Microgreens?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2013, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2013 06:32 PM by GirlyMan.)
Microgreens?
So I underestimated the amount of wheatgrass seeds to soak for my next crop and ended up with extra space in my tray so I threw some mung beans in just for the hell of it. So now I got these mung bean microgreens. When I Wiki it they're apparently used in fine restaurants as a garnish. But they got even more nutritional value than their adult versions so garnish don't seem proper. I know I can juice 'em and throw 'em in salads, but what other ideas you got? Not sure they should be cooked like their adult versions but dunno.

P.S. Kim was right on the wheatgrass. I got 2 harvests out of it and then they kinda just gave up the ghost. Dunno why. I mean my lawn keeps growing indefinitely.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2013, 06:33 PM
RE: Microgreens?
What container type did you grow it in? What growing medium? What lighting? How often did you water it?

It should be able to grow for years if given the proper environment.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-06-2013, 06:44 PM
(19-06-2013 06:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  What container type did you grow it in? What growing medium? What lighting? How often did you water it?

The kit came with something called CocoTek mats. I moved 'em outside after the second harvest and the sun burned 'em pretty good. Watered daily. I've still got it and moved it back inside. Some of it's still green but it looks like my lawn instead of bright green wheatgrass. The kit came with something called Azomite as a fertilizer. Pretty sure this batch is a goner, but for future batches can I just add more Azomite periodically? Was putting it in direct sun (like my lawn likes) my mistake?

Breathing - it's more art than science.
19-06-2013, 08:38 PM
(19-06-2013 06:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 06:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  What container type did you grow it in? What growing medium? What lighting? How often did you water it?

The kit came with something called CocoTek mats. I moved 'em outside after the second harvest and the sun burned 'em pretty good. Watered daily. I've still got it and moved it back inside. Some of it's still green but it looks like my lawn instead of bright green wheatgrass. The kit came with something called Azomite as a fertilizer. Pretty sure this batch is a goner, but for future batches can I just add more Azomite periodically? Was putting it in direct sun (like my lawn likes) my mistake?

Yes, the sun turns it dark green. I don't know anything about the properties of cocotek.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man