Microsoft Is Removing Xbox One DRM

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Microsoft Is Removing Xbox One DRM
I am now slightly, though not completely, satisfied with the Xbox One. Now it just needs to be a hundred dollars cheaper.

"Microsoft will reverse course on their DRM policies for Xbox One, dropping their 24-hour Internet check-in requirement and all restrictions on used games."

Link:
Microsoft is removing Xbox One DRM
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
19-06-2013, 05:01 PM
RE: Microsoft Is Removing Xbox One DRM
I think the damage is done, people are more confident with Sony as a company this year.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 2 users Like Question's post
19-06-2013, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2013 05:24 PM by Free Thought.)
At this point, I am close to thinking Microsoft is being marketing geniuses.

They stir up anger, vitriol and console-elitism with their policies to create an increased interest in the news surrounding their products.

And now, they begin making sudden shifts. That way they have received a lot of free advertising from angry fanboy/girls and anti-xbox/anti-console elitist gaming factions ranting and raving about the initial problems, encouraging other to look into the issues themselves and seeing this sudden course shift, and of course the previously mentioned factions will spread the news far and wide, either praising Microsoft for doing something right, or decrying and mocking Microsoft for running in terror from the back-lash of their terrible decisions.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
19-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Free Thought makes a good point...MS has a history of employing devious marketing strategies/tactics.
19-06-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm still getting a PS4.

Perhaps Ferdy isn't feeling as confident as when she made all the trash talk about how she was gonna beat me on PS4. Perhaps she's looking for a way out. Consider

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
19-06-2013, 05:29 PM
(19-06-2013 05:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  At this point, I am close to thinking Microsoft is being marketing geniuses.

They stir up anger, vitriol and console-elitism with their policies to create an increased interest in the news surrounding their products.

And now, they begin making sudden shifts. That way they have received a lot of free advertising from angry fanboy/girls and anti-xbox/anti-console elitist gaming factions ranting and raving about the initial problems, encouraging other to look into the issues themselves and seeing this sudden course shift, and of course the previously mentioned factions will spread the news far and wide, either praising Microsoft for doing something right, or decrying and mocking Microsoft for running in terror from the back-lash of their terrible decisions.

2 words... New Coke. I swear that was a planned thing. They knew the new product was bad and let the public backlash build up to the point that when they rolled out Coca-Cola Classic they doubled sales.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Yeah but that dam, creepy ass, kinect is still required to be on. Not watching but listening! Always listening!

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
19-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Can i just point out it still requires an internet connection when you are setting it up. Which still fucks over those with shitty or no internet connection.

If they scrap the mandatory kinect too they will get my attention, but no guarantee of my money. As Ps4 is still better, cheaper and i suspect microsoft will re introduce the drm shite at some point along the line when the xbone has sold enough.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
19-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Guess I'm joining the dark side. I'm getting an Xbox One.
19-06-2013, 07:20 PM
[Image: IMG_3918_zps8d70197f.jpg]

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 4 users Like FSM_scot's post