Might have bitten off more than I can chew here...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2011, 07:36 AM
RE: Might have bitten off more than I can chew here...
I wasn't sure. A lot of them there can get...riled. But my only problem would be forcing the people here that have nothing to do in any of these into it. Plus the Mods couldn't swing around the banning stick like they do over there(at DeepThought said).

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2011, 09:47 AM
(30-04-2011 07:36 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  My only problem would be forcing the people here that have nothing to do in any of these into it.

Don't worry about that. I'm sure people can ignore the thread if they don't want to participate in it. I was thinking about making a separate forum for creationism. Something to break off this forum which gets most of the threads...

I'll bring it up in Suggestions and Comments.
30-04-2011, 09:50 AM
(30-04-2011 09:47 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(30-04-2011 07:36 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  My only problem would be forcing the people here that have nothing to do in any of these into it.

Don't worry about that. I'm sure people can ignore the thread if they don't want to participate in it. I was thinking about making a separate forum for creationism. Something to break off this forum which gets most of the threads...

I'll bring it up in Suggestions and Comments.

Alright, so if it comes up again(since the topic has since been closed), I'll go ahead and invite.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
30-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Decided to join you guys but so far I am getting mostly "nu uh!"

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
30-04-2011, 11:41 AM
I notice. Hey, any idea how the hell I'm suppose to provide evidence for evolution from unicellular to multicellular in such a way that they would cry bias/conspiracy/whatever?

30-04-2011, 12:12 PM
(30-04-2011 11:41 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  I notice. Hey, any idea how the hell I'm suppose to provide evidence for evolution from unicellular to multicellular in such a way that they would cry bias/conspiracy/whatever?

Well not really because no matter what you use they will cry that anyways. The Ediacaran fauna is very interesting though. It precedes the Cambrian Explosion of life and is basically an experiment by simple single celled organisms to begin to behave colonially in large forms. Perhaps that is the best way to describe the transition from unicellular to unicellular anyway. It is the result of certain cells receiving specialized functions to improve efficiency in an area where competition for resources is elevated. I mean multicelluar animals are more successful in terms of nutrient acquisition and are more efficient but they do not seem to understand that.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
30-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks, hopefully I can get somewhere with it.

30-04-2011, 02:00 PM
wow , Bearded Dude, you really bring some sense to that forum. Your comments are very clever, and scientific. Smile

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
01-05-2011, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2011 10:01 AM by TheBeardedDude.)
(30-04-2011 02:00 PM)TheSelfishGene Wrote:  wow , Bearded Dude, you really bring some sense to that forum. Your comments are very clever, and scientific. Smile

I try but I am not sure they work.
Ron types a lot but he does not say much.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
01-05-2011, 12:04 PM
There goes another post, courtesy of the admin's censorship.

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user