Might have bitten off more than I can chew here...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2011, 07:21 AM
RE: Might have bitten off more than I can chew here...
(29-04-2011 07:18 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Actually maybe stone age is to advanced for religion...wood age? Stick age?
Head-up-friggin-arse age

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
29-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Unscientific and if you try and question Christianity or anything that's not about God you die age.
29-04-2011, 07:59 AM
To be honest...
It's a little disrespectful to say that about the people who lived in that age.
I'm sure they did their best in regard to the information that was available in those days.

I just don't get how a sane thinking person in 2011 can still assume there is some physical value in those point of views.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
29-04-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm surprised you guys haven't picked up on this. Page three, the admin changes a person's worldview from agnostic to atheist because "every answer is pro-evolution, and anti-Bible which is anti-God." And right know, ironically, Glaucus' and my atheism is under suspect. Apparently atheists cannot find meaning in life, and since we have, we cannot be atheists.

And they do allow atheists on the forum, maybe it's just the sudden influx of them that are spooking the mods and causing them to reject some.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
29-04-2011, 08:41 AM
I think morals cannot be explained solely on the basis of biological evolution. The best there I've heard yet comes from the book :'Susan Blackmore The Meme Machine'. According to it morals are a product of meme-gene co-evolution, that is to say: memes changed the environment in which genes are selected in a way that ethics that we have now evolved. Of course it's more complicated than that, that's just the basic idea. But how do you explain that to those who doesn't even accept the biological evolution? :/

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
29-04-2011, 08:55 AM
(29-04-2011 08:41 AM)TheSelfishGene Wrote:  I think morals cannot be explained solely on the basis of biological evolution. The best there I've heard yet comes from the book :'Susan Blackmore The Meme Machine'. According to it morals are a product of meme-gene co-evolution, that is to say: memes changed the environment in which genes are selected in a way that ethics that we have now evolved. Of course it's more complicated than that, that's just the basic idea. But how do you explain that to those who doesn't even accept the biological evolution? :/
God dun did it.

It saves a lot of space in their heads, but is a rather defunct model. Honestly, I find the ever-changing morals of societies to be fascinating. And I'm finding the gap between the atheistic way of thinking and the creationist way of thinking to be very staggering. It doesn't help that they have such mistrust towards atheists either.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
29-04-2011, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2011 10:15 AM by Tim_Kiebooms.)
I like how they constantly ask for proof for every scientific theory you tell while they've got no prove at all for their own ideals. They also keep saying atheists aren't able to discuss things because we stick to science, while it's fully based on logical interpretations of perception. I was starting to think about sending Trainwreck, someone with the ambition of becoming the leader of the atheists, to that forum. I think that will guarantee some interesting discussions or perhaps a flame war who knows. Anyone willing to ask him?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Well his ambitions are truly ... powerful. I have this only one problem with him (her?) : I just cannot understand what he says. Even though English is not my native language I can speak it quite well I think, but what trainwreck writes is like it is in another language. I guess it's my fault of course. His use of language is too neat for me Big Grin

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
29-04-2011, 10:00 AM
I noticed allot that generally the only people doing the talking there are setup as admins or moderators.

http://www.evolutionfairytale.com/forum/...topic=1576
I found that thread interesting. Some intelligent people handed them their asses and they pretend like it didn't happen. It's facepalm material. I'm surprised they left this stuff up. To anyone with a working brain it's so obviously damning to their case.

It funny how many of them got banned and their user titles changed to "troll." It's beyond me how they claim they are secure in their beliefs when they behave like that.

I think this place is a treasure trove! I'm considering running a web scraper over the site to backup it's contents.. Then I can put up a mirror in case they attempt any further censorship.
29-04-2011, 10:01 AM
(29-04-2011 09:37 AM)TheSelfishGene Wrote:  Well his ambitions are truly ... powerful. I have this only one problem with him (her?) : I just cannot understand what he says. Even though English is not my native language I can speak it quite well I think, but what trainwreck writes is like it is in another language. I guess it's my fault of course. His use of language is too neat for me Big Grin

English is my first language and I am in the same boat with you. I do not think it is the language but the message.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2