Migraineurs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Migraineurs
I got my blindfold and earplugs in the mail the other day...it really got here fast.

Thanks for the information!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-12-2015, 09:20 PM
(24-12-2015 09:00 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Has anyone heard about daith piercing supposedly helping migraines? It sounds like woo to me. All I find is anecdotal claims. I'm no stranger to piercings, but this claim sounds false.

[Image: Small-Jewelry-Ring-Daith-Piercing_zpsjjrzoiky.jpg]

I would gladly pierce that ear with my teeth!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
24-12-2015, 10:34 PM
(08-12-2015 02:16 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  On that note, what kind of visual signs? I always get splotches. Usually it's also what I used to call "electric worms" but are can't remember the actual term. Others sort of vary.

She says it is like "static" that "floats around"

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
25-12-2015, 01:20 PM
(24-12-2015 10:34 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 02:16 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  On that note, what kind of visual signs? I always get splotches. Usually it's also what I used to call "electric worms" but are can't remember the actual term. Others sort of vary.

She says it is like "static" that "floats around"
Can't remember what that's called, but I've had those at times.

I remember reading there was a conference for doctors who treated migraine patients. Only one actually got them. She explained them as a headache so bad you're not afraid you'll die, but one where you're afraid you'll live.
25-12-2015, 09:20 PM
Alcohol and sugar tend to drive migraines for me. If I keep both those down to a minimum and stay hydrated, I tend to not get migraines too often. I also get migraines from sex. Now that I'm engaged, um...yea. I have had a few mild ones. Unsure I've read about sex headaches, they are a very real thing, and it's hard to pinpoint what is bringing them about. The only thing that helps with migraines is lots and lots of deep sleep, at least that has always been the best remedy for me once they come on.

Be true to yourself. Heart
25-12-2015, 09:24 PM
(25-12-2015 01:20 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(24-12-2015 10:34 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  She says it is like "static" that "floats around"
Can't remember what that's called, but I've had those at times.

I remember reading there was a conference for doctors who treated migraine patients. Only one actually got them. She explained them as a headache so bad you're not afraid you'll die, but one where you're afraid you'll live.

I get a numbness and tingling feeling on one side of my face and I feel shaky and weak. Usually no visual issues just that strange feeling and then comes the pain.

BLAH...I had them often for years and then they kind of eased up...now I seem to be back in a cycle of getting them fairly frequently.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
25-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Migraineurs
Please don't think I'm name dropping. Long ago I made friends with the guy who played Jason in Jason X and others. He got an injury (burns) and while healing he started getting migraines.

Kane doesn't get the headache part. Instead he gets bad visual aura along with others. He told me once that sometimes he wishes he'd just get the pain because the aura annoys the hell out of him.

I always get both. I think it's one of those situations like curly vs straight hair. Those who have sometimes they wish they had the other. Although no one else I've ever talked to just gets an aura.