Millions LOSE insurance because of Obamacare. Around 1,000 get insurance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2013, 06:30 PM
RE: Millions LOSE insurance because of Obamacare. Around 1,000 get insurance
well didnt know were to put this but a friend of mine stuck this on my way on Facebook, this guy is the pastor at the BIG ASS church here in Louisville. and i read it and it piss me off how it all comes across to me but thats putty fucked up, if im reading that right. Any way just wanted so insight from this community thamkls Ohmy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 06:31 PM
sry was suppose to post this with my last post OOPS lol
http://www.bobrussell.org/2013/11/03/a-b...lthcare-2/
03-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Holy shit. For the first time ever I agree with the religious nuts about something. They described health care as:

1. individual responsibility
2. family involvement
3. charity
4. government, as a last resort

Today's left puts them in the opposite order. Well, not really. Government is #1. And everything else is scratched off the list.
04-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Your title is disingenuous, Frank. It leaves out those covered by the Medicaid expansion and the numbers from the State run exchanges. Why those States which most dislike the Federal Government would opt to let the Federal Government handle health insurance for their citizens is a puzzle to me. The notable exception being Kentucky which has the most successful health care exchange out there. ... just sayin'.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
05-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Incorrect. Flat out wrong.

Any insurance plan offered prior to the passage of the ACA was grandfathered.

It is the insurance company's choice whether or not to continue to offer a plan.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2013, 05:24 PM
(05-11-2013 04:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  Incorrect. Flat out wrong.

It is the insurance company's choice whether or not to continue to offer a plan.

@Chas, it is so frustrating when you present as "facts" stuff that has already been debunked. It's already been posted in this forum that this is a lie. It's been fact-checked by several independent fact checkers, and all have rate it a 'pants-on-fire' lie. Earlier BryanS posted this explanation.

Now, if you felt Bryan et al were wrong, and you explained WHY they're wrong, fine, that's legitimate. But when people keep pointing out you're wrong and providing 3rd party links to prove it, and you just keep ignoring them and saying "No I'm right", it's not much of a debate.

(04-11-2013 12:16 AM)BryanS Wrote:  Obama lied. No doubt about it. Even multiple, notable liberals have acknowledged this. Plans were grandfathered only if their costs changed no more than $5. And adding anything that is required under ACA is itself a change in the plan, which if the plan cannot charge for the additional coverage means that the company has no choice but to terminate these plans. The requirements for allowance of grandfathering plans were set so impossibly high that there are no plans that could qualify for grandfathering. This was by design, and as reported by NBC, the Obama admin knew/predicted that millions would lose their plans. Fact checking sites, like the Washington Post, have rated this claim of Obama's the highest rating of dishonesty on their scale (four Pinocchios ):
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact...alth-plan/
05-11-2013, 05:55 PM
(05-11-2013 05:24 PM)frankksj Wrote:  

@Chas, it is so frustrating when you present as "facts" stuff that has already been debunked. It's already been posted in this forum that this is a lie. It's been fact-checked by several independent fact checkers, and all have rate it a 'pants-on-fire' lie. Earlier BryanS posted this explanation.

Now, if you felt Bryan et al were wrong, and you explained WHY they're wrong, fine, that's legitimate. But when people keep pointing out you're wrong and providing 3rd party links to prove it, and you just keep ignoring them and saying "No I'm right", it's not much of a debate.

(04-11-2013 12:16 AM)BryanS Wrote:  Obama lied. No doubt about it. Even multiple, notable liberals have acknowledged this. Plans were grandfathered only if their costs changed no more than $5. And adding anything that is required under ACA is itself a change in the plan, which if the plan cannot charge for the additional coverage means that the company has no choice but to terminate these plans. The requirements for allowance of grandfathering plans were set so impossibly high that there are no plans that could qualify for grandfathering. This was by design, and as reported by NBC, the Obama admin knew/predicted that millions would lose their plans. Fact checking sites, like the Washington Post, have rated this claim of Obama's the highest rating of dishonesty on their scale (four Pinocchios ):
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact...alth-plan/

Link

05-11-2013, 06:11 PM
(05-11-2013 05:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  Link

Typical. You, like this Daily Kos, ignore all the facts. What about Bryan's comment "Plans were grandfathered only if their costs changed no more than $5", meaning no plans would qualify for grandfathered status? It's not like you dispute it. Nope. In one ear and out the other. Facts don't matter.

