Militant???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Militant???
On a recent podcast a caller referred to JT Eberhard as "militant". I can't believe you let that slide! Militant is what people have always called anyone who stood up and spoke their mind on an unpopular issue. It was a tactic used to discredit African Americans, then feminists, then gays, and now atheists. It's a load of BS. There's nothing "militant" about JT except that he exercises his right to speak and publish his views. Does anyone ever refer to the religious right as "militant Christians"? No, because they are treated as if they are entitled to their views while atheists aparantly are not. I call bullshit on this effort to keep atheists passive and milquetoast and I think you should too, Seth!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2013, 02:12 PM
RE: Militant???
I dunno if Seth's got an email address but posting here at the forum has about as much chance of reaching him as a prayer has of reaching God Big Grin OK I lie, it is a non-zero chance, but it's slim - he's hardly ever been online and I've never seen him post since I joined.

Welcome to the forum Smile
29-06-2013, 02:16 PM
(29-06-2013 01:25 PM)Houndentenor Wrote:  On a recent podcast a caller referred to JT Eberhard as "militant". I can't believe you let that slide! Militant is what people have always called anyone who stood up and spoke their mind on an unpopular issue. It was a tactic used to discredit African Americans, then feminists, then gays, and now atheists. It's a load of BS. There's nothing "militant" about JT except that he exercises his right to speak and publish his views. Does anyone ever refer to the religious right as "militant Christians"? No, because they are treated as if they are entitled to their views while atheists aparantly are not. I call bullshit on this effort to keep atheists passive and milquetoast and I think you should too, Seth!

Was it just me or did the caller you are referring to also spend the entire call trying to figure out how to call all minorities stupid without sounding like a bigot? As to Seth, I think leaving a post on the facebook page has a much better chance of reaching him.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
29-06-2013, 02:18 PM
It's a vector. Like all vectors, self-governanace is key. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user