Might have bitten off more than I can chew here...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2011, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2011 01:11 PM by ashley.hunt60.)
RE: Might have bitten off more than I can chew here...
Oh, I see where. I'm losing track of all the people.

Yeah, that's a tough one he's gotten into. And Ron doesn't seem like the kind of person who would graciously understanding any revising or rewording of beliefsUndecided

And where you lack in quantity you make up for in quality. I'm trying to remain polite. I think I am, though it's hard to tell when you are fighting back claims of being a racist.

EDIT: Yeah, I don't think they'll like that last comment about not citing everything.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2011, 01:39 PM

It's not so much i fell into his trap, but that I argue this quite a bit. Sure, my morals were taught by my parents. But my parents were practically agnostic when i was a child. Sure, society influenced their morals, but in the end, what the hell do people think happened before the bible? If murder were ok, everybody would be dead by now. Obviously, morals have been in place before the creation of the bible.
Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2011, 02:34 PM
(29-04-2011 01:39 PM)Cdf50 Wrote:  It's not so much i fell into his trap, but that I argue this quite a bit. Sure, my morals were taught by my parents. But my parents were practically agnostic when i was a child. Sure, society influenced their morals, but in the end, what the hell do people think happened before the bible? If murder were ok, everybody would be dead by now. Obviously, morals have been in place before the creation of the bible.

I think that anything sort of proposing absolute morality coming from a higher power would have evoked the same response from Ron. It just sucks for you because Ron doesn't seem like the type who, once having interpreted that you are saying, will allow any other idea of what you are saying enter his head. He read your post as saying "Everyone has their own morality and no one is obliqued to follow one. If you want to kill someone, that's okay". It's going to be hard to back out of that.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
29-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Well, one of my posts was deleted already.

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-04-2011, 05:28 PM

...I'm not going to post if shit's going to keep getting deleted.

By the way, the big bang isn't fact. I actually agree with that and I don't think anybody should claim it to be fact, since that just hurts other things in sciences that ARE fact.
Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2011, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2011 06:19 PM by ashley.hunt60.)
Looks like TheSelfishGene is going to win the race to get banned with a his first(and proclaimed last) warning. And congratulations on forcing them to resort to censorship so quickly Glaucus. I thought it'd take a little bit longer to make them so insecure. Also:

Ron Wrote:For the record, whatever atheist forum you, Glaucus, Crocoduck, TheGene (etc…) came from, make an invite for those here who want to go there and argue with you.

Looks like Ron wants to join TTA communityUndecided That or he's making a some sort of jab, hard to tell online.

30-04-2011, 12:42 AM
(29-04-2011 06:16 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  
Ron Wrote:For the record, whatever atheist forum you, Glaucus, Crocoduck, TheGene (etc…) came from, make an invite for those here who want to go there and argue with you.

Looks like Ron wants to join TTA communityUndecided That or he's making a some sort of jab, hard to tell online.

Tell them they are welcome Smile It should be interesting. I wonder if that was genuine or not.
30-04-2011, 02:32 AM
I don't know if I'd be too happy with them here. We already have a forum (theirs) where we can discuss this and the addition of another forum would complicate things.
Oh, and I could probably get banned before all of you by signing up as an anti-theist.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
30-04-2011, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2011 05:32 AM by TheSelfishGene.)
Thread closed. We can book that as a victory.
Too bad, I still had stuff to say. For Example: I read over the whole forum rules, and I didn't even break them. Unlike Ron who I believe falls into the category of "quibbling over terms (equivocation)".
I didn't get an answer of where do I find this
" In the OT, when you died you did not go to Heaven or Hell right off. And because of this punishment for sin was carried out on earth." in the Bible.

Also this:
"-The geological distribution of species"

Spectre: I don't view the fossil record as a viable testimony for either side due to the tendency of organisms disappearing and reappearing in the strata.

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\.............._​_
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Still no reason to give up. New, perfectly civil thread opened in the Bible Q&A section. Let's see how do they deal with the Bible morals.

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
30-04-2011, 05:34 AM
(30-04-2011 02:32 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  I don't know if I'd be too happy with them here. We already have a forum (theirs) where we can discuss this and the addition of another forum would complicate things.

I'm just thinking it would be easier with them here since there will be no censorship, deleted posts, etc. Also it could be fun for some people to pick apart the arguments.