Mike Pence (Indiana anti gay law).................. I'm sure this is self explanatory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2015, 03:47 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 12:55 AM by Ace.)
Mike Pence (Indiana anti gay law).................. I'm sure this is self explanatory
Facepalm you have to be mentally retarded to NOT understand the intents and effects of this stupid piece of shit law

I don't know a lot about US law but I'm pretty sure the federal law says very clearly "NO DISCRIMINATE ALLOWED, PERIOD" or maybe NOT

boy does he contradict himself

boycotts
I have mixed feeling about this... this will teach Indiana that if you discriminate then you can't sit at the table with the rest of us on the other hand businesses that don't discriminate will suffer because of this too

question and real issue dodging, just say whether it allows discrimination or not, YES or NO, SAY IT!

politicians admit it the truth and they don't even know it

gamers UNITE! Smile

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2015, 06:05 AM
RE: Mike Pence (Indiana anti gay law).................. I'm sure this is self explanatory
Can Rastafarians smoke pot in Indiana?
01-04-2015, 06:09 AM
RE: Mike Pence (Indiana anti gay law).................. I'm sure this is self explanatory
Is there anything that Indiana actualy exports that anynone can boycott?

Cowshit? Inbreeds? Tabaco? Meth?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
01-04-2015, 06:19 AM
RE: Mike Pence (Indiana anti gay law).... I'm sure this is self explanatory
I really don't know how anyone could get away with passing a law like this but I'm glad they're suffering severe repercussions from it and hope it sends out a message to all of the other states that are also considering passing similar laws. We thankfully live in a society where intolerance is slowly becoming unacceptable but we still have a long way to go. These religious nuts need to realize that their ancient rulings have no place in a modern society and their beliefs should be kept within reasonable distance away from the law (when I say reasonable, I mean they have the freedom to express their beliefs but it should have no effect on civil laws that directly effect the rights of others who don't share the same views).

Ugh. This law could have me going on for days. Censored

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
01-04-2015, 12:27 PM
American law doesn't say "no discrimination ever". Far from it. Discrimination is, at the root of the word, choosing on some basis. When you as a business owner hangs a sign on his front door saying, "no shoes, no shirt, no service", it is a form of discrimination. You're discriminating based on whether the customer is wearing shoes and a shirt.

What American law actually says is this. "As a business owner or employer, you may discriminate in almost any way you desire! ... except we're setting up a very small number of protected classes. You may NOT discriminate against people for belonging (even just in your mind) to these protected classes."

Protected classes include: Male and female, race, religious position, political affiliation. Some particular exemptions for religious basis are allowed. For example, a church may designate a particular position male-only and require that any applicant be of the right religion. But in general, while you may discriminate against people of these classes, you may not do so BECAUSE they are part of their classes.

The federal government does not ban discrimination based on sexual orientation or mismatch between birth sex and gender identity. Several states do and several states don't.

In other news, the backlash against this seems to have already produced a deterrence effect.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015...eedom-bill
01-04-2015, 01:12 PM
(01-04-2015 12:27 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  American law doesn't say "no discrimination ever". Far from it. Discrimination is, at the root of the word, choosing on some basis. When you as a business owner hangs a sign on his front door saying, "no shoes, no shirt, no service", it is a form of discrimination. You're discriminating based on whether the customer is wearing shoes and a shirt.

What American law actually says is this. "As a business owner or employer, you may discriminate in almost any way you desire! ... except we're setting up a very small number of protected classes. You may NOT discriminate against people for belonging (even just in your mind) to these protected classes."

Protected classes include: Male and female, race, religious position, political affiliation. Some particular exemptions for religious basis are allowed. For example, a church may designate a particular position male-only and require that any applicant be of the right religion. But in general, while you may discriminate against people of these classes, you may not do so BECAUSE they are part of their classes.

The federal government does not ban discrimination based on sexual orientation or mismatch between birth sex and gender identity. Several states do and several states don't.

In other news, the backlash against this seems to have already produced a deterrence effect.

the more I learn about the US the more I wonder how the nation is still standing Dodgy
01-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Big Grin RE: Mike Pence (Indiana anti gay law).................. I'm sure this is self explanatory
(01-04-2015 12:27 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Protected classes include: Male and female,

A reminder that this was NOT ratified:

Section 1. Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of sex.
Section 2. The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.
Section 3. This amendment shall take effect two years after the date of ratification.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
01-04-2015, 01:21 PM
(01-04-2015 06:05 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Can Rastafarians smoke pot in Indiana?

Can PASTAfarians smoke pot in Indiana?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
01-04-2015, 01:54 PM
(01-04-2015 06:09 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Is there anything that Indiana actualy exports that anynone can boycott?

Cowshit? Inbreeds? Tabaco? Meth?

Steel, lots of steel.
01-04-2015, 02:02 PM
(01-04-2015 01:12 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 12:27 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  American law doesn't say "no discrimination ever". Far from it. Discrimination is, at the root of the word, choosing on some basis. When you as a business owner hangs a sign on his front door saying, "no shoes, no shirt, no service", it is a form of discrimination. You're discriminating based on whether the customer is wearing shoes and a shirt.

the more I learn about the US the more I wonder how the nation is still standing Dodgy

It's not so much standing as sitting on its ass.

But it's actually got a fiendishly clever mechanism working to keep it intact.

Threats from without? Let's rely on awesome natural barriers (the oceans) as the first line of defense against almost any nation in the world save, ahem, Canada and Mexico. (We're not losing sleep over them.) And then let's overspend on the military to make ourselves the world's last superpower, just to be on the safe side.

Threats from within? Let's set up a democratic system of government that works ... not well, but WELL ENOUGH... so that any group that is populous, passionate, well-organized, and well-funded enough to achieve their aims through violent revolution, has a better chance of achieving the same through the ballot box. And if they're not populous, passionate, well-organized, and well-funded enough to make an impact via elections, well, they wouldn't have a chance of toppling the state in the first place, so who cares?

Of course, with half the country's electorate sense of reality lost to delusional political propaganda in the place of news (opinions vary on which half) and with big business (which includes big religion) now able to freely and openly buy the elections of politicians, that mechanism's in jeopardy.

And no, that constitutional amendment did not pass... and would not apply to private business in any event. It is worded to regulate government, not individuals or private groups. The law that bars discrimination on the basis of sex -- one of them, anyway -- is the Civil Rights Act.