Mike Pence VP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2016, 07:22 PM
Mike Pence VP
Trump has selected Mike Pence as running mate, an ultra-conservative to balance out his own left-leaning tendencies. Rolleyes

1. He signed one of the most restrictive abortion laws in the country.
In April, Gov. Pence signed into law a bill that forbids abortion on the basis of fetal chromosomal abnormalities, including Down syndrome, among other factors. The law further bans fetal-tissue donation — requiring any aborted or miscarried fetus to be cremated or buried. And it placed onerous restrictions on abortion providers nearly identical to those that the Supreme Court recently found unconstitutional in Texas.

2. He signed a bill that made it OK for Indiana businesses to discriminate against LGBT customers.
In 2015, Pence signed a "religious freedom" law, whose sweeping language permitted Indiana businesses to refuse to serve LGBT Americans, much like Southern businesses used to discriminate against African-Americans during the days of segregation.

Backlash against the law was swift and intense. Pence was forced to quickly sign a bill amending the legislation, which the governor claimed had been subject to "mischaracterizations."

3. He blocked the resettlement of Syrian refugees in Indiana — and illegally tried to cut off federal aid to existing refugees.
In the wake of the massacre in Paris last fall, Pence issued an executive order to block the resettlement of Syrian war refugees in Indiana. Not content to keep new war widows and orphans out of the state, Pence upped the xenophobic ante by also trying to cut off federal aid to those already in the state. A federal judge blocked Pence's action, writing that the governor's order "clearly constitutes national origin discrimination" and "in no way directly, or even indirectly, promotes the safety of Indiana citizens."

4. He's an unreconstructed drug warrior.
At a time when lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are tackling the nation's drug problems with less focus on incarceration, Pence signed a bill to reinstating a mandatory minimum drug sentence. Many drug users sell drugs on the side to support their addictions. Thanks to Pence, any Indiana resident convicted twice for selling meth or heroin is now sentence to a full decade in prison. Expressing his pleasure at signing a law stripping judges of discretion in drug sentencing, Pence declared, "We need to make it clear that Indiana will not tolerate the actions of criminals."

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/new...t-20160714

Does this help or hurt his chances?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2016, 07:58 PM
RE: Mike Pence VP
I was hoping he'd pick Michelle Bachmann.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
14-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Trump's First Mistake.

#sigh
14-07-2016, 08:34 PM
(14-07-2016 07:58 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I was hoping he'd pick Michelle Bachmann.

Pssh! I was hoping he'd pick Sarah Palin! Talk about a torpedo to the ticket. Mike Pence is another piece of offal that just glues the Trump campaign to the sewer pipe. Excellent.
14-07-2016, 09:01 PM
Hopefully, we will get a more liberal replacement. Maybe.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
14-07-2016, 09:05 PM
I was kind of hoping he'd pick Ivanka.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
14-07-2016, 10:39 PM
(14-07-2016 09:05 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I was kind of hoping he'd pick Ivanka.

Me too. Becuase if one Trump can make America great again, two Trumps can make America great again and again!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
14-07-2016, 10:44 PM
The article is pure speculation because Trump has yet to announce his VP candidate. He's scheduled to do so at 11am today. I agree that Pence would be an incredibly poor choice, though. He's pro-NAFTA, pro-TPP, pro-Iraq War, ... He even criticized Trump's Muslim ban on Twitter and endorsed Ted Cruz during the primaries. It would be hard to imagine a worse pick for VP.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
14-07-2016, 10:46 PM
He should go with sixpence.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
14-07-2016, 10:51 PM
(14-07-2016 10:44 PM)Vosur Wrote:  The article is pure speculation because Trump has yet to announce his VP candidate. He's scheduled to do so at 11am today. I agree that Pence would be an incredibly poor choice, though. He's pro-NAFTA, pro-TPP, pro-Iraq War, ... He even criticized Trump's Muslim ban on Twitter and endorsed Ted Cruz during the primaries. It would be hard to imagine a worse pick for VP.

He’s postponed the announcement as you say.

Ivanka is still in the running!

Or possibly Melania Trump. It would certainly make for an even greater spectacle.

[Image: 2921181942e87e904994fc9cbd6fe58c.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post