Might be a long shot, but can you help me find this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2016, 01:40 PM
Might be a long shot, but can you help me find this?
A couple of years ago I saw pictures of a house somewhere in the Alps (I think) in a magazine (can't remember where, when, what). It wasn't just a couple of photos, it was kind of a feature for the house and the family who lived in it.

The magazine might have been old by the time I found it, but I was hoping this feature appeared somewhere else too, maybe even on the internet (Greek journalists and editors tend to "steal" from foreign ones).

Now, this was a traditional-style house in the Alps, there was absolutely nothing modern about it, green all around (there was a picture with the kids running around in the grass, gorgeous scenery), and the inside had a lot of wood with a tall bed in a cozy corner and I also remember a big wooden table with bread and jam (or some kind of pie?) and rustic tableware.

Those are the things I remember from the pictures. The family was all blond and the kids were two little girls.

Has anyone seen anything like it? It was so gorgeous, it feels like I saw it in a dream. I really really want to find those photos again. I've Googled the fuck out of relevant keywords but nothing. There is a chance the photos were from the 70's or 80's.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2016, 01:58 PM
RE: Might be a long shot, but can you help me find this?
Have you tried googling traditional Austrian family house, traditional Swiss Family house, traditional Bavarian family house and traditional Tyrolian family house?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-04-2016, 02:10 PM
(18-04-2016 01:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  Have you tried googling traditional Austrian family house, traditional Swiss Family house, traditional Bavarian family house and traditional Tyrolian family house?

I hadn't but I just tried. There are millions of results for these Sad

And sadly, nothing seems to be even close to what I saw. The photos had an artsy, IKEA-catalogue kind of feeling.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
18-04-2016, 02:37 PM
Well, if you can't narrow down the region by style of house, then it will be very difficult to find anything.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-04-2016, 02:40 PM
(18-04-2016 02:37 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, if you can't narrow down the region by style of house, then it will be very difficult to find anything.

I know Undecided

I'm just hoping someone might have seen it. You know how pretty pictures of houses go around the internet these days.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
18-04-2016, 02:44 PM
That type of pic, old houses in Alpine land, catch my eye as I grew up there. I haven't seen any lately except for these searches I just did...

You need to remember details, what did that bed look like, was it carved, what type of carving, what other furniture, what did the outside of the house look like, were there flowers.... then you can go track things down.

18-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Was it an interior design magazine or travel magazine? Do you remember anything about what kind of magazine it was?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-04-2016, 04:43 PM
(18-04-2016 02:40 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 02:37 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, if you can't narrow down the region by style of house, then it will be very difficult to find anything.

I know Undecided

I'm just hoping someone might have seen it. You know how pretty pictures of houses go around the internet these days.

If you wanna finance it I'll go to Europe and look for it with you. OK?
[+] 3 users Like DerFish's post
18-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Was it a Chalet? They are wooden style homes usually found in the Alps. They look like this.

[Image: 4-Valleys_chalet_rental_nendaz_002-960x360.jpg]

[Image: SWA005-RE-PH-CO-LG.JPG]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Here's a nice little cozy Swiss home. Does this ring a bell?

[Image: article-2434807-184FC67600000578-673_964x603.jpg]

Er....em.....sorry, I couldn't resist. Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post