And it's laughable that Daily Kos calls it a "Republican talking points". Let's see. I've seen this on Politifact, FactCheck, CNN, NBC, LATimes, NYTimes, etc., etc. All those Republican rags, right? Daily Kos is actually the FIRST place I've seen that says otherwise, and they don't dispute any of the facts; they just ignore them. Says a lot about the quality of your sources.
05-11-2013, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 06:19 PM by Chas.)
(05-11-2013 06:11 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 05:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  Link

Typical. You, like this Daily Kos, ignore all the facts. What about Bryan's comment "Plans were grandfathered only if their costs changed no more than $5", meaning no plans would qualify for grandfathered status? It's not like you dispute it. Nope. In one ear and out the other. Facts don't matter.

And it's laughable that Daily Kos calls it a "Republican talking points". Let's see. I've seen this on Politifact, FactCheck, CNN, NBC, LATimes, NYTimes, etc., etc. All those Republican rags, right? Daily Kos is actually the FIRST place I've seen that says otherwise, and they don't dispute any of the facts; they just ignore them. Says a lot about the quality of your sources.

From the ACA:
"‘‘(k) EXISTING PROGRAMS.—Nothing in this section shall prohibit a program of
health promotion or disease prevention that was established prior to the date of
enactment of this section and applied with all applicable regulations,
and that is operating on such date, from continuing to be
carried out for as long as such regulations remain in effect."

PART II—OTHER PROVISIONS
SEC. 1251. PRESERVATION OF RIGHT TO MAINTAIN EXISTING COVERAGE.
(a) NO CHANGES TO EXISTING COVERAGE.—
(1) IN GENERAL.—Nothing in this Act (or an
amendment made by this Act) shall be construed to
require that an individual terminate coverage under
a group health plan or health insurance coverage in
which such individual was enrolled on the date of
enactment of this Act.
(2) CONTINUATION OF COVERAGE.—With respect
to a group health plan or health insurance coverage
in which an individual was enrolled on the date of
enactment of this Act, this subtitle and subtitle A
(and the amendments made by such subtitles) shall
not apply to such plan or coverage, regardless of
whether the individual renews such coverage after
such date of enactment.

05-11-2013, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 06:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-11-2013 05:24 PM)frankksj Wrote:  

@Chas, it is so frustrating when you present as "facts" stuff that has already been debunked. It's already been posted in this forum that this is a lie.

Oh yeah, like since it's been posted here it must've been debunked. You have a strange definition of debunked. Here's the law.

All health plans must:
End lifetime limits on coverage
End arbitrary cancellations of health coverage
Cover adult children up to age 26
Provide a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC), a short, easy-to-understand summary of what a plan covers and costs
Hold insurance companies accountable to spend your premiums on health care, not administrative costs and bonuses

Grandfathered plans DON'T have to:
Cover preventive care for free
Guarantee your right to appeal
Protect your choice of doctors and access to emergency care
Be held accountable through Rate Review for excessive premium increases

In addition to the above, grandfathered individual health insurance plans (the kind you buy yourself, not the kind you get from an employer) don't have to:
End yearly limits on coverage
Cover you if you have a pre-existing health condition

Your insurance company elected not to grandfather your plan because they either didn't think it was cost effective to end lifetime limits on coverage, end arbitrary cancellations of health coverage, cover adult children up to age 26, provide a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC), a short, easy-to-understand summary of what a plan covers and costs, and/or be held accountable to spend your premiums on health care, not administrative costs and bonuses. Your blame is misplaced.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.