Millions LOSE insurance because of Obamacare. Around 1,000 get insurance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Millions LOSE insurance because of Obamacare. Around 1,000 get insurance
Sticker shock often follows insurance cancellation:

The article explains how millions of "middle-class Americans receiving insurance cancellation notices are finding premiums on their state insurance exchanges more expensive with higher deductibles", some by several hundred percent. Compare the millions of people losing their insurance because of Obamacare to the number of people gaining insurance. Obama refuses to release the numbers, but it's estimated to be around 1,000.

Factcheck.org, Politifact, NPR, Washington Post, CNN, NBC, CBS, LA Times all agree that Obama lied through his teeth when he promised Americans “if you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan”, and that even when he knew it was a bald-faced lie, he just kept repeating it, fully aware that many millions of Americans would get cancellation notices and lose their insurance unless they bought much, much more expensive plans from the Obamacare exchange.

If a corporate CEO lied like that, he would be rotting in jail for fraud. Corporations are much more accountable than governments.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes frankksj's post
02-11-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: Millions LOSE insurance because of Obamacare. Around 1,000 get insurance
Quote:If a corporate CEO lied like that, he would be rotting in jail for fraud. Corporations are much more accountable than governments.

I'm sure Lloyd Blankfein or Dick Fuld read such statements and snicker at the gullible tools who believe that.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
03-11-2013, 11:12 AM
(02-11-2013 08:03 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I'm sure Lloyd Blankfein or Dick Fuld read such statements and snicker at the gullible tools who believe that.

Fuld WAS pursued by prosecutors, and he DID fear prison time, but the prosecutors couldn't find enough evidence to convict him. You might prefer we go back to the old days when somebody's head would be mounted on a stick just because he wasn't liked. But, at least for now, we have a judicial system that requires EVIDENCE. Do you have any evidence to prove Fuld's crime? If no, then your last post is typical emotional, faith-based nonsense. If you DO have evidence, then YOU are an accomplish because you should have shared it with the prosecution.

Now, since my OP was a comparison of corporate vs. government accountability, let's compare Fuld's case to James Clapper, head of the NSA. For Clapper, there is no question that he committed a very serious felony which should have gotten him several years behind bars; he admits that he lied under oath in his Congressional testimony, and nobody disputes this. I dare you to name one time in the past 50 years when a corporate executive has committed such a blatant, serious crime as that, where the evidence was airtight, and he did NOT rot in a prison cell?

As far as Blankfein, Goldman Sach's CEO's always have impunity since there's a revolving door between them and the Fed and the Treasury. Remember, it's Blankfein's predecessor, former Goldman Sach's CEO Harry Paulson, that is head of the Treasury Department. You have a lot of nerve complaining about this example when it's the folks on YOUR side of the debate that insist on intertwining governments and corporations like this, which is how companies like Goldman Sach's, Booz Allen, etc. can commit such crimes with absolutely impunity.

[Image: 17152.jpg?maxWidth=800&maxHeight=600]
03-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:Fuld WAS pursued by prosecutors, and he DID fear prison time, but the prosecutors couldn't find enough evidence to convict him. You might prefer we go back to the old days when somebody's head would be mounted on a stick just because he wasn't liked. But, at least for now, we have a judicial system that requires EVIDENCE. Do you have any evidence to prove Fuld's crime? If no, then your last post is typical emotional, faith-based nonsense. If you DO have evidence, then YOU are an accomplish because you should have shared it with the prosecution.

Yeah, and by our legal system, OJ isn't guilty of murdering Nicole. It's amazing what you can buy with a team of good lawyers.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
03-11-2013, 11:45 AM
(03-11-2013 11:12 AM)frankksj Wrote:  You have a lot of nerve complaining about this example when it's the folks on YOUR side of the debate that insist on intertwining governments and corporations like this, which is how companies like Goldman Sach's, Booz Allen, etc. can commit such crimes with absolutely impunity.

Pretty sure we all wanted single payer insurance, this was the compromise that was struck with the right, so don't try to pin that **** on me. Both sides of the isle have their fare share of corporate charity and no-bid BS.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
03-11-2013, 11:48 AM
(03-11-2013 11:23 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Yeah, and by our legal system, OJ isn't guilty of murdering Nicole. It's amazing what you can buy with a team of good lawyers.

You ignored my challenge:

I dare you to name one time in the past 50 years when a corporate executive has committed such a blatant, serious crime as that [Clapper's perjury], where the evidence was airtight, and he did NOT rot in a prison cell?

I assume that since you changed to the subject that means you concede that corporate executives ARE in fact more accountable than government bureaucrats.

As far as the new subject you brought up about the judicial system being broken, I agree with you 100%.
03-11-2013, 12:31 PM
And then there is this.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
03-11-2013, 12:38 PM

[+] 2 users Like ridethespiral's post
03-11-2013, 01:10 PM
(03-11-2013 12:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  And then there is this.

LOL. Her story was "debunked" in that she's low income and therefore, under Obamacare, can force other Americans to chip in and pay for her insurance. The fact is the insurance DID go up under Obamacare. And frankly, she was a moron for getting such a stupid plan in the first place. The plan I had with Anthen, which got cancelled under Obamacare, cost $54/month, and gave me $2 million in coverage with a $12,500 deductible. Given the deductible, it was exactly what insurance is supposed to be--a manged risk pool to cover extraordinary, unplanned events.

Now, with Obamacare, the rate goes up to over $200/month for a bronze plan. Sure, it covers routine checkups. But that's just fucking moronic. No reasonably intelligent person buys insurance to cover planned, predictable expenses. If you know you're going to need an annual checkup that costs $500, why on earth would you pay Blue Cross $700 to have them pay the doctor, instead of paying $500 to the doctor yourself. Duh. You Obamacare supporters seem to be totally inept in math and finance and incapable of understanding the concept of insurance--it's a managed risk pool to cover high, unexpected expenses. Everybody _WILL_ on average, always pay MORE for insurance than paying the bills directly, BUT, insurance makes sense in case you happen to NOT be average, and you're faced with a large, unexpected bill. It mitigates the risk--but you PAY a premium for that service. For routine checkups, there IS NO RISK. You KNOW that you're going to need the checkup. It's absolutely moronic to put an insurance company in the middle, where the insurance company pays the doctor for you, marks it up with a large profit margin, and passes on the higher cost to you. You're paying the insurance company to act as a middleman, but the insurance company isn't adding any value, it isn't providing any service, it's just taking your money for no reason. This is why insurance companies LOVE Obamacare so much.

But since you guys seem unable to comprehend this, here, I'll offer this same "service" to you. I'll give you grocery insurance. If you spend $400/month on groceries, pay me instead $600/month, and I'll pay the super market $400/month for you and keep the extra $200 as my profit for providing you this "service". How's that any different than what you guys are doing, throwing an insurance company to act as a middle and markup your planned expenses?
[+] 1 user Likes frankksj's post
03-11-2013, 01:49 PM
To all non americans,, Obamacare = a derogatory term for their national healthcare systems.
Republicans realy dont give a fuk for international relations do they.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post