Microsoft Is Removing Xbox One DRM

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: Microsoft Is Removing Xbox One DRM
(19-06-2013 05:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  At this point, I am close to thinking Microsoft is being marketing geniuses.

They stir up anger, vitriol and console-elitism with their policies to create an increased interest in the news surrounding their products.

And now, they begin making sudden shifts. That way they have received a lot of free advertising from angry fanboy/girls and anti-xbox/anti-console elitist gaming factions ranting and raving about the initial problems, encouraging other to look into the issues themselves and seeing this sudden course shift, and of course the previously mentioned factions will spread the news far and wide, either praising Microsoft for doing something right, or decrying and mocking Microsoft for running in terror from the back-lash of their terrible decisions.

[Image: 922692_646007972095174_1878684144_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
19-06-2013, 08:38 PM
(19-06-2013 05:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Perhaps Ferdy isn't feeling as confident as when she made all the trash talk about how she was gonna beat me on PS4. Perhaps she's looking for a way out. Consider

I will shit on you.

Literally.
19-06-2013, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2013 09:26 PM by Hughsie.)
(19-06-2013 08:38 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I will shit on you.

Literally.

Kinky.

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
19-06-2013, 08:54 PM
(19-06-2013 08:36 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'd have to start by buying a computer (as I only own a laptop) plus someone to help me find the best parts and assemble it (Yes i know its not that hard but I would be very concerned of ruining parts by trying myself.) When I can just buy a console for what....500 dollars and be done with it.

But hey if you want to come and build me a gaming computer to prove me wrong I'm in. Tongue

Inflation adjusted I think the cheapest consoles were around $300 at launch. Of course, the most expensive were much, much more...

Without the experience and without having the process already rolling it's a more difficult proposition. That is (and always has been) the big selling point for any console: simplicity.

Oh, I'd take the job ($500 would be easy, if you count the parts I have lying around here from my own most recent rebuild)! But only so long as it includes transportation fees to - er, wherever you are Big Grin.
19-06-2013, 09:02 PM
I was really hoping we would see physics chips and solid state drives... and my work computer is running more ram than these consoles right now.

Instead we get gimmicky Wii-esq motion sensor crap and it will still take 5 minutes to zone out of a room in Skyrim.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-06-2013, 09:29 PM
(19-06-2013 09:02 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I was really hoping we would see physics chips and solid state drives... and my work computer is running more ram than these consoles right now.

Instead we get gimmicky Wii-esq motion sensor crap and it will still take 5 minutes to zone out of a room in Skyrim.

Don't discount the improvements that did happen.

The PS3 has 512 MB of RAM. The PS4 has 8 GB (of much faster RAM). The 360 has 512 MB of RAM. The XBone has 5 GB for games. That's an order of magnitude. Both are jumping from ~100-200 GFLOPS to ~1-2 TFLOPS. Those figures are hilariously imprecise, but still - that's an order of magnitude.

Yeah, they'll be hopelessly outclassed by 2015's PCs (ever thus!), but it's still about the same kind of performance jump as the previous generation of consoles.
19-06-2013, 09:41 PM
far too expensive? what kind of PC do you want? I made this one with exactly $800 (US dollars) and it's quite good, yeah, it's not the best you can find of course but it plays most games in high settings (except those games that not even the bet console would play in highest settings). Yeah it's more than the $500 for the difference is not that much and you save a lot in games Wink

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
19-06-2013, 09:45 PM
(19-06-2013 09:41 PM)nach_in Wrote:  far too expensive? what kind of PC do you want? I made this one with exactly $800 (US dollars) and it's quite good, yeah, it's not the best you can find of course but it plays most games in high settings (except those games that not even the bet console would play in highest settings). Yeah it's more than the $500 for the difference is not that much and you save a lot in games Wink

Like I said. Feel free to come build me one! Tongue *points to Oregon*
19-06-2013, 09:55 PM
(19-06-2013 09:45 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 09:41 PM)nach_in Wrote:  far too expensive? what kind of PC do you want? I made this one with exactly $800 (US dollars) and it's quite good, yeah, it's not the best you can find of course but it plays most games in high settings (except those games that not even the bet console would play in highest settings). Yeah it's more than the $500 for the difference is not that much and you save a lot in games Wink

Like I said. Feel free to come build me one! Tongue *points to Oregon*

hobbit girl, I'm dissapointed, are you telling me you don't have any geek friend who can help you? and by helping I mean fall into servitude for as long as it takes to build the PC for you and then be tossed away... of course Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
19-06-2013, 10:00 PM
(19-06-2013 09:55 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 09:45 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Like I said. Feel free to come build me one! Tongue *points to Oregon*

hobbit girl, I'm dissapointed, are you telling me you don't have any geek friend who can help you? and by helping I mean fall into servitude for as long as it takes to build the PC for you and then be tossed away... of course Big Grin

Sadly I have no friends locally that game, let own know anything about computers. I is lonely gamer girl. Weeping