Middle eastern history in 3 minutes, 32 seconds.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2017, 08:54 PM
RE: Middle eastern history in 3 minutes, 32 seconds.
(07-02-2017 08:32 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 06:22 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Jesus Christ Chas its like you're just repeating the words I use now.

Comedy has its place, however that place isn't all places, there are some places comedy should not go.

You have a wife Chas? A mother? A daughter? How about I make a joke about sleeping with them after you find out that I really did sleep with them? If that won't do then how about if I had raped them? Would you still think it were funny then? This situation in the Middle East is like that to me, the suffering of others is not something I take lightly. It is not something I find exceptionally funny.

That was personal and crude and all because you can’t tell when you are watching satire.

“Satire is a genre of literature, and sometimes graphic and performing arts, in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, corporations, government, or society itself into improvement.” Elliot 2004

Your little holier-than-thou outburst of misplaced anger is ironic since your intent to cause emotional suffering is exactly what you are railing against. How self-unaware of you, hypocrite.

Satire
a way of using humor to show that someone or something is foolish, weak, bad, etc. : humor that shows the weaknesses or bad qualities of a person, government, society, etc.

There is nothing humorous about people getting their limbs blown off, of children getting eviscerated, maimed, or slaughtered. I understand the situation in the Middle East full well, and I don't need some damn cartoon to try and present the situation any less than what it should be seen for.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2017, 11:14 PM
(07-02-2017 08:54 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 08:32 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  That was personal and crude and all because you can’t tell when you are watching satire.

“Satire is a genre of literature, and sometimes graphic and performing arts, in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, corporations, government, or society itself into improvement.” Elliot 2004

Your little holier-than-thou outburst of misplaced anger is ironic since your intent to cause emotional suffering is exactly what you are railing against. How self-unaware of you, hypocrite.

Satire
a way of using humor to show that someone or something is foolish, weak, bad, etc. : humor that shows the weaknesses or bad qualities of a person, government, society, etc.

There is nothing humorous about people getting their limbs blown off, of children getting eviscerated, maimed, or slaughtered. I understand the situation in the Middle East full well, and I don't need some damn cartoon to try and present the situation any less than what it should be seen for.

The video is not "presenting the situation", it is satirizing the history.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
07-02-2017, 11:25 PM
(07-02-2017 08:54 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 08:32 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  That was personal and crude and all because you can’t tell when you are watching satire.

Satire

I suppose no cartoons shall ever be made upon the human condition then, such that it is a somber situation indeed. If one were to sully the overwhelming seriousness of tragedy it would not be bearable to greater minds and we all would suffer as fools for the gravity of its remiss misappropriation.

Rolleyes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
07-02-2017, 11:34 PM
Do I need to split this fucking thread?

CW if you don't like a thread don't comment on it.

Don't be a wanker.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-02-2017, 11:45 PM
(07-02-2017 11:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Do I need to split this fucking thread?

Don't be a wanker.

The double standards are strong in this forum

Mom whatever happened to that sort of attitude when people were commenting in my thread even though they clearly disapproved of it?

What about that sort of attitude when ever someone neg reps me because they don't like me for me. Indeed, you have taken away my ability to negatively rep someone. Therefore written communication is the only way I can voice my displeasure. It was your system of oppression of free thought that has brought this unto you, should you ban me for this you will be only reinforcing that oppression.
08-02-2017, 12:07 AM
(07-02-2017 11:45 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 11:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Do I need to split this fucking thread?

Don't be a wanker.

Mom whatever happened to that sort of attitude when people were commenting in my thread even though they clearly disapproved of it?

What about that sort of attitude when ever someone neg reps me because they don't like me for me. Indeed, you have taken away my ability to negatively rep someone. Therefore written communication is the only way I can voice my displeasure. It was your system of oppression of free thought that has brought this unto you, should you ban me for this you will be only reinforcing that oppression.

You're so funny. Simple but funny.

I didn't take away your ability to give rep. You did that to yourself, silly goose.

You led the derail of your own thread and you know it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-02-2017, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2017 12:26 AM by Celestial_Wonder.)
(07-02-2017 11:25 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I suppose no cartoons shall ever be made upon the human condition then, such that it is a somber situation indeed. If one were to sully the overwhelming seriousness of tragedy it would not be bearable to greater minds and we all would suffer as fools for the gravity of its remiss misappropriation.

Rolleyes

No evenheathen please do, make cartoons about the human condition. But there are some lines that should not be crossed. Like genocide for example, fictional genocide like in TeamFourStar DBZA I can find funny because that never happened. Reality though, like say the multiple genocides committed in WWII or the continuing genocide against the Palestinians. I will not be finding that funny.

(08-02-2017 12:07 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 11:45 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  The double standards are strong in this forum

You're so funny. Simple but funny.

I didn't take away your ability to give rep. You did that to yourself, silly goose.

You led the derail of your own thread and you know it.

Did that to myself? By not conforming to the popular opinion of this forum? I'm sorry if I can not be brought down by peer pressure like so many others here seem to be so easily persuaded by it.

I will continue my mission here in this thread. Policing the moral objectivity of others in comments that I find promise in.

08-02-2017, 03:52 AM
(07-02-2017 07:43 PM)Ibelievecoz1dont Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 01:56 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

I fuckin salute you sir! I have just joined this community and that video has summed up my feelings in a matter of minutes. thank you

Ohmy

Hi dad!

Welcome to the forum.

I'll send that 50 bucks next week.

(07-02-2017 08:32 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  “Satire is a genre of literature, and sometimes graphic and performing arts, in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, corporations, government, or society itself into improvement.” Elliot 2004

Exactly.

Satire is a form of freedom.

Look at the reactions to cartoons recently?

Don't be a wanker.

Go on mum, hit him!

[Image: gif-006-box.gif]

Also, CW, is the cartoon inaccurate?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-02-2017, 07:08 AM
undefined
08-02-2017, 12:42 PM
(07-02-2017 11:45 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  

Don't be a wanker.

What about that sort of attitude when ever someone neg reps me because they don't like me for me.

I suggest you actually read the comments in your rep.
You will see that it is largely your behavior that is objectionable.

Quote:Indeed, you have taken away my ability to negatively rep someone. Therefore written communication is the only way I can voice my displeasure. It was your system of oppression of free thought that has brought this unto you, should you ban me for this you will be only reinforcing that oppression.

Oppression of free thought? You theists crack me up.
There are multiple errors in your claim:
  • A faith position is not 'free thought';
  • No one has done anything to your freedom to think. Except your religion.
  • And if you meant 'free speech', you're still here spouting your tripe.

Your perception of persecution is puerile.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post