Might have bitten off more than I can chew here...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2011, 09:34 AM
RE: Might have bitten off more than I can chew here...
(02-05-2011 09:05 AM)ikester7579 Wrote:  I see I just had my first post deleted. So I just proved your no censorship wrong.

Nice try.

Commandment breaking wont help.. I see the logs and there are no deleted posts unless you did it yourself.. And that would show up in the logs as you doing it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2011, 09:37 AM
(02-05-2011 08:32 AM)ikester7579 Wrote:  
(02-05-2011 07:42 AM)Tim_Kiebooms Wrote:  
(02-05-2011 07:30 AM)ikester7579 Wrote:  
(02-05-2011 07:03 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The goal is to find potentially thought provoking conversation on a subject near and dear to our hearts. This thread enables us to support one another and discuss what is going on in the other forum because any encouragement we give to one another on that forum gets censored. This is a place for us to vent out frustrations and discuss ways of reiterating statements previously censored without fear of censorship or tampering.

So explain what makes what you do different from what trolls do?

Trolls are attention seeking people who try to irritate people as much as they can. While a troll would release it's frustration on your forum, we made this thread so it could be done here instead (as stated before).
We had no creationists (or other people who are opposed to our ideas) in our forum to discuss the subjects we handled here. So some of us merely came to your forum to discuss it there instead. People with different visions is what makes discussing interesting, that's what some of us sought in your forum.

Then I guess you would have no problems of me linking to here allowing our members to see just how you guys like them so much. I am sure after reading here and several other loving threads about Christians and creationist they will have a very good idea of what to think that won't line up with what you are trying to push since we showed up. You fool no one, all anyone has to do is read some threads in this forum.

You might fool people at their forums, but here where you post your real thoughts and don't hide behind different names and false world views. People see you for what you are. I find it ironic that you think you can still play the same deception at a forum where your real thoughts are posted all over the place.
I have no problem at all with that. I know we've said harsh and insulting things in here. But i'm also certain the same things would be going on on your forum against us. It would be hypocrite to blame you for it. I also don't hide anything, i still think discussing with people with a different view can be enjoyable even if it's a view I personally detest, I don't detest a person for his belief, it's true that it can be frustrating, but i'm certain it will also be frustrating in a comparable way for you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2011, 09:52 AM
You just accused me or of deleting one of your posts so I decided to put a time limit on the edit feature of 3 minutes. It should allow for enough time to correct a spelling mistake etc..

I don't like being accused of doing something I didn't do.
02-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Did you come here to call us trolls (and become hypocrites), or did you come here to debate?

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
02-05-2011, 11:19 AM
(02-05-2011 10:26 AM)Glaucus Wrote:  Did you come here to call us trolls (and become hypocrites), or did you come here to debate?
I want to debate. Is this the thread that we would debate in?
02-05-2011, 11:38 AM
(02-05-2011 11:19 AM)Spectre Wrote:  
(02-05-2011 10:26 AM)Glaucus Wrote:  Did you come here to call us trolls (and become hypocrites), or did you come here to debate?
I want to debate. Is this the thread that we would debate in?

Head to the "Heavy Stuff" sub forum and find/start a topic of interest.

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
02-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Just to throw in my thoughts on what I said behind your backs. I'm not a fan of name-calling and I honestly, truly try not to say anything about a person's personality. And notice; when discussing face to face, I tried to minimize insults. But I am a human being, and I do get frustrated. Especially when debating topics that are dear to me. But as earlier said here, we used this thread to vent our frustrations so we didn't take it out directly on you. I know, not ideal human behavior, but I believe it to be the most benign way to let the anger out. My apologies that you(all) were offended by what was said.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
02-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Wheeee. I just stumbled on all this. I didn't realize I was missing out on all the fun.

First, I would just like to address Ron's overused quote "Maybe the atheist cannot find God for the same reason a thief cannot find a policeman."

I've discussed this on another forum and it was decided that:

1. A thief knows exactly where the policeman is at all times; his schedule, his habits, his patrol... because it greatly behooves the thief to know everything about the man he is opposing (which could explain why atheists know more about the Bible than theists, since they hypothetically have the most to lose in being a non-believer). While the average citizen knows nothing about the policeman and just assumes that he exists somewhere in the general area.

and 2. The thief/policeman - atheist/god comparison isn't analogous at all and is based on the initial assumption that the atheist is in the wrong.

Other than that, we could all gang up and call you names, but engaging in honest debates with you would do much more damage to your fragile belief structure. So please, follow Spectre and try to out-rationalize the rationalists with forum debates. (I'm not just an atheist like the rest on here, I'm an anti-theist)

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
02-05-2011, 05:14 PM

(02-05-2011 01:38 AM)Spectre Wrote:  
(29-04-2011 12:23 PM)TheSelfishGene Wrote:  
(29-04-2011 12:08 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Ron is a hell of a guy...

Yeah he's one hell of a bitch Big Grin

Crocoduck is from this forum? He kinda got into a trap.
Crocoduck followed us from a webpage on facebook when we posted our link. I don't think he's from here.

Glaucus,

When i first pm'd you I wasn't told that the deleted post was for equivocation, but since you guys were arguing semantics I assumed that was what it was about. Apparently though based on your pm, I was correct.

(30-04-2011 05:16 AM)TheSelfishGene Wrote:  Spectre: I don't view the fossil record as a viable testimony for either side due to the tendency of organisms disappearing and reappearing in the strata.

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\.............._​_
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Still no reason to give up. New, perfectly civil thread opened in the Bible Q&A section. Let's see how do they deal with the Bible morals.
You should of elaborated if you disagreed, I have no problem with dialog.(Not so sure that this is the correct thread, but I'm willing to debate you on the validity of my argument.) My grammar was totally fail there. >.> I must of been in a hurry.

Indeed Spectre, this is the type of tripe we find with those who claim one thing there, but act totally different here. So much for civility...
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2011, 05:19 PM
(02-05-2011 05:14 PM)Ron Wrote:  Indeed Spectre, this is the type of tripe we find with those who claim one thing there, but act totally different here. So much for civility...

We vented our frustrations here to stay civil when actually communicating with you. We're humans, we get angry, and we can't always let it go(especially when it's ongoing). It's sad that you had to read all of that, but if you honestly are holding us to the expectation that we are not allowed to vent to each other when frustrated then you are holding us to the standard of saints.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!