Microsoft's rape joke

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2013, 11:41 PM
RE: Microsoft's rape joke
There are a million things that could've been equated to. It may have sounded like a rape joke but I'm giving Microsoft a pass because again, it's only a rape joke if you're sensitive enough to see it that way.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jkshrout's post
11-11-2013, 09:23 AM
(23-06-2013 11:41 PM)jkshrout Wrote:  There are a million things that could've been equated to. It may have sounded like a rape joke but I'm giving Microsoft a pass because again, it's only a rape joke if you're sensitive enough to see it that way.

Or perverted enough. I bet this guy would say exactly the same line to a male competitor.

Explicitly articulating my disbelief since 2011
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
11-11-2013, 10:13 AM
This is ridiculous. I have been raped. I do not think rape jokes are funny. Ever. Period.
That being said, I don't really see a rape joke in there...? Where is damn horrific rape joke? People in video games say stuff like that to each other all the time. Don't worry it'll be over soon anyways or whatever. And girls tell guys the play like girls just as often as guys say it to girls. This is just a bunch of crybabies looking for a reason to complain. I think the whole thing is a load of crap.

(07-04-2014 04:48 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  I don't see how my ignorance is hurting anyone or how your facts can help anyone. I can learn more facts but my feelings will not adjust to new facts. I don't see the point in being "scientific".
[+] 1 user Likes LostandInsecure's post
18-11-2013, 07:19 AM
Seems its a lot of backlash nowadays on Microsoft, luckily i only need my PS1 and books. I feel nostalgic for this. Xbox 360, some games are chill Wink

21-11-2013, 06:49 AM
I think it was taken out of proportion just to get more webclicks and get ad revenue. It wasn't that bad, feminists should lighten up, they embarass themselves not picking at small things like this.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoroeau

Please check out my YouTube channel! Thumbsup http://www.youtube.com/user/1ScottUK
21-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Meh. Women who want to game should just shit-talk right back.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
21-11-2013, 12:29 PM
I just can't help but think someone has to be of low intelligence (Or sociopathic) when they find any type of joke funny that applies to cruelty and violence - that does happen to real people on a daily basis.

Oh, never mind. It's not like approximately 1 in 3 women will be sexually assaulted in their life time. Why the fuck would we be offended by a rape joke? Cool
21-11-2013, 12:34 PM
(21-11-2013 06:49 AM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  I think it was taken out of proportion just to get more webclicks and get ad revenue. It wasn't that bad, feminists should lighten up, they embarass themselves not picking at small things like this.

Yup. Exactly. Just chill out, women. Allow the men to take liberties of telling rape jokes because rape isn't real or anything. Just pretend that everything you do is crappy enough for it to be an insult for any guy to "play like a girl". Just shut up "feminists". Let the big mouths be big mouths and cross your legs and smile angelically like a good little girl. Rape? Puh.

*Sigh* I forgot that not only religious men can act like this. Thanks for the lesson, though. Wink