Middle finger to the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Middle finger to the Bible
Well, hahahahaha. A reviewer of the Jesus Christ Superstar production I did the costumes for was reviewed by the local paper.

"The show's biggest middle finger to the Bible is a wedding scene in which Jesus (Broadway veteran Ernie Lijoi) and Mary Magdalene (Jessica Tidd) exchange vows in a dialogue-free, low lit and understated ceremony."

The reviewer wanted more of the wedding scene though. Can't please everyone.

Anyway, here's the review. And a note about the costumes in the photo. These ARE NOT the costumes they ended up wearing. I had to pull something real quick from the racks for the publicity photos. I was still in the process of dying and sewing fabric when the photos were taken a few weeks ago.

Another note. As you can see our Judas was a black female. She has an amazing voice and Jesus was more akin to the archaeological Jesus.

[Image: 1450102826-jesus.png]

So here's the review. Hubby directed the show by the way. Teehee.

http://www.wweek.com/arts/2016/07/27/jes...ore-women/[/b]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
29-07-2016, 02:34 PM
RE: Middle finger to the Bible
(29-07-2016 02:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Well, hahahahaha. A reviewer of the Jesus Christ Superstar production I did the costumes for was reviewed by the local paper.

"The show's biggest middle finger to the Bible is a wedding scene in which Jesus (Broadway veteran Ernie Lijoi) and Mary Magdalene (Jessica Tidd) exchange vows in a dialogue-free, low lit and understated ceremony."

Anyway, here's the review. And a note about the costumes in the photo. These ARE NOT the costumes they ended up wearing. I had to pull something real quick from the racks for the publicity photos. I was still in the process of dying and sewing fabric when the photos were taken a few weeks ago.

Another note. As you can see our Judas was a black female. She has an amazing voice and Jesus was more akin to the archaeological Jesus.

The white guy in the link looks like a young G W Bush.
29-07-2016, 02:59 PM
RE: Middle finger to the Bible
(29-07-2016 02:34 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 02:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Well, hahahahaha. A reviewer of the Jesus Christ Superstar production I did the costumes for was reviewed by the local paper.

The white guy in the link looks like a young G W Bush.

A little bit. He's gay though, unlike George. What's super funny is that Ernie (a super nice guy) who plays Jesus was at a nude beach last week, sunning himself without a stitch of clothing on when two girls recognized him and ran up to him and gave him a hug. Now the entire cast and crew call him "Naked Jesus". I'm looking for a naked Jesus statue to give him as a joke but I'm not finding one.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.