Mike Pence VP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: Mike Pence VP
(15-07-2016 09:18 AM)Vosur Wrote:  It's official now: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...0003109888

This is hands down the most stupid decision he's made since running for POTUS and that's saying a lot.

How, now everyone knows I fucking hate Trump, but he cant really pick any of the rivals because he spent all that time trashing the fuck out of them, and those words could easily be used against him. He painted himself into a corner which is why he picked such a no name. But I hope you are right, I hope it is a bad decision.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2016, 10:39 AM
(15-07-2016 10:00 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  How, now everyone knows I fucking hate Trump, but he cant really pick any of the rivals because he spent all that time trashing the fuck out of them, and those words could easily be used against him. He painted himself into a corner which is why he picked such a no name. But I hope you are right, I hope it is a bad decision.
I'm not exaggerating when I say that I think Sarah Palin would have been a better pick than this man. He's a total lunatic, much more so than Trump himself. Newt Gingrich, Rand Paul, Lt. General Michael Flynn, Jim Webb and Jeff Sessions would all have been better picks than this complete lunatic. He's one of those Christians who thinks that homosexuals need to undergo conversion therapy to cure their 'illness' and that's not even the worst of it. No

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
15-07-2016, 03:06 PM
That's probably why Trump picked him. Choosing a moderate for VP won't get him much. Any benefit the VP candidate might have had will be more than negated by Trump's bombastic idiocy. Instead he's aiming for the christian right. Two Timothy Trump needs the christian right to firm up GOP support for him. It'll lose him the centrist vote but I doubt he ever had much of a chance there. His best hope is that the centrists stay home in disgust leaving the wings to battle it out.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
15-07-2016, 03:42 PM
Echos the Romney pick of Paul Ryan a lot, in it's safe midwestern guy who is aimed to appease some religious mainline christian conservatives or midwest/southerners(opposed to Christie or Newt who were valid options for both Romney/Trump as VP) and both Ryan[at the time] and Pence are basically known for 1 major desired act that is largely political lines driven in the Ryan voucher style medicare health plan and the religious freedom act.

I get not picking Christie, the whole appeal to Christie 4 years ago was based on elements that Trump rampped up 10X more than Chris. I thought Newt made more sense though than the safe move of Pence.

Now it's to be seen how Hillary goes, they can ramp up the woman arguments and hope to still corrall more Bernie folks away from nonvotes or going towards Stein with the Liz Warren pick.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-07-2016, 05:10 PM
This is a joke, right?

Trump is a poe, right?

I keep thinking Ashton Kutcher is going to show up and tell America we've been punked.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
15-07-2016, 05:18 PM
(14-07-2016 08:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Trump's First Mistake.

How is that Drumph's FIRST mistake? He's been making mistakes for years and years.
[+] 3 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
15-07-2016, 05:21 PM
(15-07-2016 06:50 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 08:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Trump's First Mistake.

Do realize this is all according to the opinion of Ann Coulter. One might consider giving her opinion any attention to be a mistake in and of itself. Tongue

Her opinion was a week ago, now it is official.
15-07-2016, 05:24 PM
(15-07-2016 07:54 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 07:38 AM)BnW Wrote:  I'm also curious who she picks. I think she needs someone who doesn't scare off the same demographic. I also think the person needs to have a penis, and probably needs to be white. The country is slowly progressing forward, but I think an all woman ticket or a woman and a minority is going to be too much for a lot of people. The goal is to win, not just make a statement.

I have to agree. As much I would like to see Warren as her running mate it might hurt her at the polls.

Fun little interactive graphic from the Washington Post on her choices
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/...emocratic/

I wrote to Hillary offering myself as her VP candidate, she didn't even want me for a date! The only reply I got was a plea for money.
15-07-2016, 06:03 PM
(15-07-2016 07:38 AM)BnW Wrote:  ...
I also think the person needs to have a penis, and probably needs to be white.

I'm not sure whether this is showing your cynicism regarding the Murikan electorate's propensity for identity politics, or your cynicism regarding the cynicism of the selectors of the candidate thinking that the Murikan electorate have a propensity for identity politics.

Huh

(15-07-2016 07:54 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I have to agree. As much I would like to see Warren as her running mate it might hurt her at the polls.

Fun little interactive graphic from the Washington Post on her choices
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/...emocratic/

Quote:I want a vice presidential candidate who fits the establishment liberal/diverse bill, who would be not be a historic first, who is female male and is from not from a swing state and is from not from the Northeast

Interesting that two of the options relate to politics and three relate to identity.

If this is true, about Murikan voters, it would explain the "I'm with her" approach.

Sad

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
15-07-2016, 06:27 PM
I have friends in Indiana (my home state) who will be happy that Pence won't be in the governors race now.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post