the same experiences and our time frame of reference didn't sync. I did like old movies and music from the 50's and earlier so we had something in common there but it wasn't enough to keep us together. I think his treatment of women was closer to what my father's was. He clearly expected me to stay home and do the laundry, cook and clean. Nope, not this gal.

My husband's 7 years younger than me. For many years I dated guys who were 10-25 years older than me. For whatever reason, I've almost never dated somebody within one or two years of my own age. I've gotten disapproval both for dating older and for dating younger. (And of course been considered a slut for dating at all...life as a woman is so much fun :dodgySmile

I'm sorry for Jagger's kid because of the age and ego of the father.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
09-12-2016, 12:30 PM
(09-12-2016 12:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My husband is 5 years younger than I am but it's not enough to cause any problems. I'm in much better shape than he is and I look younger too. Not that that should matter. But we have a lot of the same experiences in life and remember the same music and news events which binds us together.

These things didn't impact our relationship at all. Mine was happy to be a house husband and let me deal with the financial aspects.

Either you fit or you don't - and age has nothing to do with it.

09-12-2016, 03:22 PM
I've dated younger guys in the past, usually just by a few years though. I've also dated guys who were a few years older. In my current rship, my fiance' is a few years older. When I was single, I tended to attract guys in their early twenties for some reason. I'm just not interested in that much of an age difference *for myself.* That said, if other people are okay with rships with larger age differences--then I say more power to them. Thumbsup

The first thing I thought of re: Dance's post was Hugh Hefner and his playmates. I think that does look a lil creepy to me. But then I think of people like Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher when they were a thing--totally not creepy. So I think it is the circumstance--not the rship.