Microsoft's rape joke

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Microsoft's rape joke
How was that a rape joke?

To me he was just basically saying... "Just keep playing for a minute, I know you're embarrassed about getting your arse kicked in front of a crowd of hardcore gamers, but I need a second player to demonstrate the gameplay... It won't take long."

Obviously, that's the long winded mouthful way to say it.

To me the actual quote only seems to hint at being a rape joke, if you read it with that in mind.

Obviously the sexist joke at the start was a bit nasty and doesn't help...

But I think some people are reading too much into that... Perhaps deliberately.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2014, 08:52 PM
The real rape is after buying their very obviously technologically inferior system; and then proceeding to be gouged for the privilege to play online... And that's no joke.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
19-08-2014, 09:57 PM
(19-08-2014 08:52 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  The real rape is after buying their very obviously technologically inferior system; and then proceeding to be gouged for the privilege to play online... And that's no joke.

I thought PSN required a subscription now?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
19-08-2014, 10:39 PM
(19-08-2014 09:57 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 08:52 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  The real rape is after buying their very obviously technologically inferior system; and then proceeding to be gouged for the privilege to play online... And that's no joke.

I thought PSN required a subscription now?

I unno, I just bought one when I grabbed the ps4. I did notice that it was cheaper than my xbl which I won't be renewing in October. I've also got more free games than I ever got with xbl... And I have my system set up in a way that allows me to share all digital titles with a good friend. We take turns buying new releases, and both can play simultaneously from our own accounts.

And there's still that very real tech disparity... But even my year old PC would destroy both systems, so its more of a value disparity really.
20-08-2014, 02:44 PM
(19-08-2014 10:39 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 09:57 PM)Sam Wrote:  I thought PSN required a subscription now?

I unno, I just bought one when I grabbed the ps4. I did notice that it was cheaper than my xbl which I won't be renewing in October. I've also got more free games than I ever got with xbl... And I have my system set up in a way that allows me to share all digital titles with a good friend. We take turns buying new releases, and both can play simultaneously from our own accounts.

And there's still that very real tech disparity... But even my year old PC would destroy both systems, so its more of a value disparity really.

I'm still undecided about it...

The Ps4 is cheaper, and seems more geared towards gamers, and I really hate Microsoft for the money grabbing bastard they are... But I've got a few friends on XB Live...

If I can afford it, might try building a gaming PC.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
20-08-2014, 02:54 PM
(20-08-2014 02:44 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 10:39 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I unno, I just bought one when I grabbed the ps4. I did notice that it was cheaper than my xbl which I won't be renewing in October. I've also got more free games than I ever got with xbl... And I have my system set up in a way that allows me to share all digital titles with a good friend. We take turns buying new releases, and both can play simultaneously from our own accounts.

The Ps4 is cheaper, and seems more geared towards gamers, and I really hate Microsoft for the money grabbing bastard they are... But I've got a few friends on XB Live...

You can easily build a decent rig for the cost of a PS4.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-08-2014, 04:25 PM
(20-08-2014 02:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 02:44 PM)Sam Wrote:  I'm still undecided about it...

You can easily build a decent rig for the cost of a PS4.

Seriously? Cause each of my 3 graphics cards cost more than a ps4...
20-08-2014, 04:29 PM
(20-08-2014 02:44 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 10:39 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I unno, I just bought one when I grabbed the ps4. I did notice that it was cheaper than my xbl which I won't be renewing in October. I've also got more free games than I ever got with xbl... And I have my system set up in a way that allows me to share all digital titles with a good friend. We take turns buying new releases, and both can play simultaneously from our own accounts.

Yeah I always had someone to talk to on 360... Now I have literally 2 friends on PSN.

Oh.. Also, best buy had some sale on the PS Gold Wireless headset. Reg $100 CAN, down to $60. Plus free $40 gift card if reserved online and it can be applied to the purchase. Then there was some price match fuckery, and I was able to get it for $15.99+tax ... So now I can talk to my lack of friends.
20-08-2014, 04:54 PM
(20-08-2014 04:25 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 02:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You can easily build a decent rig for the cost of a PS4.

Seriously? Cause each of my 3 graphics cards cost more than a ps4...

I said decent not killer. Easily better than a ps4 as far as graphics and ram go at any rate.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-08-2014, 05:22 PM
I'm not confident you could outperform a PS4 with a $400 built-from-scratch computer. I'm assuming there is some sort of specialization and bulk discount Sony is getting...plus aren't they selling the hardware at a loss?

When I was building my comp, I found that you didn't save money, or you could actually lose money by building a low-end computer, because comp sellers get such a great bulk discount. Mid and high end computers are much cheaper to build yourself than buy though.

I could be wrong though.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.