Might have bitten off more than I can chew here...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2011, 10:22 AM
RE: Might have bitten off more than I can chew here...
(29-04-2011 10:00 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  I noticed allot that generally the only people doing the talking there are setup as admins or moderators.

http://www.evolutionfairytale.com/forum/...topic=1576
I found that thread interesting. Some intelligent people handed them their asses and they pretend like it didn't happen. It's facepalm material. I'm surprised they left this stuff up. To anyone with a working brain it's so obviously damning to their case.
I think they felt secure in their impressive rounds of yelling "nu-uh".

(29-04-2011 10:00 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  It funny how many of them got banned and their user titles changed to "troll." It's beyond me how they claim they are secure in their beliefs when they behave like that.

I think this place is a treasure trove! I'm considering running a web scraper over the site to backup it's contents.. Then I can put up a mirror in case they attempt any further censorship.

Most atheists on the sight are banned at this point, which makes me think it's just a matter of how long until we are banned too. Let's have fun while it lasts Big Grin

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2011, 11:26 AM
(29-04-2011 10:22 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Most atheists on the sight are banned at this point, which makes me think it's just a matter of how long until we are banned too. Let's have fun while it lasts Big Grin

Should we start placing bets? Tongue

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Since I'm posting the most I have a feeling I'll be the first to go.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
29-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Getting banned from such a forum, is something I take as a compliment... And it's only evolution, we haven't even engaged in debate about young/old earth. Maybe because it's even more ridiculous.

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
29-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Never trolled creationist sites before but this could get interesting.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
29-04-2011, 11:49 AM
(29-04-2011 11:42 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Never trolled creationist sites before but this could get interesting.

Sad part is that it's not us who are the real trolls on that forum .Smile

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
[+] 2 users Like TheSelfishGene's post
29-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Ron is a hell of a guy...

29-04-2011, 12:23 PM
(29-04-2011 12:08 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Ron is a hell of a guy...

Yeah he's one hell of a bitch Big Grin

Crocoduck is from this forum? He kinda got into a trap.

29-04-2011, 12:42 PM
He is? Where?

29-04-2011, 01:01 PM
well, the "I get my morals from myself" is quite a fallacy. It is obvious that we do not just make up our morals, they are deeply affected by our environment, nurture, and culture. They are almost 'enforced' on us by our parents/peers. True that Ron is just using reducatio ad absurdum over and over again but I think he kinda got a point.
BTW I have a feeling that I will be the first to be banned.