Microchips might be coming back

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2017, 09:30 AM
RE: Microchips might be coming back
The microchips don't bother me, it's the lantern batteries that they install to power them that are a real pita.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2017, 10:34 AM
We microchip every dog that comes into our Rescue.

Of course, dogs are not big on using credit cards..........

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
24-07-2017, 01:46 PM
(24-07-2017 08:56 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(24-07-2017 08:07 AM)mordant Wrote:  It does seem way too invasive just for the convenience or coolness factor.

Um... have you *met* people?

[Image: tato-setan.jpg]
Lol ... not saying there aren't a few people who would be into it or not suspicious of it.

In theory, having some tech woven into my body that could not be tampered with, so that I could pay for stuff with a hand gesture, etc., would be convenient but I'd have to be convinced it was safe on multiple levels.

I recognize that the introduction of the widespread use of personal checks and, later, credit cards was met with resistance because it seemed less concrete than physical money and people initially weren't comfortable with less tangible forms of payment that actually displaced the usage and universiality of cash. But the extra concern here for me is I don't see what actual problem is being solved with this technology, especially given that employers already demand so much fealty from serfs employees and the symbolism here is kind of stunning. At least they don't make you bend over so they can inject it into your butt cheek (or worse).
25-07-2017, 01:36 AM
(24-07-2017 10:34 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  We microchip every dog that comes into our Rescue.

They do that in my wife's beagle rescue too. Think it's standard for animal rescues. I think they ought to do it to everyone who enters an old folks home so Grampa's owners can be identified when he wanders off campus. Better yet, put a GPS in it and have fun watching him wander aimlessly about on a map before you go pick him up.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-07-2017, 08:46 AM
(24-07-2017 01:46 PM)mordant Wrote:  Lol ... not saying there aren't a few people who would be into it or not suspicious of it.

In theory, having some tech woven into my body that could not be tampered with, so that I could pay for stuff with a hand gesture, etc., would be convenient but I'd have to be convinced it was safe on multiple levels.

I recognize that the introduction of the widespread use of personal checks and, later, credit cards was met with resistance because it seemed less concrete than physical money and people initially weren't comfortable with less tangible forms of payment that actually displaced the usage and universiality of cash. But the extra concern here for me is I don't see what actual problem is being solved with this technology, especially given that employers already demand so much fealty from serfs employees and the symbolism here is kind of stunning. At least they don't make you bend over so they can inject it into your butt cheek (or worse).

Oh, I am definitely not putting anything into my temple of a body that wasn't created by the good Lawd himself Rolleyes

I, too, don't see the point. Just meant to say that people would absolutely do it for the "hipness" level. And probably more than you and I would've imagined.But who knows...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
25-07-2017, 09:08 AM
(25-07-2017 01:36 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-07-2017 10:34 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  We microchip every dog that comes into our Rescue.

They do that in my wife's beagle rescue too. Think it's standard for animal rescues. I think they ought to do it to everyone who enters an old folks home so Grampa's owners can be identified when he wanders off campus. Better yet, put a GPS in it and have fun watching him wander aimlessly about on a map before you go pick him up.

It's like watching a bunny wander through the woods. Laugh out load

Sadcryface Oh, now I made myself sad. My granpda is prone to wandering. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
25-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Sorry, Emma!

Like I often say - as if we needed more "proof" there is no god, there is what happens when we grow old. What a way to end our lives, for way too many of us Undecided

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
25-07-2017, 11:54 PM
(24-07-2017 04:41 AM)mordant Wrote:  I doubt anyone here is going to worry about it but it will bring out the crazies fulminating about the Antichrist.

What doesn't?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
26-07-2017, 05:28 AM
Local company* offered RFID chips for security and ease of access to its employees. The ones with the chips can wave a hand at the card-readers and proceed without problems, buy things at the cafeteria without having their wallet handy, get temporary access to restricted areas, etc. It took six months to get all but the most paranoid employees to go for the chips.

*Phamaceutical
26-07-2017, 05:43 AM
Not microchipping for me. Today is voluntary but the day it becomes mandatory , were are officially slaves of the government. I don't mind chips in payment cards , electronics devices etc but inside my body ? NO FREAKING WAY!

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes