Might have bitten off more than I can chew here...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2011, 08:32 AM

RE: Might have bitten off more than I can chew here...
(02-05-2011 07:34 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Because my goal is not piss anyone off in the other forum. I posted my reasoning in the other forum and it still holds here. Evolution is a passionate subject for me and I hope to provide some insight on that forum from a scientific perspective while remaining civil. I do not think anything I have posted could be considered trolling and I plan to keep it that way. "You catch more flys with honey than vinegar" as the saying goes. Therefore, if I want people to listen to my opinions then I need to be respectful and civil rather than accusatory and defensive.

True science does not need people to help convert (evangelize) others to believe it. It itself convinces people on it's own merit and evidence.

So why does a true proven fact with mountains of empirical evidence need evangelists?
(02-05-2011 07:42 AM)Tim_Kiebooms Wrote:  
(02-05-2011 07:30 AM)ikester7579 Wrote:  
(02-05-2011 07:03 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The goal is to find potentially thought provoking conversation on a subject near and dear to our hearts. This thread enables us to support one another and discuss what is going on in the other forum because any encouragement we give to one another on that forum gets censored. This is a place for us to vent out frustrations and discuss ways of reiterating statements previously censored without fear of censorship or tampering.

So explain what makes what you do different from what trolls do?

Trolls are attention seeking people who try to irritate people as much as they can. While a troll would release it's frustration on your forum, we made this thread so it could be done here instead (as stated before).
We had no creationists (or other people who are opposed to our ideas) in our forum to discuss the subjects we handled here. So some of us merely came to your forum to discuss it there instead. People with different visions is what makes discussing interesting, that's what some of us sought in your forum.

Then I guess you would have no problems of me linking to here allowing our members to see just how you guys like them so much. I am sure after reading here and several other loving threads about Christians and creationist they will have a very good idea of what to think that won't line up with what you are trying to push since we showed up. You fool no one, all anyone has to do is read some threads in this forum.

You might fool people at their forums, but here where you post your real thoughts and don't hide behind different names and false world views. People see you for what you are. I find it ironic that you think you can still play the same deception at a forum where your real thoughts are posted all over the place.
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2011, 08:45 AM

(02-05-2011 08:30 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Trolls don't debate. Trolls don't use reason or logic. When trolls break the rules, they don't just skim it, they full on break them. Example of one of our posts:

That is incorrect Ashley (actually, it is only partially correct) ... Trolls do debate (please look up the definition for debate) and they use reason and logic as well (but they have certain reasoning as to the outcome.. i.e. stirring the pot… forcing their opinion etc…); they also twist that reason and logic to fit their needs. Further, trolls do use clandestine and nefarious tactics. Trolls aren’t simply blatant in their intent and methods; they use baiting tactics as well. Again, you can ask any admin/moderator form most forums about this if you really want to know.
02-05-2011, 08:46 AM

(02-05-2011 07:46 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  I have not, and nor have I seen from my ilk on your forum, said anything inflammatory for the sake of it being so, anything rude, anything, any personal attacks, or anything else that denotes a troll. Ergo, we are not trolls. Just very brave souls.
And now they are all here....

Not mine, but I'll find where you did.
Sorry, my mistake, it was Ikester([url=http://www.evolutionfairytale.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4311&view=findpost&p=71135]link[url]). Sorry for the mistake, turns out you're clean on that one.

I just want to say something to our new Creationist population. I'm not sure if you plan to stay or leave, but if you will continue to post here, I'd like to ask to try not to make life hard for the mods. None of them are any of the alleged trolls, so don't give them extra work or put them in bad situations, okay?

And I would understand your concern over the mod and admins here for I am one at my own forum. They need to know that what they allow their members to do to other forums is not always wise. I have banned Christian members who went over to other forums and caused trouble.

Every member, mod, admin is a representation of the forum. So what a forum allows reflects back on what the forum is about.
02-05-2011, 08:47 AM
(02-05-2011 08:32 AM)ikester7579 Wrote:  So why does a true proven fact with mountains of empirical evidence need evangelists?

Why are there still people in the world who think earth is flat?
Why are there holocaust deniers?

I think answering that should also answer your question.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2011, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2011 08:51 AM by Glaucus.)
Anyway, welcome to the board! Shall we move on with this discussion? Shall we deal with creationism, atheism, or the young earth idea? (Lets move it to the correct sub forum though)
(02-05-2011 08:46 AM)ikester7579 Wrote:  Every member, mod, admin is a representation of the forum. So what a forum allows reflects back on what the forum is about.

But above all else, censorship is the worst thing a forum can do. If people cannot speak freely, then you won't truly have an intelligent discussion.

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Glaucus's post
02-05-2011, 08:54 AM

(02-05-2011 07:34 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-05-2011 07:30 AM)ikester7579 Wrote:  
(02-05-2011 07:03 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The goal is to find potentially thought provoking conversation on a subject near and dear to our hearts. This thread enables us to support one another and discuss what is going on in the other forum because any encouragement we give to one another on that forum gets censored. This is a place for us to vent out frustrations and discuss ways of reiterating statements previously censored without fear of censorship or tampering.

So explain what makes what you do different from what trolls do?

Because my goal is not piss anyone off in the other forum. I posted my reasoning in the other forum and it still holds here. Evolution is a passionate subject for me and I hope to provide some insight on that forum from a scientific perspective while remaining civil. I do not think anything I have posted could be considered trolling and I plan to keep it that way. "You catch more flys with honey than vinegar" as the saying goes. Therefore, if I want people to listen to my opinions then I need to be respectful and civil rather than accusatory and defensive.

Hmmmm, I see...

(01-05-2011 08:04 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  He is also trying to call me out for apparently taking his quotes out of context even though he does it in every response he gives me. Asshat.
02-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Well Isn't it interesting getting 2 sides on something? I find it fascinating. How world views can be so different.

Don't worry.. You can say whatever you want here and there is no banning/editing/deleting posts. Unless it's blatant spam which I don't think anyone from your forum would do.
02-05-2011, 09:05 AM

I see I just had my first post deleted. So I just proved your no censorship wrong.

Nice try.
02-05-2011, 09:27 AM
(02-05-2011 09:05 AM)ikester7579 Wrote:  LOL, call us some more names. it only shows that what you believe is weak because name calling is your only resort. I am sure you can think of better ones. You actually disappoint me with just the flat earth name. Come on, show us what you really think. You know you want to.

I didn't call you any names though you did just call me and everyone here trolls.
(02-05-2011 09:05 AM)ikester7579 Wrote:  I knew you were trolls when you guys joined, but I cannot base my approval on assumptions. So finding you guys on a forum like this was no surprise.
I'm not here to score points though. Name calling is silly.

I do honestly think that Young Earth Creationism is in some ways equivalent to believing in a flat earth etc...
Thats not name calling is it?

(02-05-2011 09:05 AM)ikester7579 Wrote:  Why is censorship bad?

Let's make an example. Let's say 10 people from a Christian forum showed up here and started trying to evangelize everyone.

1) They would constantly tell you that you are going to hell.
2) Constantly post the sinners prayer.
3) Tell everyone they are liars.
4) And do everything else you guys say you hate so much about religion.

I guarantee you in a weeks time you would censor everyone of them by banning them.

And besides, you don;t pay for the hosting of other sites so you don;t really have a say. Just as I could not and would not tell you how to run this one because I don't pay for it. I have no say.

That example sounds like spam to me.. I already gave some methods of dealing with something like this in the Issues, Suggestions forum.
It didn't involve banning and deleting posts.

I just think we set the bar a little higher here with what is censored and how we go about it.. That is all.
02-05-2011, 09:29 AM

(02-05-2011 09:27 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(02-05-2011 09:05 AM)ikester7579 Wrote:  LOL, call us some more names. it only shows that what you believe is weak because name calling is your only resort. I am sure you can think of better ones. You actually disappoint me with just the flat earth name. Come on, show us what you really think. You know you want to.

I didn't call you any names though you did just call me and everyone here trolls.
(02-05-2011 09:05 AM)ikester7579 Wrote:  I knew you were trolls when you guys joined, but I cannot base my approval on assumptions. So finding you guys on a forum like this was no surprise.
I'm not here to score points though. Name calling is silly.

I do honestly think that Young Earth Creationism is in some ways equivalent to believing in a flat earth etc...
Thats not name calling is it?

(02-05-2011 09:05 AM)ikester7579 Wrote:  Why is censorship bad?

Let's make an example. Let's say 10 people from a Christian forum showed up here and started trying to evangelize everyone.

1) They would constantly tell you that you are going to hell.
2) Constantly post the sinners prayer.
3) Tell everyone they are liars.
4) And do everything else you guys say you hate so much about religion.

I guarantee you in a weeks time you would censor everyone of them by banning them.

And besides, you don;t pay for the hosting of other sites so you don;t really have a say. Just as I could not and would not tell you how to run this one because I don't pay for it. I have no say.

That example sounds like spam to me.. I already gave some methods of dealing with something like this in the Issues, Suggestions forum.
It didn't involve banning and deleting posts.

I just think we set the bar a little higher here with what is censored and how we go about it.. That is all.

Do as we say, but not as we do.